Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:14 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

The National Hispanic Leadership Agenda, a coalition grouping 29 organizations, presented a report on the process of appointing people to government posts as it has unfolded over the three months since Obama took office.

The NHLA praised some of the policies that have been put in place so far and the efforts of the government to ensure health assistance to children, as well as the intention to bring to fruition comprehensive immigration reform.

But 100 days into his term with certain posts still vacant in his administration, Obama has named or proposed 60 Hispanics for top-level posts, including 19 requiring Senate confirmation, a figure that lags behind what other presidents have done to staff the highest levels of their administrations.

The two Hispanics placed highest in the administration are Labor Secretary Hilda Solis and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar.

"There is a list of well-qualified Hispanics who can play an important role in this administration," said NHLA director Gabriela Lemus during a telephone press conference.

Hispanics Ask Obama for More Key Government Posts - HispanicBusiness.com

Their cohuna's are growing bigger by the day. Pretty soon they will ask Obama to step down because we need an hispanic POTUS. Why you ask?

In accordance with their racist/ethnocentric thought process, by virtue of being born "hispanic" your ethnicity guarantees said superiority
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 02:23 PM

103 posts, read 140,330 times
Everybody asks for something. What's wrong with that request?

Old 05-02-2009, 02:26 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,621 times
Placing ethnicity BEFORE merit? I'd like for some of them to explain publicly why requesting such a thing isn't one of the biggest examples of ethnocentrism.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Placing ethnicity BEFORE merit? I'd like for some of them to explain publicly why requesting such a thing isn't one of the biggest examples of ethnocentrism.
Agreed. Not to mention, they want everything handed to them on a silver platter when other than procreating faster than the speed of sound and thus out populating white and black Americans, they have no basis for doing so.

Thanks, for sparing me the painful annoyance of stating it for the 9999999999,0000000000 time.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:31 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
I will eat my foot if his Supreme Court nominee isn’t Hispanic.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I will eat my foot if his Supreme Court nominee isn’t Hispanic.
With all of the hispandering we are witnessing in this country these days, nothing surprises me anymore.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:40 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,418 times
This thread is off topic. What's this got to do with illegal immigration? I don't think the organization is suggesting nominating an illegal immigrant to the Supreme Court.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
This thread is off topic. What's this got to do with illegal immigration? I don't think the organization is suggesting nominating an illegal immigrant to the Supreme Court.
In light of the fact that they site the massive population of "hispanics" as a reason for their demands, without distinguishing between legal and illegal, it is indeed related to illegal immigration. Why is it that those of your ilk only cry foul about blatant obfuscation of the entire population of hispanics when it works against you?

Quote:
With more than 50 million Latinos living in the United States and Puerto Rico, representing 16 percent of the country's population, the NHLA feels it's necessary for them to be a part of the decisionmaking process in areas like education, civil rights, immigration, the economy and health care.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Who said they did?

Old 05-02-2009, 03:00 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
I think this ties into illegal immigration via the azzkissing Obama did to hispanic groups by promising amnesty as well as the infamous line that everyone should learn Spanish - not that hispanic immigrants should learn English.

Basically, its payback time for Obama. Lets see if kowtows or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration