Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 01:41 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times

Advertisements

One thing that both boggles my mind and infuriates me, is the fact that the poorer the people, the more children they seem to have. Why is that?

In the case of the millions of Hispanic illegal aliens living in the U.S., it's irrefutable that their birth rate is higher than that of most American citizens (of any ethnicity).

And in Mexico and Central America, while the birthrate is declining a bit, according to articles I've read. that decline is taking place mostly among the middle and upper-middle class in those countries. The impoverished people are still having children at a higher-than-average rate.

Is it lack of education? Is it low intelligence? Is it the Catholic church? Is it culture? Is it arrogance? Is it (in the U.S., anyway) greed?

The poor can never climb out of poverty if they burden themselves heavily with children they cannot support. And when the illegals from Mexico and Central America come into the U.S. and give us their sad-eyes and plead, "We just want a better life for our children"....I say, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD THOSE CHILDREN.

I just dont get it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 04:53 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
One thing that both boggles my mind and infuriates me, is the fact that the poorer the people, the more children they seem to have. Why is that?

In the case of the millions of Hispanic illegal aliens living in the U.S., it's irrefutable that their birth rate is higher than that of most American citizens (of any ethnicity).

And in Mexico and Central America, while the birthrate is declining a bit, according to articles I've read. that decline is taking place mostly among the middle and upper-middle class in those countries. The impoverished people are still having children at a higher-than-average rate.

Is it lack of education? Is it low intelligence? Is it the Catholic church? Is it culture? Is it arrogance? Is it (in the U.S., anyway) greed?

The poor can never climb out of poverty if they burden themselves heavily with children they cannot support. And when the illegals from Mexico and Central America come into the U.S. and give us their sad-eyes and plead, "We just want a better life for our children"....I say, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD THOSE CHILDREN.

I just dont get it??
I Agree with your post.. My theory is that it is a combination of the influence of the Catholic Church and their Anti-Birth Control stance, lack of education, and the quest of pursuing the "American dream" on the Taxpayer's dime..

Old 05-08-2009, 05:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
In one word: 'culture'-----------or the lack thereof.

Large families tend to be a hallmark of lower class families irrespective of race/ethnicity.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:17 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I'm very surprised at this point in time that the play on compassion still works. Finding that many ignorant tax payers should be a lot harder than it is.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Historically, not too long ago, large families were very common in this country, in relationship to their income levels. And no matter what country in the world it may be, the results are the same.

In India, parents automatically assume if they have 12 children, a quarter or more of them may die before reaching a working age. So it's nothing more than an insurance policy for the poor.

As this country becomes more third world and impoverished, don't be surprised to see the big family make a comeback.

Really, it's a no-brainer!

Last edited by tijlover; 05-08-2009 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: wrong wording

Old 05-09-2009, 01:59 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

I just dont get it??

I think it's several factors.

A girl that starts breeding at 12 or 13 years and giving birth at a very young age is not at some point going to learn to say no to suitors and once she starts having babies, the chances of finishing a meaningful education or getting a job go way down. By having babies so young, she has a big jump on her educated counterparts who may delay childbirth until their 30's. By the time the woman with an education and goals starts having children, the early breeder could easily have 10 kids and then keep going.

Same with the boys, the younger they start knocking up girls, the more children they will sire but the less likely they will have the education and career to support the children.

It's not so much the number of children, it's the early age the poor start having them. A couple with a college degree may start having children at 26-30, if they have children because they want a large family, they can manage to have 12 or so and still feed and provide for the children.

Illegals in the USA not only have the cultural tendency of having children at a very young age, they have the big incentive of the welfare handouts and the USA birth certificate of the child and the big advantage that gives them when they demand amnesty.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:06 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,448 times
Well stated Malamute. Public rep. I have to spread the love around first.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:46 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it's several factors.

A girl that starts breeding at 12 or 13 years and giving birth at a very young age is not at some point going to learn to say no to suitors and once she starts having babies, the chances of finishing a meaningful education or getting a job go way down. By having babies so young, she has a big jump on her educated counterparts who may delay childbirth until their 30's. By the time the woman with an education and goals starts having children, the early breeder could easily have 10 kids and then keep going.

Same with the boys, the younger they start knocking up girls, the more children they will sire but the less likely they will have the education and career to support the children.

It's not so much the number of children, it's the early age the poor start having them. A couple with a college degree may start having children at 26-30, if they have children because they want a large family, they can manage to have 12 or so and still feed and provide for the children.

Illegals in the USA not only have the cultural tendency of having children at a very young age, they have the big incentive of the welfare handouts and the USA birth certificate of the child and the big advantage that gives them when they demand amnesty.
I completely agree.

When I lived in San Diego, I would see Hispanic girls as young as 16 and 17 walking around the shopping malls pregnant. And since I'd often see them at 10am on a school day, clearly they weren't attending school. It was really disturbing to see.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
I completely agree.

When I lived in San Diego, I would see Hispanic girls as young as 16 and 17 walking around the shopping malls pregnant. And since I'd often see them at 10am on a school day, clearly they weren't attending school. It was really disturbing to see.
It’s prevalent everywhere in this country, and it’s an absolute disgrace. I’m sickened whenever I see it, because I know it represents yet another mother ‘anchored’ to this country, and yet another perpetuation of the welfare cycle. If we denied their babies U.S. citizenship, and the mothers actually had to support them, we would see far less of this irresponsible and parasitic behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration