Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:32 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,167,491 times

Advertisements

Sort of like saying that guy who entered your house without permission is just an unauthorized occupant. Lets face it . He may not have damaged your home, stolen anything from you but he is there none the less and without permission. Now he is requesting that you provide a better bed for him, cook certain meals for him, and of course provide him his basic needs.
He is an intruder, a criminal. Illegals are intruders and 100% of them are criminals. The laws they break are not restricted to their illegal entry. Fraud? Tax evasion? use of someone elses SSN? Lets face it. I see a car. I don't know if anyone owns it so I take it. That makes me no less a car thief. Bottom line is that I knew that it wasn't mine.
Illegals are criminals and like all criminals they are the scum of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 08:17 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,426,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Sort of like saying that guy who entered your house without permission is just an unauthorized occupant. Lets face it . He may not have damaged your home, stolen anything from you but he is there none the less and without permission. Now he is requesting that you provide a better bed for him, cook certain meals for him, and of course provide him his basic needs.
He is an intruder, a criminal. Illegals are intruders and 100% of them are criminals. The laws they break are not restricted to their illegal entry. Fraud? Tax evasion? use of someone elses SSN? Lets face it. I see a car. I don't know if anyone owns it so I take it. That makes me no less a car thief. Bottom line is that I knew that it wasn't mine.
Illegals are criminals and like all criminals they are the scum of this country.

That's pretty much how I see it.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,515,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is the crux of the issue. It shouldn’t matter if illegals don’t know if an ID belongs to a U.S. citizen; they know it doesn’t belong to them.

The recent ID theft ruling is a green light for illegal aliens, and U.S. citizens alike, to steal identities and ruin lives with impunity. Everyone accused of ID theft will claim they thought it was a bogus ID. Someone paid these judges very well to render such an asinine decision. This is not based on the law or sound judgment; this is corruption. I suspect many of our laws will be changed to accommodate illegal activities perpetrated by illegal aliens.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:44 AM

807 posts, read 1,299,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is the crux of the issue. It shouldn’t matter if illegals don’t know if an ID belongs to a U.S. citizen; they know it doesn’t belong to them.

The recent ID theft ruling is a green light for illegal aliens, and U.S. citizens alike, to steal identities and ruin lives with impunity. Everyone accused of ID theft will claim they thought it was a bogus ID. Someone paid these judges very well to render such an asinine decision. This is not based on the law or sound judgment; this is corruption. I suspect many of our laws will be changed to accommodate illegal activities perpetrated by illegal aliens.

I agree.. The US Supreme Court decision doesn't even begin to make sense.. What next?.. If an illegal alien decides to molest a child, he can say that he didn't know the child was under 18 and get away with it? or rob a house and say "I din know that som-one leeveed there".. Slippery Slope! The "justices" had to have been paid off by a special interest that benefits from having Illegal Aliens invading and infesting our country..

Old 05-07-2009, 05:45 PM

16 posts, read 24,782 times
[quote=Kellem;8678937]I keep hearing the term criminal being equated to the term illegal alien, but the term criminal is reserved for people who has broken a criminal law.

So, yes, an illegal alien has broken a law, but a civil one, not a criminal law therefore is not a criminal per se.

My dictionary says that a criminal is "a person guilty of or convicted of a crime." That means that illegal aliens who break U.S. immigration laws are criminals. People who get speeding tickets are criminals in a certain sense, too. One can, if one wishes, try to make meaningful comparisons between these two types of "criminal"s----I personally would consider doing so ludicrous. It would be something a south-of-the-border propagandist might try to get Americans to doubt their own sense of logic.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:58 PM

16 posts, read 24,782 times
One can, if one wishes, play word games, diddle with meanings, and attempt to find legal loopholes or pathways of chicanery in order to get alien criminals off the hook. More fruitful ,it would seem to
me, would be to have an enraged populace, perhaps lead by a gifted leader, force its politicians
to enforce the immigration laws that everyone says are already on the books.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:47 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,032,561 times
Bipolar: Did you find any receipts to the justices and the "special interests" ?

Keep in mind that these judges aren't elected - they are chosen for life, so there is no re-election campaign for them. How would they be paid off?

They CAN be kicked off if found committing inappropriate behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I agree.. The US Supreme Court decision doesn't even begin to make sense.. What next?.. If an illegal alien decides to molest a child, he can say that he didn't know the child was under 18 and get away with it? or rob a house and say "I din know that som-one leeveed there".. Slippery Slope! The "justices" had to have been paid off by a special interest that benefits from having Illegal Aliens invading and infesting our country..

Last edited by Vicman; 05-07-2009 at 07:00 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,521,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
But he says that you are legally only a criminal if you break criminal law. The illegals are only criminals if they deported once and come back, or commit another crime.
You're right because merely stepping over the border and being in this country illegally is only a misdemeanor and often if the illegal chooses voluntary departure, it's not even that.

Working here illegally is also a crime however, a more serious crime. Working for cash on a regular basis without paying into social security and other taxes is a serious crime. Using stolen identity and committing felony document fraud is a serious crime.

Then there are other crimes just as failure to provide child support for your children, drug trafficking, driving without insurance, living 4-5 families in a one family house -- some felony crimes, some more minor.

I'm okay with treating simply being here illegally as a misdemeanor.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:11 PM

50,116 posts, read 46,724,808 times
If I was an Attorney in training I would start a topic like this just to practice law, which is basically arguing and getting paid for it.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,040,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You're right because merely stepping over the border and being in this country illegally is only a misdemeanor and often if the illegal chooses voluntary departure, it's not even that.

Working here illegally is also a crime however, a more serious crime. Working for cash on a regular basis without paying into social security and other taxes is a serious crime. Using stolen identity and committing felony document fraud is a serious crime.

Then there are other crimes just as failure to provide child support for your children, drug trafficking, driving without insurance, living 4-5 families in a one family house -- some felony crimes, some more minor.

I'm okay with treating simply being here illegally as a misdemeanor.
If caught here illegally a second time-----------then we are discussing a Felony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration