Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,112,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

It is self-debunking. The one statement I referenced says that the resolution, even if adopted, does not change the status quo.

Yes, PEOPLE do receive services, Many reasons for this: some philosophical (humanitarian), some practical (for example: do you want someone with the swine flu virus to stay away from the free clinic, just because they don't have a visa? Ask a health care type if you are unsure.)

But, couple of things:

If you understand cause and effect, you cannot blame illegals for problems related to either the decline of the Middle Class or the decline in public services.

One can be traced to our dropping of tariffs (1973) pursuant to the Tokyo Round of GATT. That is regarding Real Wages, the indicator of Middle Class well-being. Since 1973, they have had a steady downward slope.

As for public services, and the decline thereof, blame Reganomics, a 1980's pathology which said, "Government is the problem", and therefore proceeded to dry-up funding for same.
Very few, if any, illegals voted for Ronnie.

Bigotry is interesting to watch, as a process. This would seem to be a textbook example:

First find an enemy (for tax reasons) to blame. Then have one of your pimps (in this case, The Wisc State Journal), run an article insinuating the enemy (Dane Co, in this case) is "an illegal lover" (and for you Historians, note how well the former social pariahs fit into that phraseology). Then have someone online post said article to get the rabble going.

Only problem with this foolproof plan is the facts.... those pesky facts.

Like the ones I've just listed.
Link please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,744,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It is not my intention to hijack a thread to appease yours or anyone else's curiosity.

TOPIC: ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
Typical, you make wild generalizations and when you are called on your B.S, you become all defensive and agitated. What did accusing wisconsin of being a racist state have to do with illegal immigration in the first place?

Old 05-10-2009, 04:17 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,522,354 times
Quote:
That being said, Americans are running out of places to live in peace without the presence of illegals. :
Come on up to rural NH. We have hardly any diversity and many barely navigable dirt roads. I like it here, and I moved here to escape the I-35 NAFTA corridor.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:18 PM

My opinion of Wisconsin has now turned quite negative.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:06 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,402,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Come on up to rural NH. We have hardly any diversity and many barely navigable dirt roads. I like it here, and I moved here to escape the I-35 NAFTA corridor.

I'll certainly keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up Rep points coming your way.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Yac

6,050 posts, read 7,722,622 times
Just a quick note: asking someone to prove their claims is hardly off topic. Not more than a "group hug" anyway.
Key to any sort of understanding is to stop using double standards. You ask for proof, be ready to provide proof to back your statements up.
Yac.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I'll certainly keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up Rep points coming your way.
NH is a good place for retirees as well as entreprenuers. I like Meredith, Moultonborough, and Wolfeboro on Lake Winnipesaukee. Real estate prices are now affordable further away from the lake, and you have low property taxes (2K or less) on a smaller property. NH has no income tax or sales tax as well.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:15 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,552,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Just a quick note: asking someone to prove their claims is hardly off topic. Not more than a "group hug" anyway.
Key to any sort of understanding is to stop using double standards. You ask for proof, be ready to provide proof to back your statements up.
Yac.
The “group hug” was my attempt to applaud the civil resolution to a discussion that could have become quite ugly. I didn’t realize inserting an emoticon was considered being off topic, or a violation of TOS. I will be mindful of that in the future.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Yac

6,050 posts, read 7,722,622 times
Relax, I just wanted to show the double standards some people have, I have nothing against the group hug
Yac.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:48 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Yac.
I agree 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration