U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:46 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times

Advertisements

She was asked about closing the border for the flu pandemic and she says no -- then she turns around and says that we must close schools 'to get ahead of this thing'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 06:17 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
50+ years for the Illegal Alien problem, not the gun problem.
I did not get this from your post, but it might have been my mistake while reading. The gun problem is tightly tied with the drug problem. And the drug problem is not a new one.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Our streets have been turned into battlegrounds because of Mexican drug cartels and the Norteno and Suereno gangs, meanwhile this whole "blame America" mentality on the part of officials of the Obama Administration for Mexico's problems is sickening!

What about the problems that Mexico has imported into the U.S.? Because of the problems with Gangs and drugs, it seems that U.S. citizens are going to NEED to arm themselves as their streets turn into battlegrounds in many border states as the Mexican gangs and cartels spill into U.S. Cities.
And exactly that's why Napolitano is correct, the thread says she should focus on protecting U.S., not Mexico, and fails to recognize that better gun traffic control along the border and relocating resources from fruitless raids to help at the border is the correct course of actions. Bipolarpunk I completely agree with you that a priority should be not to let it deteriorate to the the point that civilian U.S. citizens need t arm themselves by realocating resouces to the border to control the supply of arms to the cartels.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 PM

470 posts, read 508,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
And exactly that's why Napolitano is correct, the thread says she should focus on protecting U.S., not Mexico, and fails to recognize that better gun traffic control along the border and relocating resources from fruitless raids to help at the border is the correct course of actions. Bipolarpunk I completely agree with you that a priority should be not to let it deteriorate to the the point that civilian U.S. citizens need t arm themselves by realocating resouces to the border to control the supply of arms to the cartels.

My favorite store WAS walmart...Then here at the local one their selection of Kashi wen to ****, now I shop at Target, I pay a little more but I get what I want again.

The U.S. is the favorite gun store of Mexican cartels, when they cant get the product here they will go else where and pay a little more.

Wow....go Napolitano...

And the immigration was never this bad until we ended national quotas and implemented chain migration in the mid 60s.

They will get guns and continue to fight for control of the border until we CLOSE the border. We need absolute southern border control. That will affectively solve all our issues. Or at worst make them manageable.

Like you said think a couple steps ahead, do you think WE are the sole small arms dealers in the world?

Old 05-05-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
My favorite store WAS walmart...Then here at the local one their selection of Kashi wen to ****, now I shop at Target, I pay a little more but I get what I want again.

The U.S. is the favorite gun store of Mexican cartels, when they cant get the product here they will go else where and pay a little more.

Wow....go Napolitano...

And the immigration was never this bad until we ended national quotas and implemented chain migration in the mid 60s.

They will get guns and continue to fight for control of the border until we CLOSE the border. We need absolute southern border control. That will affectively solve all our issues. Or at worst make them manageable.

Like you said think a couple steps ahead, do you think WE are the sole small arms dealers in the world?

This is not a valid reason for not stopping the weapon traffic to Mexico, under this reasoning no one would do nothing to stop the drugs cartel from acquiring weapons if there is always someone else to get them from. You cannot control the other suppliers, but it at least will not be U.S. weapons killing U.S. law enforcement personnel at the border. Once the U.S. is no longer providing them weapons you try to "negotiate" with the other suppliers.

Even though closing the border will stop momentarily the influx of illegal immigrants, it will effectively stop imports and exports from Mexico (brilliant idea, and even though you seem to think that the U.S. is a self-sufficient island, it depends on it's imports/exports to stay on top). Why do you think the U.S. is so eager to make deals and to look the other way when working with China?

"Absolute southern border control"...that sounds somewhat similar to wall..you should ask Germany how that worked out for them.

-Kellem

Old 05-05-2009, 07:01 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
I did not get this from your post, but it might have been my mistake while reading. The gun problem is tightly tied with the drug problem. And the drug problem is not a new one.
Many of the drugs being smuggled weren't even invented until the mid 80's and that is hardly a long time.

Most Opiates and exotics from the 60-70s were simply brought in by ship or plane before more enforcement by sea and air. What we are seeing now is a mid 90's to current dilemma due mostly to more enforcement making it harder to bring in by air and sea. Most Cocaine and Hash used to be flown in by plane. Weed used to be too cheap to bother bringing in as they just grew it here.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
This is not a valid reason for not stopping the weapon traffic to Mexico, under this reasoning no one would do nothing to stop the drugs cartel from acquiring weapons if there is always someone else to get them from. You cannot control the other suppliers, but it at least will not be U.S. weapons killing U.S. law enforcement personnel at the border. Once the U.S. is no longer providing them weapons you try to "negotiate" with the other suppliers.

Even though closing the border will stop momentarily the influx of illegal immigrants, it will effectively stop imports and exports from Mexico (brilliant idea, and even though you seem to think that the U.S. is a self-sufficient island, it depends on it's imports/exports to stay on top). Why do you think the U.S. is so eager to make deals and to look the other way when working with China?

"Absolute southern border control"...that sounds somewhat similar to wall..you should ask Germany how that worked out for them.

-Kellem
Are you serious?

How would the exports of legal products stop? The guns, drug, illegal immigrants, and other such things may stop. Big whoop.

Another reason we deal with the Chi-coms is because financially they support us. Plain and simple, So you are correct there. Mexican immigration and their abuse of our welfare systems are what is killing us. We could barely afford it when we where all working and our economy was clicking, but now that a large portion of Americans are using welfare systems we damn sure can't! A third of them are on a welfare program! Now they are attempting to pas the DREAM act when we are REJECTING nearly 4000 natives in Arizona?

I would love to see a profit loss analysis of what we stand to lose and to gain from a border closing. No politics. Just the numbers and then based on that make a choice.

Oh and the day we close our northern border and invade Ottawa or Winnipeg is the day I will take any comparison of our country or its leader to WWII Germany.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:20 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:

-Kellem
Not so.
How are goods shipped accross the border today? By roads? Check points.
But by controling the borders completely you regulate what passes both ways. Its a win win deal.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not so.
How are goods shipped accross the border today? By roads? Check points.
But by controling the borders completely you regulate what passes both ways. Its a win win deal.

Thank you thank you thank you.

well said sir'

Old 05-05-2009, 07:32 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Thank you thank you thank you.

well said sir'
Its not rocket science. The real issue is that the pro illegal side can't bear the thought of actually enforcing our laws, putting American citizens first and actually acting like we should make decisions that benefit America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration