U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-09-2009, 04:55 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Matt Chandler, a DHS spokesman, said the guidelines reflect a new “department-wide focus” to target employers by prosecuting them criminally. The guidelines require that field agents have either an arrest, indictment, search warrant — or at least a commitment from a U.S. Attorney’s Office to prosecute an employer — before arresting employees for civil violations at a work site, a DHS official confirmed on Thursday.
Chandler said that, under the guidelines, immigration agents will “continue to arrest and process for removal any illegal workers who are found in the course of these work site enforcement actions.”
The rules met with resentment from some business leaders nationally and in Houston.
“The Obama administration doesn’t want to see any more employees walked out in handcuffs, but they want to see employers walked out in handcuffs,” said Norman Adams, a Houston businessman who founded Texans for a Sensible Immigration Policy, an organization made up largely of members of commercial construction companies.



Feds must build case against employer before ICE raids | Immigration | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle


It sounds as if the "employers" of illegal aliens don't want to be outted for their crimes. I think it's a step in the right direction. However, I would like to see all of the laws currently on the books enforced. The abolition of slavery was long ago thus, the 14th Amendment should be abolished as well. Ending the anchor baby loophole abuse in addition to stiff enforcement of the current laws would pretty much force those here illegally to self deport, thus ending the travesty known as illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2009, 06:49 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It sounds as if the "employers" of illegal aliens don't want to be outted for their crimes. I think it's a step in the right direction. However, I would like to see all of the laws currently on the books enforced. The abolition of slavery was long ago thus, the 14th Amendment should be abolished as well. Ending the anchor baby loophole abuse in addition to stiff enforcement of the current laws would pretty much force those here illegally to self deport, thus ending the travesty known as illegal immigration.
I couldn’t agree more. They need to aggressively investigate, apprehend, convict, and jail illegal employers; and they need to immediately deport illegal workers. Attrition through enforcement will work wonders. Otherwise, it’s just a dog and pony show to make us think they are serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,351,963 times
Reputation: 453
I agree Benicar. Also note that the SIP are basically construction crews. If this does not tell you that greed has taken over our country then nothing will. This article basically said the only people against it are business. Imagine the jobs for our out of work brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, if the greedy business owners would hire Americans and pay them more than a pittance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
I agree Benicar. Also note that the SIP are basically construction crews. If this does not tell you that greed has taken over our country then nothing will. This article basically said the only people against it are business. Imagine the jobs for our out of work brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, if the greedy business owners would hire Americans and pay them more than a pittance.
ITA with both you and Benicar. E-verify is indeed the most effective tool in tracking illegal aliens and their employers. That is exactly why they scream at the mere mention of using it as a tool of enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,351,963 times
Reputation: 453
Agreed Jdub. They definately need to crack down on the employers. Unfortunately our congressmen/women are already ramping up their donation parties. They are more worried about re-election than protecting our American rights. I am a firm believer that if you want to run, you cannot accept donations from corporations or lobbyists. It should have to be a grass roots program. Only donations from private citizens. These donations shall not surpass say 1k per person. That way we can at least try to hedge the "I owe you one" in our senate and house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 07:00 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
I agree Benicar. Also note that the SIP are basically construction crews. If this does not tell you that greed has taken over our country then nothing will. This article basically said the only people against it are business. Imagine the jobs for our out of work brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, if the greedy business owners would hire Americans and pay them more than a pittance.
Absolutely! If the employers were legitimate, they would have no objection. Of course, we all know they will do anything to keep their ‘slave’ labor. They have no concern for U.S. citizens; their only concern is their profits. Greed will indeed destroy this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ITA with both you and Benicar. E-verify is indeed the most effective tool in tracking illegal aliens and their employers. That is exactly why they scream at the mere mention of using it as a tool of enforcement.
It’s like a cross to a vampire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 07:02 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
Agreed Jdub. They definately need to crack down on the employers. Unfortunately our congressmen/women are already ramping up their donation parties. They are more worried about re-election than protecting our American rights. I am a firm believer that if you want to run, you cannot accept donations from corporations or lobbyists. It should have to be a grass roots program. Only donations from private citizens. These donations shall not surpass say 1k per person. That way we can at least try to hedge the "I owe you one" in our senate and house.
Indeed. Because of the deliberate loopholes in the process, the government has essentially become an extension of special interests, lobbyists and other criminals associated with big business. They are buying this country and continue to make installments every election cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,351,963 times
Reputation: 453
I also think that they should have to stay in congress most of the year, rather than half of it as it stands now. And I think that they should not be allowed to start campaigning until the year of the elections. 11 months are plenty of time to campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 07:06 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
I also think that they should have to stay in congress most of the year, rather than half of it as it stands now. And I think that they should not be allowed to start campaigning until the year of the elections. 11 months are plenty of time to campaign.
Agreed. I heard yesterday that Obama already has a BILLION in his war chest for the 2012 campaign season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top