U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2009, 02:29 PM
 
943 posts, read 2,706,331 times
Reputation: 687

Advertisements

I expect that as the swine flu gets worse in Mexico there will be a huge increase in illegal immigration. Many will come to America because the Mexican economy will continue to crash. Others will come to America for the free health care. Others will come to be with their family in America.

Regardless of the reason for coming to America, expect a doubling of illegal border crossings very soon. It is really bad now but just wait.

Agree or disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2009, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,581,916 times
Reputation: 267
I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all. It's likely that we may begin reading about Border Patrol agents being screened before and after work and that all detained illegal migrants may be screened in certain facilities.

But, after all this was 'their' land (160+ years ago) so it's only right that we welcome and provide for every illegal migrant from SOB, infected or not infected, with US tax payer-subisidized health care during these booming economic times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 03:07 PM
 
Location: In the desert
2,441 posts, read 1,852,855 times
Reputation: 1056
I really don't think that illegal crossings will get that much worse.
I think the US may beef up border agents if they think people will panic & try to cross.
The US may also help with vaccines to Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
I expect that as the swine flu gets worse in Mexico there will be a huge increase in illegal immigration. Many will come to America because the Mexican economy will continue to crash. Others will come to America for the free health care. Others will come to be with their family in America.

Regardless of the reason for coming to America, expect a doubling of illegal border crossings very soon. It is really bad now but just wait.

Agree or disagree?
Intresting question. I think I disagree because, #1. free healhcare (yes.even ER's) is a window that is closing for illegal's. #2 Enforcement and deportation are on the rise. #3 Getting across the border is becoming much harder. #4 The economy in the US is in bad shape, therefore, jobs for illegal's will become harder to find. #5 The American people (somewhat sympathetic in the past) have developed a "hard heart" towards Arrogant, demanding, 3rd world cultures that wave foregin flags in our streets. And, last but not least #6 The swine flu may be enough to close the border, which would solve the medical crisis and ease a lot of our illegal crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 03:56 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Intresting question. I think I disagree because, #1. free healhcare (yes.even ER's) is a window that is closing for illegal's. #2 Enforcement and deportation are on the rise. #3 Getting across the border is becoming much harder. #4 The economy in the US is in bad shape, therefore, jobs for illegal's will become harder to find. #5 The American people (somewhat sympathetic in the past) have developed a "hard heart" towards Arrogant, demanding, 3rd world cultures that wave foregin flags in our streets. And, last but not least #6 The swine flu may be enough to close the border, which would solve the medical crisis and ease a lot of our illegal crime.
Great points to accompany your analysis and analogy. Kudos JJ . Unfortunately, your analogy only applies to those with common sense, morals and scruples and adherence to the rule of law.

Keep in mind that the OP is referencing multiple millions of poverty stricken desperate, lawless, mexicans. Prior to the viral outbreak, the poverty stricken female population of mexico had no problem running across the border in full blown labor seeking freebies; additionally, the drug cartels have become brazenly emboldened to cross our borders and could care less about any actions or consequences courtesy of the US. Human life has zero value to them as exhibited by the multitude of brutal slayings (i.e. battery cables attached to the ears of their victims and beheadings) that they continue to commit both here and in mexico. I'm sure their desperation to get out of there has quadrupled by now.

If you were talking about a lawful, functioning nation of people with a majority of lawful, normalized mentalities then I would agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, reality, common sense and personal responsibility does not exist in the vocabulary or thought process of the majority of those here from SOB.

Great post, sorry I can't rep you again yet.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-28-2009 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 04:31 PM
 
1,117 posts, read 1,746,816 times
Reputation: 965
Napolitano refuses to close the border (says it will bring the U.S. to its knees economically). And I truly believe that this flu will bring a huge flood of illegals into the U.S., NOT ONLY to escape the flu, but even scarier...to be treated here if they HAVE THE FLU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 05:02 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Napolitano refuses to close the border (says it will bring the U.S. to its knees economically). And I truly believe that this flu will bring a huge flood of illegals into the U.S., NOT ONLY to escape the flu, but even scarier...to be treated here if they HAVE THE FLU.
I know I just saw that and posted about it in another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Reputation: 27519
For swine flu and the threat of it spreading even illegals will get free healthcare if they come here.

And with the deplorable conditions in Mexico..they have a better chance of living if they come here for medical care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 05:26 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
For swine flu and the threat of it spreading even illegals will get free healthcare if they come here.

And with the deplorable conditions in Mexico..they have a better chance of living if they come here for medical care.
They're already getting billions a year in free healthcare. They are also living off of my (and other Americans') tax dollars and stealing from poverty stricken Americans. They are the problem and burden of the mexican government, not America's.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-28-2009 at 05:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
For swine flu and the threat of it spreading even illegals will get free healthcare if they come here.

And with the deplorable conditions in Mexico..they have a better chance of living if they come here for medical care.
And spreading it to innocent Americans. These Mexican citizens are Mexico's problem not ours. Wait and see, if the death toll hits here that border will be closed chop chop. Obama will take a beating if Americans start to die in any numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top