U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 04:05 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
Exactly. That's what strongly applies to ArizonaBear's statements.
I stand by what I stated.

And; comparing Gay people here in the USA legally to a bunch of insolent criminals from Mexico, etc. is a slap in the face to the former.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 05:15 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,780,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
do you mean latino? or illegal?

the fact that someone is latino or has a spanish sounding last name does not mean they are illegal. lots of long time citizens would resent that. particularly those texans and new mexicans. and some californios too.
I don't have a big dog in this fight, but, I might have a simple explanation on why most Americans tend to resent (and generally lump together) latino, illegal and spanish names. Pre-conditioning perhaps? "Pavlov's dog syndrome" over a period of just a few years? Doesn't make it right ,but, it does seem to fit the pattern here. People come up with a negative sterotype from prior generations, news papers, ect. ec.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:38 PM

5 posts, read 30,524 times
The US seems to have issues with illegal aliens having legal children, if you ask me if the parents are illegal then the children are too.

I say round them u p send them back and tell them if they want tolive in the USA they need to get visa and apply for citizenship.

with the state of the economy, and few jobs out there, sending them back may actually help the ecomomy.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,941,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I don't have a big dog in this fight, but, I might have a simple explanation on why most Americans tend to resent (and generally lump together) latino, illegal and spanish names. Pre-conditioning perhaps? "Pavlov's dog syndrome" over a period of just a few years? Doesn't make it right ,but, it does seem to fit the pattern here. People come up with a negative sterotype from prior generations, news papers, ect. ec.
Well it doesn't help when you see these protest marches demanding amnesty for illegals. Add to this the fact that the majority of illegals are in fact hispanic.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:07 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,611,501 times
US employers and the government suporting them do want illegal immigration.
the citizen smart enough to realize that our labor force has been utterly broken to pieces know this.
the only part that puzzles me, americans hate unions.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:18 PM

32,957 posts, read 30,215,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the citizen smart enough to realize that our labor force has been utterly broken to pieces know this.
In today's world we wouldn't need unions if there was no illegal immigration.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
No what we hate is greedy and inflexible Unions. There is a difference.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 PM

32,957 posts, read 30,215,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No what we hate is greedy and inflexible Unions. There is a difference.
Very good point.

Right now everything tied to a 'greedy union' is tanking. That includes CAs budget.

Two wrongs make it worse, social services being siphoned by Ilegal Aliens and pay and benefits granted to State Union employees. Double jeopardy.

Next week after 1a-1f tanks we'll begin some reform.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:39 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,098,000 times
oh man, the teachers union for LAUSD is a mess. they protect the worst teachers...

big problems with LAUSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Very good point.

Right now everything tied to a 'greedy union' is tanking. That includes CAs budget.

Two wrongs make it worse, social services being siphoned by Ilegal Aliens and pay and benefits granted to State Union employees. Double jeopardy.

Next week after 1a-1f tanks we'll begin some reform.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
oh man, the teachers union for LAUSD is a mess. they protect the worst teachers...

big problems with LAUSD
Man that is everywhere and we wonder why our public schools are less than succesful. Here in PA the teachers Unions have a death grip on the school districts. Don't even talk about any form of job accountability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or