Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:20 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Apparently, Wisconsin doesn’t have enough illegal aliens living there yet. However, with this proposal, I’m sure they will soon flock to this sanctuary. They are more than welcome to take the illegals who are now destroying Maryland.

Quote:
A proposal before the Dane County Board this week seeks to reassure the immigrant community that they can access county services without being deported.

The resolution seeks to protect a person’s immigration status as confidential and direct law enforcement officers not to disclose a person’s immigration status unless required by law.
WISCONSIN STATE JOURNAL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 09:33 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,160 times
3 letters will suffice my feeling for this... W T F.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
You would think they would know better. After all, they only need to look at their neighbor to the south (IL) to see just how wondrous having millions of illegals is.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:49 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,356 times
That proposal is in Madison. Madison is the "San Francisco" of Wisconsin....very liberal and trying very hard to be a sanctuary city for illegals.

I'm telling you, there really isn't any place left in the U.S. that the illegals haven't invaded. Believe me, they're here in Wisconsin. Not in the same numbers as say, California, Texas and Illinois, but they're here.

Sadly, as they invade city after city, they also erode the neighborhoods and put a huge burden on social services and on the taxpayers. Their tremendous need for handouts and freebies overwhelms cities and states (look at California). If Madison persists in rolling out the welcome mat for illegals, they'll pay for it in a big way.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:53 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
At one time: a 'liberal' was something honorable.

It is as if the common sense ideas of Liberal America of 50 years ago have now gone mainstream---------leaving the left wing loonies in the lurch. Their thunder has been 'stolen'.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:51 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
The "immigrant community"? HA!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:58 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
That proposal is in Madison. Madison is the "San Francisco" of Wisconsin....very liberal and trying very hard to be a sanctuary city for illegals.

I'm telling you, there really isn't any place left in the U.S. that the illegals haven't invaded. Believe me, they're here in Wisconsin. Not in the same numbers as say, California, Texas and Illinois, but they're here.

Sadly, as they invade city after city, they also erode the neighborhoods and put a huge burden on social services and on the taxpayers. Their tremendous need for handouts and freebies overwhelms cities and states (look at California). If Madison persists in rolling out the welcome mat for illegals, they'll pay for it in a big way.
I Couldn't Agree more!!!! Awesome Post!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 01:02 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post

Madison is a college town and the most liberal part of Wisconsin so I'm not surprised. No offense intended but the majority of Wisconsin is still trying to adjust to the premise of freed slaves. I don't think they will ever be allowed to invade WI in the numbers that they have Illinois.

That being said, Americans are running out of places to live in peace without the presence of illegals. Nobody can deny that it's time to hit the ground protesting in massive numbers.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-09-2009 at 01:18 PM..

Old 05-09-2009, 01:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Madison is a college town and the most liberal part of Wisconsin so I'm not surprised. No offense intended but the rest of Wisconsin is still trying to adjust to the premise of freed slaves.

ROFLMBO! I am so glad I wasn’t drinking anything.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:10 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
ROFLMBO! I am so glad I wasn’t drinking anything.
O/T I know this because I have a friend from Janesville who has a black son and her family was so relentless about that childs' mixed heritage that she literally hated them and left home for that reason. Additionally, at one time I researched the possibility of relocating there and decided that the klan would not befriend me.

I'm glad you weren't drinking anything either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration