Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Their is a differnece between compassion and being a sucker, being played by the governemnt as well as the illegals, they are not innocent in any of this.
There is a difference though.....

Our government is doing what they WANT to do, and what the "money" wants them to do.

The illegals, they're doing what they HAVE TO do. While I can't agree with the method, I can't deny that I'd do it too in their shoes. I can at least have SOME respect for the illegals.

The point is, people need to stop following the illegals on this.

Follow the money. Whenever you want to get to the bottom of a political issue, follow the money. No matter WHAT they tell you about religion, freedom, democracy, etc. .......

Follow the money.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 05:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,660,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
There is a difference though.....

Our government is doing what they WANT to do, and what the "money" wants them to do.

The illegals, they're doing what they HAVE TO do. While I can't agree with the method, I can't deny that I'd do it too in their shoes. I can at least have SOME respect for the illegals.

The point is, people need to stop following the illegals on this.

Follow the money. Whenever you want to get to the bottom of a political issue, follow the money. No matter WHAT they tell you about religion, freedom, democracy, etc. .......

Follow the money.

~T

I have been in their shoes, I was homeless in my car, working two low paying jobs, guess what didnt rely on anyone else or any services. Many of them have homes where they come from, but they want more.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I have been in their shoes, I was homeless in my car, working two low paying jobs, guess what didnt rely on anyone else or any services. Many of them have homes where they come from, but they want more.
Been homeless too, worked many low paying jobs too. This, frighteningly, is not uncommon anymore.

However, the fact that they HAVE something in Mexico and want more, only qualifies them to be Americans, lol. That's the American way.

..and that's really not the case more often than not.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Been homeless too, worked many low paying jobs too. This, frighteningly, is not uncommon anymore.

However, the fact that they HAVE something in Mexico and want more, only qualifies them to be Americans, lol. That's the American way.

~T
Of all the ones I have dealt with in the years of construction I have only met four or five I really felt for, because many have a five year plan and know using us will get what they want. Still why do I need to pay for them and my own? No one has ever given me a good answer.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:53 PM

1,247 posts, read 925,222 times
Quote:

~T
But they're not Americans. They're not entitled to anything.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:54 PM

I would much rather find a way of helping them in their own country than the way they go about it here.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
But they're not Americans. They're not entitled to anything.
Well the constitution says they are. Note section 1 of the 14th amendment......

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Herein lies the problem. The 14th amendment was poorly written, or was in fact intended to protect illegal immigrants.

Note how in the beginning, it refers to citizenship. At the end, it refers to "persons". Legally, this means that ALL PERSONS, and not just citizens are entitled to equal protection under the law, and shall not be deprived life, liberty, or property.

So yes, they do have rights. Sorry to be the one to inform you.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 06:27 PM

1,247 posts, read 925,222 times
It says all persons born or naturalized in the United States...that would exclude illegal immigrants.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
It says all persons born or naturalized in the United States...that would exclude illegal immigrants.
In the beginning, correct. It makes a statement or declaration with that criteria. It THEN sets the criteria again by using the term "any person".
The word "any" is quite clear. If they said "any citizen", then you would be correct. They didn't. They said "any person".

Haven't you wondered why this issue has not hit the legal system yet?

Because it can't. They're not citizens, but we cannot strip them of everything and send them back to Mexico. That, would be unconstitutional. Only when they break the law, which is committing a crime against the state, can we override this provision.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 06:42 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,474,539 times
Quote:
In the beginning, correct. It makes a statement or declaration with that criteria. It THEN sets the criteria again by using the term "any person".
The word "any" is quite clear. If they said "any citizen", then you would be correct. They didn't. They said "any person".

Haven't you wondered why this issue has not hit the legal system yet?

Because it can't. They're not citizens, but we cannot strip them of everything and send them back to Mexico. That, would be unconstitutional. Only when they break the law, which is committing a crime against the state, can we override this provision.

~T
Aren't violating US immigration law and/or using a stolen/forged ID considered 'breaking the law'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration