U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 10:40 AM

16,710 posts, read 18,937,200 times

Advertisements

I am getting so many mixed messages, I am not sure what Obama's adminstration is even thinking about...

1) Napolitano ends immigration raids and even gives out temporary work "visas" to illegal immigrants..

2) Napolitano "wants" increase border security but not for illegal immigration... why not?

3) The administration is against a "national" ID card which primarily targets illegal immigrants...

4) The adminstration's idea about "immigration policy" is basically a blanket amensty and automatic citizenship for the people here...

Seems like they want more illegal immigrants to become their voters and securing their place here, doesn't it?

Then you have the administration going after employers who hire illegal immigrants.... "huh?"

So you want the illegal immigrants to be here, you want to put them on a path to be legal immigrants, and at the same time you want them to be unemployed and live off social welfare taxpayer money? Huh? Is anyone confused?

I can understand the politics of it, but this is so backwards thinking... what is the administration thinking? You give them all amnesty and make them US citizens... then you punish the employers which in turn fires the whole lot of them... then since they are now US citizens, they can claim welfare?

If I was living in mexico, china, or wherever, I would be RUNNING to come over here... is this what they want? Is this their "immigration reform"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 11:23 AM

60,520 posts, read 30,701,915 times
Don't get me started!!!

Make it mandatory federal crime, no probation, no parole. 5-10 years, for hiring or housing undocumented illegal immigrants!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:59 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am getting so many mixed messages, I am not sure what Obama's adminstration is even thinking about...

1) Napolitano ends immigration raids and even gives out temporary work "visas" to illegal immigrants..

2) Napolitano "wants" increase border security but not for illegal immigration... why not?

3) The administration is against a "national" ID card which primarily targets illegal immigrants...

4) The adminstration's idea about "immigration policy" is basically a blanket amensty and automatic citizenship for the people here...

Seems like they want more illegal immigrants to become their voters and securing their place here, doesn't it?

Then you have the administration going after employers who hire illegal immigrants.... "huh?"

So you want the illegal immigrants to be here, you want to put them on a path to be legal immigrants, and at the same time you want them to be unemployed and live off social welfare taxpayer money? Huh? Is anyone confused?

I can understand the politics of it, but this is so backwards thinking... what is the administration thinking? You give them all amnesty and make them US citizens... then you punish the employers which in turn fires the whole lot of them... then since they are now US citizens, they can claim welfare?

If I was living in mexico, china, or wherever, I would be RUNNING to come over here... is this what they want? Is this their "immigration reform"?
Napolitano and the Obama administration are desperately trying to come up with an approach to illegal immigration that will let the Obama administration seem to be doing something about illegal immigration but allow the Obama administration to continue with their primary objective, above all others, of blatantly hispandering to the illegal alien future Democratic voters, if amnestied, to keep them solidly in the Democratic camp.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,130,564 times
They don't really want immigration reform. They want to penalize the American taxpayer once again to foot the bill for all of the social welfare that they will have to hand out in buckets full to people who are uneducated, and have no skills. How many fruit pickers, guts pullers in meat processing plants, and gardeners does this country need anyhow?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:23 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,091,418 times
Make those jobs 20 and hour and Americans will do them.

f-r-e-e=J#D)U@B)S!M^O_M

Old 05-02-2009, 11:30 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Make those jobs 20 and hour and Americans will do them.

f-r-e-e=J#D)U@B)S!M^O_M
I think before an employer brings in any immigrant, legal or otherwise, the employer should have to prove they made every attempt to hire Americans and really could not. That means they should post the job where Americans will see it advertised and the job must provide standard benefits like health insurance. If no one applies then the wage should go up 10% and reposted. If that doesn't do it, it indicates wages are too low, the employer is too much of a cheapskate. If that doesn't do it, then another 10% increase in wages, maybe additional employer provided benefits. Up to at least 50% increase on the wage and then the employer can start bringing in immigrants, but the immigrants would have to be paid double so that there is an incentive to hire and train Americans.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:13 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think before an employer brings in any immigrant, legal or otherwise, the employer should have to prove they made every attempt to hire Americans and really could not. That means they should post the job where Americans will see it advertised and the job must provide standard benefits like health insurance. If no one applies then the wage should go up 10% and reposted. If that doesn't do it, it indicates wages are too low, the employer is too much of a cheapskate. If that doesn't do it, then another 10% increase in wages, maybe additional employer provided benefits. Up to at least 50% increase on the wage and then the employer can start bringing in immigrants, but the immigrants would have to be paid double so that there is an incentive to hire and train Americans.
Hold on now. Good money has been spent by the IA Chamber of Commerce to buy enough corrupt politicians to keep this type of common sense from ever happening. It's obviously time to get La Racist involved. Maybe the Anti Aclu could do something too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration