U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2009, 08:41 AM
 
Location: in area code 919 & from 716
928 posts, read 1,202,654 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

HERE IS MY RENDITION OF A VIABLE SOLUTION:

FIRST - what is the problem? yes yes yes - the cost on the economy!
That is mainly because they are ILLEGAL and intend to get theirs. Is that different than any LEGAL American? Not at all!

Root Problems are:
- Building a wall to stop them would need to be like a PRISON WALL is with armed guards every 1000 feet (more or less) - too expensive!
- Catching them will cost a massive fortune in manpower - too expensive!
- Local area's to detain them - jails are over crowded and government is too broke to build more - too expensive!
- Transporting to a centralized facility will cost a lot in manpower, transportation, housing, legal medical responsibilities, and expense in legal representation - too expensive!
- (and for those with extreme stupidity syndrome) Executing them would cost a lot in manpower and land to bury them - too expensive!
- many of them are PROUD to be from the country as are most Americans proud of the USA - they do NOT want to change citizenship.
- Their country of origin is economically deprived to one extent or another, and makes it difficult to support their family in a better manor.
- There is no way to track the criminal eliminate in the illegal community.

Root Benefit's are:
- It takes the main criminal issue of people who are desperately trying to provide for their family. Most of these so called ILLEGALS are only illegal for entry into this country. Most of these folks are really wonderful, upstanding folks who had to do an illegal action to survive - other than that - these are good honorable people!
- They are willing to do migratory work which I have tried and will NEVER do again! (I tried tobacco & oranges - miserable work! In my better days I was a HARD working fool)
- They are a significant part of the economy. These people are like every other person - they buy a lot of things from food to clothes to electronics to everything else.
- if legalized they are a source for improved nation cash flow such as Roth IRA's, FICA, and income tax generation from working above the table, increased health insurance sales to eliminate the theft of medical services, auto insurance to afford compensation for those who lost the use of a vehicle or hospitalization from accidents they cause.

Let's face it (pardon the terminology) we all KNOW about this crap - it's just fodder to grow animosity!

The actual Basic Need is for an Affordable Solution that WILL aid in both sides.
This solution offers that in many way - and here it is - a way where it can support itself and eliminate the biggest portion of the problem.

This solution involves the creation of (I am not pro government growth normally) an immigration department to man, operate, and maintain a monthly data base linked to a national crime data base which will create a revenue from the payment of a monthly immigrant labor card for ALL New World (just the America's) NON residents.

Here is a hypothetical breakdown of how it will work.

The immigrant goes to a border office and pays $99.00 a month for a labor card for one person. If the spouse comes, there is another $99.00 per month. If the children of school age come there is a lower charge of $49.00 a month junior labor card which will entitle them to resident school status in the state they are in, and it will allow them to maintain a part time job to assist in curbing their own expenses. They MUST live in the same residence as their parent to qualify for the lower rate card.

All revenue which is generated from these cards will be used offset the financial impact on the USA with a possible breakdown like the following.

-- Labor Card Program - 60%
-- Illegal Immigration support & maintenance - 25%
-- Migrants state of residence 10%
-- Hospital subsidy to assist in paying for emergency medical for labor group - 5% (to be compensated annually based on the total number of card carrying patients assisted - not on the cost of the service rendered)


What will this plan ACTUALLY do?
--- First Off - it will document the UNDOCUMENTED!
Finger prints and a photo set will be linked to national law enforcement, who will be able to find the real criminal element in the labor group.
The criminal won't want this at all because there will be finger prints to link them to their illegal activities. This can be a huge impact on gangs like MS - 13 who won't get documented because they are wanted by the law. Once they are picked up for an infraction, their lack of a labor card is a warning flag to do a deep search on their finger prints in criminal databases.
--- Secondly - it will allow them to assimilate into the functions in place that allow and make our people secure in their own future plans.
It will permit them to open retirement accounts for their old age and the future of their children. It will give them an opportunity to invest in the stock market with legal funds.
It will allow them and their children to gain better education which they in return can take to their country of origin to become an integrated part of their nations fiscal growth and improvement which will eventually remove their needs from dependence on our system while allowing us to enjoy benefits of their nations fiscal growth. Imagine buying a Peso today and cashing it in in 10 years for 30 times its current value (hypothetically described here) - what an amazing return potential that could offer!
In the long run it will allow them to enjoy most benefits which every American enjoys while helping us, themselves, and even their own country by improving their educational value in their place of origin.
--- Thirdly - it will give law enforcement a strong base point to establish control on illegal worker activities by cracking down on the interest to use undocumented workers through fining employers with a minimum of $5,000.00 per undocumented worked.

WHAT YOU WANT TO BET that tax evading politicians will NOT accept this because they do not want to pay additional for their maid's and babysitters!

Anyway - like the title says - this is "a Basic idea on fixing the problem with illegals"

In my opinion this is an equitable middle of the road solution where the problem could be finally but put to rest
and people will able to start living integrity and dignity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2009, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
If this recession deepens (which it may); the pressure to deport illegal aliens will only increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2009, 03:10 PM
 
Location: in area code 919 & from 716
928 posts, read 1,202,654 times
Reputation: 453
It will cost too much to do so

We need a more practical solution. Thats why I suggest creating a monthly labor card ... then we can find the serious criminal element (without the labor card)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2009, 03:47 PM
 
157 posts, read 155,402 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
It will cost too much to do so

We need a more practical solution. Thats why I suggest creating a monthly labor card ... then we can find the serious criminal element (without the labor card)
Deputize American citizens across the country. They'll do it for free. We could solve this issue in a hot second. I'm only half way kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2009, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
It will cost too much to do so

We need a more practical solution. Thats why I suggest creating a monthly labor card ... then we can find the serious criminal element (without the labor card)
Or we can enforce our laws. Nail the employers with huge fines/ jail time.Go after the facilitators and nail them as well. Go after the land lords and nail them with huge fines/jail time. When illegals are caught strip them of all their ill begotten assets to help pay for the costs. Make life for the illegal impossible and they will self deport. We have seen in states where they go after illegal the illegal leaves.
No sir we should never reward criminal behavior. It only inspires more of the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2009, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
It will cost too much to do so

We need a more practical solution. Thats why I suggest creating a monthly labor card ... then we can find the serious criminal element (without the labor card)
E Verify my friend, E Verify.

Also; make it a felony to knowingly hire an illegal alien. Needless to say: if said illegal has a SSN that passes E Verify (not very likely), then said employer would have nothing to worry about.

Cost too much? That will not fly with growing numbers of unemployed Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2009, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck

Root Problems are:
- Building a wall to stop them would need to be like a PRISON WALL is with armed guards every 1000 feet (more or less) - too expensive!
- Catching them will cost a massive fortune in manpower - too expensive!
- Local area's to detain them - jails are over crowded and government is too broke to build more - too expensive!
- Transporting to a centralized facility will cost a lot in manpower, transportation, housing, legal medical responsibilities, and expense in legal representation - too expensive!
- (and for those with extreme stupidity syndrome) Executing them would cost a lot in manpower and land to bury them - too expensive!
The Heritage Foundation did a study about the fiscal cost of amnesty for 10 million illegals and came up with 2.6 TRILLION dollars. For the more probable number of 20 plus million illegals, the cost was 5.2 TRILLION dollars. In light of these astronomical costs it's absurd to say that it's too expensive to build the type of wall that would really stop illegal immigration, or that it's too expensive to catch all of them, or that it's too expensive to build more detention facilities, etc., etc.

So just how much would it really cost to round up and deport 20 million illegals? Well, no one knows for sure because our corrupt bought off fed gov refuses to put a cost to it. One would certainly expect a mass deportation to cost less than 5.2 TRILLION, wouldn't one? In fact, apparently in the last mass deportation only a small percentage were actually deported, most left of their own volition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2009, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Or we can enforce our laws. Nail the employers with huge fines/ jail time.Go after the facilitators and nail them as well. Go after the land lords and nail them with huge fines/jail time. When illegals are caught strip them of all their ill begotten assets to help pay for the costs. Make life for the illegal impossible and they will self deport. We have seen in states where they go after illegal the illegal leaves.
No sir we should never reward criminal behavior. It only inspires more of the same.
I can't rep. you yet, but, i can give you an IOU. You have the best (and most enonomical) solution yet ,and, it has the advantage of already being the law in most places. E-Verify should become federal law & enforced in every state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
 
Location: in area code 919 & from 716
928 posts, read 1,202,654 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
The Heritage Foundation did a study about the fiscal cost of amnesty for 10 million illegals and came up with 2.6 TRILLION dollars. For the more probable number of 20 plus million illegals, the cost was 5.2 TRILLION dollars. In light of these astronomical costs it's absurd to say that it's too expensive to build the type of wall that would really stop illegal immigration, or that it's too expensive to catch all of them, or that it's too expensive to build more detention facilities, etc., etc.

So just how much would it really cost to round up and deport 20 million illegals? Well, no one knows for sure because our corrupt bought off fed gov refuses to put a cost to it. One would certainly expect a mass deportation to cost less than 5.2 TRILLION, wouldn't one? In fact, apparently in the last mass deportation only a small percentage were actually deported, most left of their own volition.
I wonder how in depth they have gone.

Did they also consider all the money the illegals spend in this country in legal businesses? on housing rentals?
Those types of cash flow are part of a significant impact on our economy.

What is wrong with them being allowed to buy a labor card EVERY MONTH for a good solid fee?
Make it stiff so they won't want to work a job cutting an American wage down to nothing.

Also allow them to buy into their own ROTH IRA to support themselves as they age?
Also let them pay for their kids (who will buy monthly cards) to go to college and return to their home country to be a part of fixing their country to reverse the need to enter the USA to work.

I think it is time we make a silk purse out of the sows ear.

Count the price of those labor cards with a $5,000.00 per person fine for employing people how do NOT have a card, will reduce the need to deport masses and make it easier to locate the actual criminal. They will be the ones who 1) don't have a card or 2) have given their finger prints and photo to know who we are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2009, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
I wonder how in depth they have gone.

Did they also consider all the money the illegals spend in this country in legal businesses? on housing rentals?
Those types of cash flow are part of a significant impact on our economy.

What is wrong with them being allowed to buy a labor card EVERY MONTH for a good solid fee?
Make it stiff so they won't want to work a job cutting an American wage down to nothing.

Also allow them to buy into their own ROTH IRA to support themselves as they age?
Also let them pay for their kids (who will buy monthly cards) to go to college and return to their home country to be a part of fixing their country to reverse the need to enter the USA to work.

I think it is time we make a silk purse out of the sows ear.

Count the price of those labor cards with a $5,000.00 per person fine for employing people how do NOT have a card, will reduce the need to deport masses and make it easier to locate the actual criminal. They will be the ones who 1) don't have a card or 2) have given their finger prints and photo to know who we are looking for.
What you're proposing is thoughtful but what I call "defacto amnesty". In other words, allowing illegal aliens to stay and work in this country. Frankly, I doubt that illegals really spend a significant amount of money in this country and with 14 to an apartment don't pay as much rent as you would make it seem. The concept of letting illegals buy a labor card is interesting. But unless known illegals who don't buy the labor card are apprehended and deported posthaste, nobody will bother to buy a labor card. And their kids? I presume you aren't talking about anchors? So their illegal kids are going to grow up in the US, go to college ,and then go back to their countries? Hah. Their kids will not willingly go back to Mexico from what I've seen. The trap door beneath your proposal are the 300,000 plus anchor babies born each year. Change the 14th amendment to eliminate anchor babies and I might go for your idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top