U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman -- who has in the past appeared to support federal funding for programs for the children of undocumented immigrants -- said Wednesday that "we have to prosecute illegal aliens and criminal illegal aliens in all of our cities, in every part of California.''
Quote:
Whitman was questioned on her comment this week on Neil Cavuto's Fox TV show, regarding sanctuary cities. She told the Fox host that in San Francisco, "there is an ordinance on the books that protects illegal aliens and criminal illegal aliens. We have to stop that.''

Asked how as governor she would do that, Whitman said: "Of course, immigration law is a federal law..we need to work with the federal government to actually change those laws in San Francisco.''

"We have to prosecute illegal aliens and criminal illegal aliens in all of our cities, in every part of California ..which is consistent with federal immigration law."
SFGate: Politics Blog : Whitman: "Prosecute illegal aliens..in all of our cities."

My goodness. Is Meg Whitman a dream come true?

If you live in California, then get the f**k out there, campaign and then vote for her in 2010!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 08:07 AM

807 posts, read 1,117,269 times
WHOA!!! That is awesome!! I was reluctant to support her because of her initial support of health insurance for illegal children, but now she is definitely worth looking at.. She runs a very successful business (E-Bay) and as an E-Bay seller, her business has helped to put a few extra dollars in my pocket.. lol!

I have said many times that I am traditionally a Democratic voter, but will very likely vote Republican in the 2010 Gubenatorial Election AND against ALL incumbants in the Legislature!! The Legislature is busy passing "Nanny" laws and taxing our states meanwhile our Public schools rank 48th out of 50th, our state's Unemployment rate and drop out rate are incredibly high, there is crime infesting much of the state, etc.. But that's a whole other subject for a whole different time..

Sorry about my rant, but Kudos to Ms. Whitman!!! She keeps going like this then I will be out campaigning for her!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:09 AM

32,817 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Anyone but that kook Newsom!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 AM

807 posts, read 1,117,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Anyone but that kook Newsom!
Agreed.. Well.. Anyone but Newsom of Sanctuary Francisco AND the Racist Mayor of L.A., Villragosa..

Old 05-08-2009, 11:05 AM

16 posts, read 46,807 times
SIGN UP FOR MEG AT WWW.MEGWHITMAN.COM!!!!! AND VOLUNTEER FOR HER CAMPAIGN, PLEASE GUYS SHE'S OUR ONLY HOPE

Old 05-08-2009, 11:09 AM

16 posts, read 46,807 times

Old 05-08-2009, 01:29 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,075,346 times
ya right!!!

i am interested in more than her views on a single issue.

who votes for someone on a single issue?

i dont agree wtih her on many issues.

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR HER.

too bad i cant vote for Arnie again, dammm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
SFGate: Politics Blog : Whitman: "Prosecute illegal aliens..in all of our cities."

My goodness. Is Meg Whitman a dream come true?

If you live in California, then get the f**k out there, campaign and then vote for her in 2010!!!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:02 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,411,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean97 View Post
SIGN UP FOR MEG AT WWW.MEGWHITMAN.COM!!!!! AND VOLUNTEER FOR HER CAMPAIGN, PLEASE GUYS SHE'S OUR ONLY HOPE
You really feel she is your only hope? Wow...such low confidence. I would have to see what else she has to offer. We will see...

Old 05-08-2009, 06:53 PM

32,817 posts, read 30,061,070 times
This is the illegal immigration forum so yes, we would be talking about the candidate for us on that topic. If we are worried about how many babies they kiss in crowds then we will post that in the sucking up to voters forum.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 PM

884 posts, read 585,274 times
She wants to prosecute illegal aliens and $15 billion in spending cuts. As a registered voter in California, I will be getting involved. Can dreams come true? Let's hope so..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration