Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 05:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,507,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

Illegals get blamed for everything.

If any of you folks ever checked, you'd find the "destruction of America" (i.e., the decline in the Middle Class as defined by the fall in real wages) was happening a decade before our current 'illegal" problem.

And, fyi, does anyone understand the general dynamic of the industry trade publication which calls (or miscalls) itself the "Wisconsin State Journal"??
No, illegals don’t get blamed for everything. However, they are a factor in our current economic crisis, and to state otherwise is disingenuous. If we weren’t burdened with millions of additional people attending our overcrowded and underfunded schools; bankrupting our hospitals from billions of dollars in unpaid medical bills; receiving prenatal/postnatal, WIC, welfare for their massive pregnancies and U.S.-born children -- to name a few; we would probably still experience problems, but not of the magnitude we currently have.

Furthermore, illegal aliens didn’t just suddenly appear in this country, many have been here for years. Our current economic status is the result of a cumulative process fueled by corruption and greed.

I don’t care what the Wisconsin State Journal may, or may not be. Unless you have information to refute this article, your opinion of the source is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 06:04 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,377,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, illegals don’t get blamed for everything. However, they are a factor in our current economic crisis, and to state otherwise is disingenuous. If we weren’t burdened with millions of additional people attending our overcrowded and underfunded schools; bankrupting our hospitals from billions of dollars in unpaid medical bills; receiving prenatal/postnatal, WIC, welfare for their massive pregnancies and U.S.-born children -- to name a few; we would probably still experience problems, but not of the magnitude we currently have.

Furthermore, illegal aliens didn’t just suddenly appear in this country, many have been here for years. Our current economic status is the result of a cumulative process fueled by corruption and greed.

I don’t care what the Wisconsin State Journal may, or may not be. Unless you have information to refute this article, your opinion of the source is irrelevant.
Once again, you nailed it

Old 05-09-2009, 06:13 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,975,398 times
"But the resolution won’t likely change practices in the county jail or family court that stirred deportation fears in the first place." (From the article)

Reading is fundamental.

Two points:

1. The Wisc State Journal is a trade publication of the WMC- Wisconsin Manufactures And Commerce; the major business lobby in the state.

WMC's members (like Tyson, Inc. and its Jefferson Wi operation) have repeatedly been under investigation for going down to Mexico and promising potential "illegals" they could have jobs (displacing Americans holding those jobs at present) if they can make it to Wisconsin.

WMC is just poed at Dane County (Madison, ya know) because it is one of the chief bases of the Dem party in the state, and said party is in the process of closing the infamous "Las Vegas loophole", a Tommy Thompson era scam which allowed local corps to claim a mailbox in Vegas as their HQ, and thus skate out of the state taxes they owed.

See, Dane does nothing different than does Brown, Rock, or any other Wisc county, but WMC just want to stir people up against Dane so as to try to do a little damage.

Anyone familiar with the Wisc State Journal's m.o. would know this.

2. Our illegal problem began with NAFTA, which as predicted (See 1995's "The Myth of Free Trade" by Dr. Ravi Batra of SMU) destroyed their economy before it destroyed ours (scale of measure, ya know).

Any other questions I can answer for you?

Old 05-09-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
"But the resolution won’t likely change practices in the county jail or family court that stirred deportation fears in the first place." (From the article)

Reading is fundamental.

Two points:

1. The Wisc State Journal is a trade publication of the WMC- Wisconsin Manufactures And Commerce; the major business lobby in the state.

WMC's members (like Tyson, Inc. and its Jefferson Wi operation) have repeatedly been under investigation for going down to Mexico and promising potential "illegals" they could have jobs (displacing Americans holding those jobs at present) if they can make it to Wisconsin.

WMC is just poed at Dane County (Madison, ya know) because it is one of the chief bases of the Dem party in the state, and said party is in the process of closing the infamous "Las Vegas loophole", a Tommy Thompson era scam which allowed local corps to claim a mailbox in Vegas as their HQ, and thus skate out of the state taxes they owed.

See, Dane does nothing different than does Brown, Rock, or any other Wisc county, but WMC just want to stir people up against Dane so as to try to do a little damage.

Anyone familiar with the Wisc State Journal's m.o. would know this.

2. Our illegal problem began with NAFTA, which as predicted (See 1995's "The Myth of Free Trade" by Dr. Ravi Batra of SMU) destroyed their economy before it destroyed ours (scale of measure, ya know).

Any other questions I can answer for you?
Yes, reading is fundamental; but comprehension is paramount. I’m still waiting for the information that debunks this article. Are illegal aliens receiving these services, or are they not?

I heard a noise in the background. Did you say you had a question?

Old 05-09-2009, 06:52 PM

50,081 posts, read 46,663,334 times
The Illegal problem has been going on for over 50 years but has peaked in the last 15.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:06 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,989,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
As I stated in my prior post I RESEARCHED WISCONSIN extensively and thus am not taking the word of one lone life-long Wisconsin native and non-biased caucasian friend. America has indeed come a very long way in terms of race relations, unfortunately, some places are still lagging far behind in this regard.

As a black person, I think I am in a far better position to judge the issue than you ever will be.
I don't know where you did your research, or how one would even do valid resesarch on something like this, butI LIVE in Wisconsin, so I respectfully disagree with you that you are in a better position to judge the racial landscape here than I am.

Having lived in San Diego, one of the most racially diverse and racially tolerant states in the Union, gives me something to compare Wisconsin to. And I have to say, I see no less racial tolerance here in Wisconsin than I saw in San Diego.

Jdubsmom...I think you need to live here to really get a feel for how things are. I have some wonderful Black neighbors who happen to love it here (I know, because when I moved here and started to get to know them, they really sang Wisconsin's praises and told me how great it is here).

Wisconsin isn't perfect (geez...what state is?). But please don't believe whatever "research" you saw that painted people in this state as racially intolerant. And even worse, please don't falsely state that the KKK has a strong presence here, because there is no truth to that.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:09 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,377,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I don't know where you did your research, or how one would even do valid resesarch on something like this, but I LIVE in Wisconsin, so I respectfully disagree with you that you are in a better position to judge the racial landscape here than I am.

Having lived in San Diego, one of the most racially diverse and racially tolerant states in the Union, gives me something to compare Wisconsin to. And I have to say, I see no less racial tolerance here in Wisconsin than I saw in San Diego.

Jdubsmom...I think you need to live here to really get a feel for how things are. I have some wonderful Black neighbors who happen to love it here (I know, because when I moved here and started to get to know them, they really sang Wisconsin's praises and told me how great it is here).

Wisconsin isn't perfect (geez...what state is?). But please don't believe whatever "research" you saw that painted people in this state as KKK zealots. Believe me, I have seen absolutely no evidence of that.
I will take your word for it. I have already decided to relocate to Maryland in the very near future. Thanks for your personal input though.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:12 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,989,936 times
Quote:
I will take your word for it. I have already decided to relocate to Maryland in the very near future. Thanks for your personal input though.
I've visited Maryland. It's a gorgeous state. I think you'll like it there.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Hip hip hooray!

We can always use another warrior in Maryland.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM

50,081 posts, read 46,663,334 times
Quote:
Let me know how the fishin is I could use a good place to retire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration