U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 06:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,665,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elansingghost View Post
This is interesting to me, The "National Council for la Raza" is racist towards Black people? Do you have links to any racist articles or actions by NCLR?
I'm not trying to start a fight; I just want to read the articles and find out what NCLR has to say.
Point taken.

Anymore; whenever I use 'la raza' in lowercase letters, I am referring to those (usually) Mestizo/Indian 'Hispanic' reconquista types-------MEChA is an example.

NCLR and LULAC are/were more mainstream Latino advocacy groups along the lines of the NAACP (Blacks).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 11:12 PM

45 posts, read 53,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the irony is that la raza would kiss the hand of White Hispanics due to historical reasons yet seem to reserve their worst racism against Blacks.
Ow my head!

Old 05-17-2009, 12:27 AM

5,409 posts, read 11,085,714 times
tell me about it.

homeboy thinks he knows everything about latinos.

i live in a world of black and brown. we get along. unless it invloves gangs. then black and brown might not get along.

this purported idealization of whiteness is an old tired stereotype.

i have plenty of family that hace inter married with no word from anyone. for years and years and years.

and by intermarry i mean black and brown. here i am after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
Ow my head!

Old 05-17-2009, 10:34 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
As a Latina, I believe that there is a "silent minority" within the Hispanic population that is against illegal immigration. The ones who are most vocal are the ones that are pretty much culturally American, have married out, live in upper class areas, etc. Among some I see who I know are against illegal immigration, there is a bit of "willful blindness" going on. I think they want to ride the indifference train as long as they can, or at least they want to outwardly appear that way. I think they also do not want to seem like people who hate themselves. So they'd either not talk about it or just stew silently. I also think that some Hispanic people would feel like they would not be welcomed at certain functions that concern illegal immigration. I remember an anecdote of a guy who's third generation Mexican who showed up for a town hall meeting concerning the illegal immigration situation in his town. He left after he was told he was not welcome there.
I know FOR A FACT that if I made it known that I am against illegal immigration, it would create an uneasy tension with some of my Mexican-Am co-workers. Because to them, it is seen as self-hate. So it's stand by people who look like you (or somewhat kinda like you or speak spanish like you or have Latin last names like you) , or stand by your country. To many Hispanic people, sadly, you cannot have both. Among others, protesting in favor of illegal immigration has become somewhat trendy. I could make it analogous to how it became trendy to protest the Vietnam war in the Sixties. Due to their bigger numbers, Mexicans have a HUGE say in what is presented to the American populace. What THEY want is many times presented like what ALL Latinos want.
If Hispanics choose to align themselves with foreign invaders to avoid being considered self-loathing, then they deserve whatever treatment they receive.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If Hispanics choose to align themselves with foreign invaders to avoid being considered self-loathing, then they deserve whatever treatment they receive.
Very harsh but you are correct.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:43 PM

45 posts, read 53,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
tell me about it.

homeboy thinks he knows everything about latinos.

i live in a world of black and brown. we get along. unless it invloves gangs. then black and brown might not get along.

this purported idealization of whiteness is an old tired stereotype.

i have plenty of family that hace inter married with no word from anyone. for years and years and years.

and by intermarry i mean black and brown. here i am after all.

Sadly, I don't think he knows very much. The worst part is, others who don't know much might believe him as an authority on the subject. That's how stereotypes are spread.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
Sadly, I don't think he knows very much. The worst part is, others who don't know much might believe him as an authority on the subject. That's how stereotypes are spread.
Funny; several other anti posters have stated essentially the same things---------and, the pro illegal apologists dare not speak up

Old 05-17-2009, 04:51 PM

32,868 posts, read 30,138,774 times
Quote:
Funny; several other anti posters have stated essentially the same things---------and, the pro illegal apologists dare not speak up
I'm Apache, would it help if I said it? For the most part Bear is correct, some I can't dispute cause I don't know.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm Apache, would it help if I said it? For the most part Bear is correct, some I can't dispute cause I don't know.
To hear la raza say it: the Apache, Navajo, Cherokee, etc. all 'need' to return to Europe since we all know the 'true' race in North America are the Mestizo descendants of the raped Aztec women.

Note the above post was dripping with sarcasm

Old 05-17-2009, 05:15 PM

32,868 posts, read 30,138,774 times
Quote:
To hear la raza say it: the Apache, Navajo, Cherokee, etc. all 'need' to return to Europe since we all know the 'true' race in North America are the Mestizo descendants of the raped Aztec women.

Note the above post was dripping with sarcasm
ha ha ha sarcasm noted. I don't like cold anywho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or