Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:29 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,823,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Just another reason why I object to dual citizenship and another reason not to legalize or make citizens out of illegals here with loyalty to another country.
citizenship and loyalty are not intrinsically linked. There are many citizens with little or no loyalty; likewise, there are many without citizenship with full loyalty.

Dual-citizenship is like parenthood. Your mother gave you birth, but you love[and are loyal to] your father just as much. Your loyalty does not have to be for one or the other.

It is our tradition since our early days not to prohibit dual-citizenship.

There is no evidence that any changes to dual-citizenship are needed or warranted.

Seems to me that people that claim that illegal aliens are changing the fabric our nation, are they themselves [the ones] ...yanking at the cloth...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 11:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,282,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
citizenship and loyalty are not intrinsically linked. There are many citizens with little or no loyalty; likewise, there are many without citizenship with full loyalty.

Dual-citizenship is like parenthood. Your mother gave you birth, but you love[and are loyal to] your father just as much. Your loyalty does not have to be for one or the other.

It is our tradition since our early days not to prohibit dual-citizenship.

There is no evidence that any changes to dual-citizenship are needed or warranted.

Seems to me that people that claim that illegal aliens are changing the fabric our nation, are they themselves [the ones] ...yanking at the cloth...
When a certain ethnic citizen group is flying the flag of another country that they also hold citizenship in while protesting the laws of this nation in favor of those in this country illegally of that other nation, I think we know where their loyalties lay.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-22-2011 at 11:40 AM..

Old 02-22-2011, 11:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,701,377 times
Yep it is certainly time for troops on the border. I saw that the funeral for the ICE agent is being held today and Napalitano has the stones to go and speak at his funeral. I would spit after her speech.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,606,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Except when a marriage is being torn apart by a divorce.

Mom might live in a dumpy apartment while daddy is always springing for the latest toys. Who is a kid going to 'love' more? As soon as the toys dry up, the child is going to be home with mom.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:16 PM

385 posts, read 719,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
1AngryTaxPayer -- as I have found, shinhiryuu is a part of the problem. He isn't an American; he's Mexican-American. Divided loyalties.
Problem? Cause I dont agree with you? Thats pretty dumb. Dual loyalties? I catch it everyday from whites looking at me waiting to see if I speak English or Spanish when I walk into a nice resturant dressed causally. I catch it from Mexicans who just came asking me why my Spanish has a big American accent, I tell them, sorry I dont speak a language that we were forced to speak as slaves, unless you speak Aztec then dont try to sound better than me.
I grew up after the 92 riots in South Central. When your big business left us, McDonalds, Pizzahut, when the only ones who stayed were Mexican owned mom and pops spots, and stores like Jons, and tacos stands (Black and Mexican owned) were the only ones to have faith and stay in our community and open after the gunfire. When the national gaurd came in and had little kids pinned to walls while they check every home then as quickly as they came, left our city without food. You understand these people are the only reason South Central did not fall into ruins like Detroit or other cities, then it hits you that many of them do not want handouts and walfare. You see a few bad apples and think the rest are like that. Shame on you for even thinking that way.
If anything I am more American than any of you, I still hold our truths, bring me your sick, your poor, your old. I dont want to close the door behind me as soon as I got in.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,815,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
If anything I am more American than any of you, I still hold our truths, bring me your sick, your poor, your old. I dont want to close the door behind me as soon as I got in.
You just have to laugh at the arrogance. Btw they're not "truths" it's a poem................and long past it's use by date. This country doesn't need anymore poor huddled masses..............

Old 02-22-2011, 03:52 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,514,593 times
Quote:
Problem? Cause I dont agree with you? Thats pretty dumb. Dual loyalties? I catch it everyday from whites looking at me waiting to see if I speak English or Spanish when I walk into a nice resturant dressed causally. I catch it from Mexicans who just came asking me why my Spanish has a big American accent, I tell them, sorry I dont speak a language that we were forced to speak as slaves, unless you speak Aztec then dont try to sound better than me.
I grew up after the 92 riots in South Central. When your big business left us, McDonalds, Pizzahut, when the only ones who stayed were Mexican owned mom and pops spots, and stores like Jons, and tacos stands (Black and Mexican owned) were the only ones to have faith and stay in our community and open after the gunfire. When the national gaurd came in and had little kids pinned to walls while they check every home then as quickly as they came, left our city without food. You understand these people are the only reason South Central did not fall into ruins like Detroit or other cities, then it hits you that many of them do not want handouts and walfare. You see a few bad apples and think the rest are like that. Shame on you for even thinking that way.
Please explain how you are “more American” than any of us. Also, please post a link to the section of our Constitution or ANY of our laws which requires this country to accommodate the sick, poor, and old from foreign nations. If you’re referring to the Statue of Liberty, please be advised that is simply an inscription, and is not a legal or moral mandate.

You don’t want to close the door behind you as soon as you got in? What was the effective date of the moratorium on immigration? Apparently even USCIS is unaware of this new policy. In fact, they are still conferring citizenship.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,282,761 times
Quote:
That door never closed. We still allow in 1.5 million LEGAL immigrants a year. It is however closed to those who don't come legally. You know just like how Mexico and other countries handle immigration.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:39 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,815,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please explain how you are “more American” than any of us. Also, please post a link to the section of our Constitution or ANY of our laws which requires this country to accommodate the sick, poor, and old from foreign nations. If you’re referring to the Statue of Liberty, please be advised that is simply an inscription, and is not a legal or moral mandate.

You don’t want to close the door behind you as soon as you got in? What was the effective date of the moratorium on immigration? Apparently even USCIS is unaware of this new policy. In fact, they are still conferring citizenship.
In actual fact immigration laws are quite restrictive (for legal migrants that is) as far as ability to support themselves or have a sponsor that is able and willing to, stringent medical exams which will disallow eligibility for quite a range of illnesses which may make the applicant a "burden" on the American taxpayer and as far as age goes, the sponsor is also supposed to be willing to support said applicant.

It's only illegals that seem to feel they should have unfettered "rights" to enter and live off this country regardless of the above.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,514,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
In actual fact immigration laws are quite restrictive (for legal migrants that is) as far as ability to support themselves or have a sponsor that is able and willing to, stringent medical exams which will disallow eligibility for quite a range of illnesses which may make the applicant a "burden" on the American taxpayer and as far as age goes, the sponsor is also supposed to be willing to support said applicant.

It's only illegals that seem to feel they should have unfettered "rights" to enter and live off this country regardless of the above.
Yes, I know. That’s why I asked him to provide a nonexistent link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration