U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:46 AM

103 posts, read 121,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
What exactly are they victims of Swordfish?
Cold Shoulder for Latino Immigrants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 10:04 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
Cold Shoulder for Latino Immigrants?
Refer to my prior post for why the 'cold shoulder' is being directed towards the above.

Till the 'la raza' types grow a pair and stand up against illegal immigration/amnesty (most illegals are indeed from Mexico/Central America)--------prejudice will only increase against especially brown skinned Spanish speakers-------- whether they are legal or not.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:32 AM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
they werent illegal aliens! they were residents (i said they were residents) that procrastinated and didnt complete all the steps for citizenship. they were here legally.

marching prompted them to take the last step and become full US citizens.

i knew i should have included the link to the article, why would i think you would even go check out the LEGAL immigration forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Please quote where I have stated that I don't like mexico much . . . "huh". Posting stories that tell the truth about the illegal aliens who hail from there is not the same thing. Nor is it my fault that the majority of the illegal aliens destroying this country are mexican nationals. Please refrain from making ridiculous comments and assumptions and attributing them to me. Additionally, the illegal aliens that you are praising who allegedly took said "motto" to heart should have applied for permission to enter the US instead of invading it illegally. While waiting for said permission they should have stayed home and marched and voted on election day in their own country. Reading what you posted indicates that you really have no clue of how bizarre and twisted your praise and brand of logic is when it comes to illegal alien criminals.

That being said, you should visit the DREAMACT Portal. Obviously quite a few illegal aliens from various other countries don't think too much about mexican illegals either. Apparently, neither does this mexican:

Of course nothing is ever any of your fault or responsibility is it? I'm sure you'll figure out a way to blame me and anyone else who dares to see them for the burden and liability that they really are. The fact that mexican presidents past and present do everything they can to drive them out of mexico and continue to throw up mexican consulates all over the US to keep them from even having the slightest excuse for coming back speaks volumes in terms of their "value".

Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 AM

do you mean latino? or illegal?

the fact that someone is latino or has a spanish sounding last name does not mean they are illegal. lots of long time citizens would resent that. particularly those texans and new mexicans. and some californios too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
I am sad to say they've brought it on them selves. I find myself seeing nothing but an anchor when I see a Pregnant Latino pushing a stroller with a baby in it. I don't see a cute toddler or baby, I see a children who have better health care then my children and it makes me angry. When I see a bunch of latino kids exiting from school, I don't see kids, I see $14,000 for each kid of OUR TAX money being used to educate them even though they aren't supposed to be here. When I read a story about a 23 year old latino sounding name having sex with a child under 13, I can't help but try to figure out their immigration status. We've been invaded and I doubt very much I am the only one whose views of 90% of latinos has nosed dived and I think it is sad.

We have been invaded

Old 05-12-2009, 11:48 AM

well thats rational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And worse: most of us Americans today were not raised to be prejudiced

And: what you just described has sullied the reputation of any person who looks Mestizo-------------irrespective of actual race/ethnicity.

Thanks for nothing; pro illegal alien advocates and la raza. The Law of Unintended Consequences is kicking in.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:50 AM

and those actions should be condemned by all.

this reminds me of that silly thread started in the controversy forum. the thread about gay people co opting the rainbow. and how evil gay people were for doing that because now lil kids could not dispaly rainbows because they were being beat up.

instead of blaming the bigot and seeing them for what they are, we blame the gay people...

interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Refer to my prior post for why the 'cold shoulder' is being directed towards the above.

Till the 'la raza' types grow a pair and stand up against illegal immigration/amnesty (most illegals are indeed from Mexico/Central America)--------prejudice will only increase against especially brown skinned Spanish speakers-------- whether they are legal or not.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:55 AM

45 posts, read 53,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

this reminds me of that silly thread started in the controversy forum. the thread about gay people co opting the rainbow. and how evil gay people were for doing that because now lil kids could not dispaly rainbows because they were being beat up.

instead of blaming the bigot and seeing them for what they are, we blame the gay people...

interesting.
Exactly. That's what strongly applies to ArizonaBear's statements.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:57 AM

45 posts, read 53,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
I am sad to say they've brought it on them selves. I find myself seeing nothing but an anchor when I see a Pregnant Latino pushing a stroller with a baby in it. I don't see a cute toddler or baby, I see a children who have better health care then my children and it makes me angry. When I see a bunch of latino kids exiting from school, I don't see kids, I see $14,000 for each kid of OUR TAX money being used to educate them even though they aren't supposed to be here. When I read a story about a 23 year old latino sounding name having sex with a child under 13, I can't help but try to figure out their immigration status. We've been invaded and I doubt very much I am the only one whose views of 90% of latinos has nosed dived and I think it is sad.

We have been invaded
That's how prejudice and racism come about in a person. You should really try not to generalize like that, before you end up hating a people.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM

103 posts, read 121,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

interesting.
What's going to be next, blaming rape victims for the way they dress?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:02 PM

2,731 posts, read 5,936,312 times
I read the Article..BFD,some people are p*ssed because OUR law's are being..
Enforced.I didnt read about any acts of hatred,conflict,etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or