Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,455,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And even Aztlan is a fraud------------the Aztecs in particular never ranged as far north as our Southwest.

Read that prior to the Spaniards coming along.
It was interesting with the big Mexican protests here a couple of years ago. Television reporters interviewed some of the protestors. One was asked why he was out protesting and he answered "Because I'm Mexican and protesting is what we do", and another was asked about his Che Guevara t-shirt and answered very sincerely that Che Guevara was an important Mexican hero who did a lot for the Mexican people. Many will say they were protesting because the USA was stolen from the Aztecs who are their ancestors.

It's as though both American and Mexican history and culture are to be replaced with some kind of very bland and invented story that denies both sides their true history and culture. The Mexican kids are learning that the Aztecs were ruling over the North American continent and everything was perfect until the Americans came and took the USA from them and that somehow forced their relatives to come illegally to the USA. They hear the Mexican radicals insist that if they are deported back, they will starve to death or be killed and the most they will travel in Mexico is to a border town to party and drink.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,078 times
I just wanted to let you all know that I live in Denver and I have a friend who is an illegal immigrant. She is trying to get her papers, but her husband lost his job and you cannot apply for a change of status if you are (or the person responsible for you) is getting help from the Government (such as wellfare). She is pregnant and started bleeding and cramping. She went to the hospital Denver Health and they sent her back home saying they could not treat her because she was illegal and could not afford to pay for the bill. Now she is trying to go to another one and risks dying because she does not know if her baby is alive. She is in severe pain and they just said "no".

Old 03-06-2010, 11:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,499,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nala13 View Post
I just wanted to let you all know that I live in Denver and I have a friend who is an illegal immigrant. She is trying to get her papers, but her husband lost his job and you cannot apply for a change of status if you are (or the person responsible for you) is getting help from the Government (such as wellfare). She is pregnant and started bleeding and cramping. She went to the hospital Denver Health and they sent her back home saying they could not treat her because she was illegal and could not afford to pay for the bill. Now she is trying to go to another one and risks dying because she does not know if her baby is alive. She is in severe pain and they just said "no".
Nice try, but this is simply NOT true. Obviously, you don’t realize it is against the law for a hospital to refuse emergency treatment to ANYONE. As a matter of fact, they wouldn’t even inquire about her immigration status. Try another fable, on another forum, because no one here will buy it.

BTW, illegal aliens have given birth to over 4 million babies in this country, and they didn’t give birth in alleys. You should be ashamed to spew such garbage.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:13 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,358,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nala13 View Post
Let's play the violin to another BS story.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:52 AM

73 posts, read 85,240 times
Anyone that's noticed that this forum is for the discussion of "illegal immigration" to the United States--ONLY--should note that Mexico's illegal immigration policy is fair game. Illegal immigration from Zimbabwe-South Africa? Where's that thread? Myanmar-Thailand? Sudan-Ethiopia? Forced internal migration? Who cares? For some reason, Mexico matters.

Mexico decriminalized unlawful entry in 2008--after a [still circulating] viral e-mail about how "bad" Mexico was to their illegal entrants. Look it up. Get over it.

Look at the lede of the story linked in the OP, "Mexican authorities are investigating a group of doctors who allegedly refused to treat . . ." Wouldn't it be sweet if our government didn't investigate licensed physicians that "refuse to treat" and just let some fool's leg rot? Or SOMEONE ELSE's leg rot--it couldn't be yours, right?

Yeah, that's where I wanna live. You too, eh? Papers please, or back to the ED steps to die or lose a limb. I think we've been there before.

Furthermore, "Several of the doctors have been suspended pending a negligence investigation that could cost them their medical licenses and result in criminal charges . . . [in Mexico!!!]" Wouldn't it be cool if we--in the Good Ol' USA--couldn't revoke licenses or impose criminal charges on so-called doctors that let patients lose a leg on the gurney in the waiting room because they didn't like their look.

A show of hands, please. Who was it that thought that "proof of legal presence" must be presented in order to enter an ED and receive emergency treatment? Don't be shy--show those hands and pipe up for [your] America.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:17 AM

After crowing about how harsh a neighboring country is to unlawful entrants--and learning that said harshness is bunk--I will treat unlawful entrants:

A) As harshly--they're illegal (and no one will bother to check my history),
B) More harshly--I never said anything (under this user name) that I could feel "wrong" about,
C) Less harshly--Blah, blah, blah, I'm not so stupid as to "cheer on" a "criminal", or
D) None of the above.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:57 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andornot View Post
Anyone that's noticed that this forum is for the discussion of "illegal immigration" to the United States--ONLY--should note that Mexico's illegal immigration policy is fair game. Illegal immigration from Zimbabwe-South Africa? Where's that thread? Myanmar-Thailand? Sudan-Ethiopia? Forced internal migration? Who cares? For some reason, Mexico matters.

Mexico decriminalized unlawful entry in 2008--after a [still circulating] viral e-mail about how "bad" Mexico was to their illegal entrants. Look it up. Get over it.

Look at the lede of the story linked in the OP, "Mexican authorities are investigating a group of doctors who allegedly refused to treat . . ." Wouldn't it be sweet if our government didn't investigate licensed physicians that "refuse to treat" and just let some fool's leg rot? Or SOMEONE ELSE's leg rot--it couldn't be yours, right?

Yeah, that's where I wanna live. You too, eh? Papers please, or back to the ED steps to die or lose a limb. I think we've been there before.

Furthermore, "Several of the doctors have been suspended pending a negligence investigation that could cost them their medical licenses and result in criminal charges . . . [in Mexico!!!]" Wouldn't it be cool if we--in the Good Ol' USA--couldn't revoke licenses or impose criminal charges on so-called doctors that let patients lose a leg on the gurney in the waiting room because they didn't like their look.

A show of hands, please. Who was it that thought that "proof of legal presence" must be presented in order to enter an ED and receive emergency treatment? Don't be shy--show those hands and pipe up for [your] America.
And outside of Canada and the USA; no First World nation has birthright citizenship anymore-----------Ireland did away with theirs somewhere in the 1990's. They did so to cut down the number of undesirable immigrants since all of the above can cherry pick whom they let in.

Maybe it is high time for the USA to join France, Germany, Spain, etc.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,499,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andornot View Post

When 10% of the populations of South Africa, Thailand, and Ethiopia illegally enter this country, I’m sure they will receive as much attention as Mexico. Yes, we are all aware of Mexico’s sudden change of heart. After all, how could they continue to admonish the U.S. for not embracing their illegal underclass while they were raping, robbing, and murdering those caught illegally in their country?

This thread was dead until someone chose to resurrect it to propagate a lie. End of story.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
When 10% of the populations of South Africa, Thailand, and Ethiopia illegally enter this country, I’m sure they will receive as much attention as Mexico. Yes, we are all aware of Mexico’s sudden change of heart. After all, how could they continue to admonish the U.S. for not embracing their illegal underclass while they were raping, robbing, and murdering those caught illegally in their country?

This thread was dead until someone chose to resurrect it to propagate a lie. End of story.
I don't know anything about that, Benicar. I just noticed that YOU responded to the "dead" thread last night, and I picked it up as an active thread on my travels. I ain't following that City-Data that closely, and I reckon the lie as one of many.

But in any case, what do I care about illegal entries to "this country". This forum's fair game for international users (let the crying start now).

You're all aware of Mexico's "change of heart". That's why there's a prominent post about Mexico decriminalizing unlawful entry in 2008. You'll link all of us to that post, eh?

Mexico: Rape.
Mexico: Robbery.
Mexico: Murder.

End of story, right? It must be Awesome to know that you and yours aren't "they", and "them" anymore. Guess what. You still are.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And outside of Canada and the USA; no First World nation . . .
Yeah, you lost me there. What's a "First World nation"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration