Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2007, 06:51 PM

646 posts, read 1,784,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
true that coming to the United States you do not need to take a oath as a citizen,but when using public resources then it should be.Also,the constitution is about laws,and illegal immigration is breaking the law.

And my friend,again I do not claim to be the best at grammar,I post with "my style" as if we were sitting at a table face to face having a debate.My grammar may be flawed,but my debate is not.
What kind of public resources are you referring to? Do you mean that permanent residents shouldn't be allowed to go to school and things like that? They do pay taxes so I don't see the connection there. However, my understanding of the law is that you're not allowed to claim things like welfare benefits as a permanent resident unless you've worked here for 10 years, that's why they make sure that someone has to submit a affidavit of support when someone applies for a green card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 08:34 PM

398 posts, read 1,406,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Filmsniffer, I wholeheartedly agree. If I could've given Eaglecall about 100 rep points, I would have.

Thank you, Sir.

And people, we don't need to discuss what mexicans did here before, what they founded or what belongs to them. The truth is plain and simple: Mexico is a complete dysfunctional, corrupted country. Do not blame the US, do not blame politicians, do not blame a president. Blame ITS PEOPLE. The few over there who have a little bit of education, KNOW that in order to survive in that jungle, the best business is to export the vast majority of the population to USA. That way they get rid of poverty, crime, and that way mexico receives BILLIONS of dollars every year. Then a bunch of racist idiots here claim "Don't touch the poor illegals; they are fallen angels from the sky who are here to do what lazy Americans don't want to do"

How would be California if it was mexican territory? how would be Nevada if it was mexican territory? and the same with Arizona?, New Mexico? Do you think we could see big cities like L.A., Phoenix, Las Vegas?? NO. All of that territory would be an empty useless poor piece of desert. Thanks to the American people, is not that way. That land is productive, full of prosperity, beautiful cities and THAT'S WHY NOW MEXICANS SAY "Oh, that was my land and was stolen by racists" Only because they see the prosperity on the other side and hate it because is what they are unable to do in their own soil.

If the border was in Amarillo, TX., they would be running accross the poor empty land of the south west invading Amarillo. And this goes not only to mexicans, but all of those who come here with a "pay back time" attitude, instead of admiration and unconditional love for this country.

I continue in my patriotic effort to preserve The United States of America. The enemy number one of our prosperity and future, is the current immigration system. ZERO TOLERANCE to illegal criminal aliens is the first step. Total sealing and security of the border is another, as well as massive unconditional deportation of those criminals already here. Only upon lack of people to do certain jobs, WE would request the world to send us those with the neccessary skills. Then, comes the difficult and slow part of reforming the whole immigration process to allow here those who dream to be Americans, and reject those who come here with conditions and intentions of creating something different inside the nation who gave them the opportunity to be all they can be.

It is imperative to understand the base of this situation. It is imperative to clarify that we MUST see no race, color, religion or country of origin. The only thing we need to pay attention is, idiosincrasy; way of thinking. You can be the poorest man in a small town in South America but maybe you admire how Americans organized their nation from the begining and you dream to leave behind the system you do not approve and become an American. Then you should be more than welcome to come here, assimilate, be all you can be and raise your children with the American values because you think are the best in the world.

Coming here "just to have a better life", is not enough. I am sorry. I understand the needs of each person in this world but The USA is not here in this world just by the grace of God; it is here because of a massive effort of a whole society through hundreds of years and that is what every person willing to come here should understand. Based on that, that feeling of love for this country is born; based on that, is when an immigrant dreams to be an American because "it feels is the same way of thinking under wich I was raised"; That is the point when a person is sincere with himself and take the decision to leave behind his land forever and become part of a new territory; for his future, prosperity; for his family, children. Not everybody will have the ability to see things that way, most will have only the intention to come here for the benefits and the opportunity and that's where our immigration system fails, and that's our objective number one. Fix the immigration system. Immigration is our future; the raw materials we let in today, will shape the final product of the next generation; we have in our hands the responsibility of giving the opportunity to millions of people around the world, having in exchange what we really need for our own prosperity; not the temporary fix for a cheap hand labor, but the solid ground for those who will lead and command this country for the present millenium.

Enough.
God bless yall.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:39 AM

233 posts, read 438,768 times
Talking Bravo

Eaglecall, bravo for the best of the best on the situation with good remedies for the situation too. Thanks for a great read.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:00 AM

Thanks mom. lol. Now one thing is to write this "raw" project and a different thing is to see it someday fullfilled. One thing is for sure: Our politicians WILL NEVER DO IT. We can get closer, but never like 95% of Americans would like to have it done. What we always advice (I say "we" because I'm part of several other groups) is, make noise. Americans are civilized; americans will not go to the streets and throw stones to the police and burn tires like they do in south america. We are smarter than that. So this noise means, TALK. Talk to your children, talk to your friends, talk to unknown people; it is a delicate issue but there is always a way to engage the topic and at the end that is "something". Spread the word. Try to wake up as much people as you can. Send e-mails, vote on online polls, write to journalists. Teach young Americans about the true American values; about the history of this nation. Make them feel how hard was to create a country like this so they feel the need to stand up and preserve what we have. That is something. We need to move forward united as one society. Identify ourselves will help isolate the enemy. Big empires, like The Roman Empire, have died from inside, instead of from outside. We must learn from History.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:21 PM

Wink Been talking about it for 10 years now

Eaglecall, I've been talking about this problem for more than 10 years now...............in those earlier years all I got back in return was "you're so biggoted" "you're so mean to these poor people" "you should be ashamed of yourself, this country was born of immigrants" now.........the tide has swung the complete opposite, especially here where I live, because it has shown up and smacked the locals in their pocketbook.....case in point. We moved here 26 years ago, at that time they were building a fancy developement where the average house ran at around $250,000, two of my brother in laws worked as carpenters on it and made an average of $18 an hour. The town has grown tremendously over the years and now they are building a gated developement where the average house is runnning near one mil, the town was very excited at the thought of all the locals who would have enough work until the homes were built over the course of at least 3 years, you guessed it, there are no locals working on this developement..........all mexican workers at an average of $8 an hour with no insurance, they get hurt they go to the local hospital and guess who foots that bill. This is progress? This is helping our economy? What do they think happened to the American workers who used to do all those jobs? I can tell them, many lost their homes and had to leave the area. Are the houses any cheaper because the contractor has lower labor costs.......hell no, he just makes larger profits. But what this has accomplished is many who thought I was so horrible years ago for what I was saying are now on the other side of the fence and are active in wanting illegals out of the country. Talk? I've been running my mouth for over 10 years at this point and there is no way I will shut up until I am dead, because this is wrong and a slap in the face to every immigrant who loves this country and did the right thing to get here!

Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,411,373 times
Press 1 for English ...

I'm a contractor, I hire Americans and I can't underbid those hiring illegals and make a profit. Doesn't matter I'm not going to hire illegals to compete. I'll go out of business first, but so far I have enough people wanting to pay the higher price knowing they are hiring real legal American workers. You know the ones that pay taxes and SSI to help pay for the illegals competing against them.
I can't even go to the store without an illegal hitting me up for work and offering to do it for $7-$9/hr. Really getting sick of it ...

Old 06-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Smile Advertise your patriotism

Davart, thanks for hiring those Americans, I think you definitely need to let that fact be known in any advertising you do. As many more Americans get sick and tired of what they are seeing they will actively seek out those that push Americans goods and labor, I know we do.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:03 AM

Yes, thank you Davart. And please if you know of any company or person hiring illegal aliens do not hesitate one second and denounce it. There are plenty of web sites where you can post their information and THEY ARE BEING FINED for that.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Websites

[quote=eaglecall;819296]Yes, thank you Davart. And please if you know of any company or person hiring illegal aliens do not hesitate one second and denounce it. There are plenty of web sites where you can post their information and THEY ARE BEING FINED for that.[/QUOTE+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
Eaglecall, can you list some of those websites for us? or if thats not allowed here can you private message us that are interested in them............thanks alot..........I love finding like minded people after being in the minority with my views for so many years. Have a great weekend!

Old 06-03-2007, 04:24 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,485,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahluagal View Post
We moved to Kingsport from a town in Illinois that was 65% Hispanic...I could no longer read the signs in the stores. Now we may be moving to Nashville and am looking for areas that English is the primary language and that there isn't a taco stand on every corner. I know that this is not the Politically Correct stance but I've been there, done that, and have had enough. Could someone recommend communites within a 45 minute druive of Nashville that would my totally non-PC need?
I know what you are talking about. I lived in California, And their so many places that it looked like I crossed over the border with out knowing. It is so sad that are own country looks more like mexico the the U.S.A. Is all this going to stop, Is something going to be done about it before America is lost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration