U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 6,884,009 times
Reputation: 1080
Default Cultural differences

Violent Cultures: “Over the past several years, the U.S. has seen a large influx of immigrants, both legal and illegal, from countries whose values are opposed to the rights guaranteed by the U.S. constitution. Specifically, there are large numbers of immigrants coming from countries that are misogynistic. These societies accord women little to no rights, and the idea of violence committed by men against women and children is not unusual.
The fact is that South American male attitudes toward females are often archaic and misogynistic. Thus it is not surprising that the U.S. is seeing more attacks against women and little girls committed by these immigrants. In August 2005, illegal immigrant Jose Ramirez from El Salvador was charged with the violent attack of a 15 year old girl who refused to respond when he whistled at her (Roh, 2005).
Perhaps such primitive behavior stems from the homeland culture.
El Salvador and Guatemala have had a string of unsolved brutal murders where young females have been abducted and cut apart. Authorities have found body parts, including heads scattered around. In one instance, two female heads were deposited right in front of a local police station, blood still oozing from the severed heads (Miles, 2003). Gangs are suspected in these crimes as it is often part of their initiation to kill.

If you are not yet disgusted, you will be. Not only are criminal immigrants coming from cultures that are misogynistic, but they are changing U.S. culture in response to their sickness.

http://www.darksideofillegalimmigration.com/page10.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2009, 08:57 PM
 
Location: Earth
11,876 posts, read 12,799,861 times
Reputation: 3994
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
[

If you are not yet disgusted, you will be. Not only are criminal immigrants coming from cultures that are misogynistic, but they are changing U.S.[color=black] culture in response to their sickness.
How? Are Americans with no roots in those cultures adapting those attitudes? Please provide proof of those attitudes spreading from those cultures to the native born US population at large.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2009, 07:28 AM
 
8,193 posts, read 7,611,273 times
Reputation: 2836
This is an example of why it is necessary for cultural assimiliation.
No one is saying to get rid of ones heritage....but there comes a time when an immigrant must realize that the social mores of his homeland belong to his homeland. The US does not and should not have an obligation to make 'here' look like 'there'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2009, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,713,219 times
Reputation: 3644
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
How? Are Americans with no roots in those cultures adapting those attitudes? Please provide proof of those attitudes spreading from those cultures to the native born US population at large.
Suffice to say: ghetto/Third World attitudes need to stay there-----------all the more reason to have controlled legal immigration. All too often; like a virus, illegal aliens bring their childish mentality along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2009, 08:10 AM
 
Location: San Diego
17,175 posts, read 13,095,570 times
Reputation: 6039
I read an article recently about work shops to re-train Iraqi men on how to treat women. Evidently they think they can still force sex, beat and make women cover themselves here in free America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2009, 08:47 AM
 
8,972 posts, read 10,335,176 times
Reputation: 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I read an article recently about work shops to re-train Iraqi men on how to treat women. Evidently they think they can still force sex, beat and make women cover themselves here in free America.
Offhand, I'd tell these men, if you're CAUGHT, plead "culture". THat seems to work in SOME cases, and is at least worth a try. Otherwise, if you're caught doing this stuff in America, you're not looked at as 'colorful', you're just a 'criminal'.

When all else fails, have your defense attorney plead "culture". It's worked in the past.

Of course, my FIRST choice would be for these guys to STOP doing this stuff, and assimilate to OUR cultural norms. But I realize that today, that may be asking a lot. Asking a new immigrant to tone down his 'culture' is ALWAYS a bit of an uncomfortable subject...(I mean, maybe to HIM, this behavior seems 'right'....and if so, who are WE to judge ?)
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 AM
 
1,254 posts, read 970,309 times
Reputation: 892
Agreed. An Ethiopian man in Minnesota cut off the genitalia of a teen girl and pleaded "cultural rite". I call it perversion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2009, 11:07 AM
 
46 posts, read 37,208 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Violent Cultures: “Over the past several years, the U.S. has seen a large influx of immigrants, both legal and illegal, from countries whose values are opposed to the rights guaranteed by the U.S. constitution. Specifically, there are large numbers of immigrants coming from countries that are misogynistic. These societies accord women little to no rights, and the idea of violence committed by men against women and children is not unusual.
The fact is that South American male attitudes toward females are often archaic and misogynistic. Thus it is not surprising that the U.S. is seeing more attacks against women and little girls committed by these immigrants. In August 2005, illegal immigrant Jose Ramirez from El Salvador was charged with the violent attack of a 15 year old girl who refused to respond when he whistled at her (Roh, 2005).
Perhaps such primitive behavior stems from the homeland culture. El Salvador and Guatemala have had a string of unsolved brutal murders where young females have been abducted and cut apart. Authorities have found body parts, including heads scattered around. In one instance, two female heads were deposited right in front of a local police station, blood still oozing from the severed heads (Miles, 2003). Gangs are suspected in these crimes as it is often part of their initiation to kill.

If you are not yet disgusted, you will be. Not only are criminal immigrants coming from cultures that are misogynistic, but they are changing U.S. culture in response to their sickness.

http://www.darksideofillegalimmigration.com/page10.html

TRUE, GREAT POST, I am disgusted, who the hell these people with macho attitudes think they are. We are very different, we are proud of our huge number of pedophilliacs, serial killers, and polygamists...HA, HA, HA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2009, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Pa
19,813 posts, read 10,766,982 times
Reputation: 6122
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
TRUE, GREAT POST, I am disgusted, who the hell these people with macho attitudes think they are. We are very different, we are proud of our huge number of pedophilliacs, serial killers, and polygamists...HA, HA, HA
So you are saying that we need more of these? That if we could prevent more by enforcing our laws that it would be wrong? Are you suggesting that we should ignore the crimes of illegals simply because we have criminals of our own and so 20 million more won't matter?
Most impressive the logic of the pro-illegal crowd.
Your logic: My car has a few dents in the fender. So I should welcome my neighbors add a few more. Whats a few more dents right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2009, 11:37 AM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,404 posts, read 7,691,574 times
Reputation: 2163
violence and abuse transcends all cultures. it is not specific or genetic to one culture or people.

what article are you quoting? are these even reputable sources? sure dont sound like it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Violent Cultures: “Over the past several years, the U.S. has seen a large influx of immigrants, both legal and illegal, from countries whose values are opposed to the rights guaranteed by the U.S. constitution. Specifically, there are large numbers of immigrants coming from countries that are misogynistic. These societies accord women little to no rights, and the idea of violence committed by men against women and children is not unusual.
The fact is that South American male attitudes toward females are often archaic and misogynistic. Thus it is not surprising that the U.S. is seeing more attacks against women and little girls committed by these immigrants. In August 2005, illegal immigrant Jose Ramirez from El Salvador was charged with the violent attack of a 15 year old girl who refused to respond when he whistled at her (Roh, 2005).
Perhaps such primitive behavior stems from the homeland culture.
El Salvador and Guatemala have had a string of unsolved brutal murders where young females have been abducted and cut apart. Authorities have found body parts, including heads scattered around. In one instance, two female heads were deposited right in front of a local police station, blood still oozing from the severed heads (Miles, 2003). Gangs are suspected in these crimes as it is often part of their initiation to kill.

If you are not yet disgusted, you will be. Not only are criminal immigrants coming from cultures that are misogynistic, but they are changing U.S. culture in response to their sickness.

http://www.darksideofillegalimmigration.com/page10.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top