U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:10 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are U.S. workers now being punished for investigating fraud committed by illegal aliens? Why is it “doing a job” when U.S. citizens are investigated for workers’ comp fraud, but it’s out of the purview of the agency to investigate the same crime when committed by illegal aliens? This is as rancid as the Supreme Court ruling sanctioning identity theft by illegals.

The Columbus Dispatch : ID-theft probe led to demotion, state worker says
When did the SC ever sanction the theft of identity by anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 01:45 PM

Heres the bottom line...

Jones' office worked with the Bureau of Workers' Compensation from March through June of last year on a pilot program to catch workers who put false Social Security numbers on workers' compensation claims.

Jones worked with Featherling. there was no "pilot program" and Fetherling was Jones' contact at BWC. Featherling was a "lone wolf". He was out on his own without BWC's permission to start or work on this bogus "pilot program". Featherling knew the BWC accepted undocumented workers WC claims, and he knew Jones would use the information supplied by him of UAs using fraudulent SS cards would allow him(Jones) to arrest and deport UAs as Identity thiefs.

BWC Lawyers will show that Featherling had no authority to pass SSN information to Jones and that his demotion was justified.

In fact if Sheriff Jones used the more serious charge Identity theft to simply more easily deport UAs; The Supreme Court ruled recently that if Law Enforcement uses the more serious charge of Identity theft insted of SS card fraud, the LE must prove the more serious charge of I.T. in order to deport undocumented aliens.

Moreover, Sheriff Jones may have violated rules (MOA) if he is certified 287(g) by ICE officails and could be penalized By ICE.

Last edited by 1751texan; 04-07-2010 at 01:54 PM..

Old 04-07-2010, 03:16 PM

3 posts, read 4,383 times
There may have been a misunderstanding for those who think I am trying to take the law into my own hands.
I truly do not intend to do that; for it is hard enough for me to try to get a job at what I do best.
The only thing I can attempt to point is: some of those who are fortunate enough to have a job, are not doing their job correctly.
As I’ve tried to mention mistakes with law enforcement agencies, there are other instances with government officials doing the same things.
Immigration reforms allow an undocumented person and or persons to have more legal rights than American citizens.
I am deeply confused on how undocumented is not the same as illegal.
Undocumented means the same as illegal.
Here are a few things of pick and choose:
An unlicensed driver is just an undocumented driver and he should not be punished. The same goes with an uninsured American driver.
A drug dealer is no more than an unlicensed pharmacist, and he should not be punished.
A robber is only looking after himself and his family, and should not be punished.
A rapist is only guilty of non-consented intercourse, and should not be punished.
A murderer is no more than a person who’s practiced in euthanasia, and should not be punished.
For those who don’t believe that these examples are relevant, law enforcement agencies will seek and punish for the simple fact of being illegal.
There are several ways to try to explain the point of illegal or legal; pick and choose which one you will support.
I do not support picking and choosing laws, for the laws are the laws.
Recently, an event unfolded that shows the law enforcement agencies not doing their job. When Jesse Jackson and thousands of immigrants protested on the White House, the law enforcement agency should have had the common sense as I did when I realized there were illegal immigrants there, on TV, and nobody did anything about the situation.
Why should Americans put their selves in a position to question the law?
Why should a taxpaying American question the law?
For those taxpaying Americans who are fortunate enough to have a job, they should still care because the illegal immigrants in America will cost EVERYONE.
For two years now, the only thing our government has been focused on has been health care reform.
They do not care about jobs to pay for this health care reform; they encourage illegal aliens/undocumented people to come over and take jobs for cheaper wages than most Americans can afford to do.
For those fortunate people who have jobs, who have property, and who pays their taxes; here is another sad but true note:
Not only will you be supporting the undocumented or illegal workers, but you will soon support all the unemployed taxpaying American workers who cannot find work because of the cost of undocumented illegal person or persons.
True, as a skilled carpenter I could make $25 to $35.00 an hour, when I’m working.
The added amount that I have in property taxes, income taxes, state, and Federal taxes, automobile taxes, mortgage, and insurance I have to have for my car and my house probably average out to a pay of $10 to $15 an hour.
To those who support the undocumented or illegal workers, are they paying as much taxes as I would if I could work?
Undocumented or Illegal workers can earn the same amount, but pay none of those taxes.
So, in advance to those working taxpayers who support the undocumented or illegal workers, thank you; for the working, taxpaying Americans who do not support the undocumented or illegal workers, I am truly sorry and I wish I could be one of you.
With the way things are going I will not have to worry about that much longer.
The working American tax payer will support me and my family, and thousands like me, and the only way I could see that happening would be big, big tax increase for the working American.
I can only answer for myself, my own experience, and watching others.
For those who support the concept of illegal immigrants, I think that they should be the only ones taxed, in my personal opinion.
For those states, and Federal government official’s, and people who support this kind of action continue on. There will be more honest people like myself begging just to survive.
Once a proud working American, broke down below an undocumented or illegal status.
Being that I am a construction worker, I have personally witnessed the downward spiral of others.
Some are fortunate to hang on, some have gone farther down and I have.
The ones who are holding on, I have nothing but respect for.
For the people that have lost more than I have, I have nothing but pride for them because they tried.
I myself had realized that what’s going on is not my fault.
Thank you for the support.

And God Bless America!
Authored by a Proud American
P.R. Carnell
And Edited by his daughter
D.A. Carnell

Old 04-07-2010, 03:32 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,141,899 times
Very good post. Thank you.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:47 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
When did the SC ever sanction the theft of identity by anyone?
Yes, I said sanction, because that’s precisely what it is. Due to the ridiculous ruling by the Supreme Court, illegal aliens are now able to commit ID theft with impunity simply by claiming they didn’t know the ID they were using belonged to an actual person. If I’m wrong, prove it.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:37 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Yes, I said sanction, because that’s precisely what it is. Due to the ridiculous ruling by the Supreme Court, illegal aliens are now able to commit ID theft with impunity simply by claiming they didn’t know the ID they were using belonged to an actual person. If I’m wrong, prove it.
I agree. What happened to "ignorance is no excuse"?

Old 04-07-2010, 04:41 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree. What happened to "ignorance is no excuse"?
Apparently, that only applies to citizens.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:43 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Apparently, that only applies to citizens.
Yes, apparently it doesn't apply to illegal aliens. There appears to be a whole different set of standards and laws for them.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:16 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,618 times
<<In response to Jayarcy
It is important for citizens to come together to solve crimes of all types. This is the United States of America! The country was founded on the idea of ‘for the people, by the people.’ If you think it should just be left to the cops, let me ask you this; have they actually been doing anything about this?
No. You can’t just sit in the back seat your entire life; eventually, you have to learn how to drive. Even if you choose to spend your life in the back seat, you shouldn’t put down people for standing up for what they believe in. That’s just wrong.
D.A. Carnell>>

In response to D.A. Carnell---
I agree with you. I'm sorry if I appeared to be critical of your post, but I was being a bit sarcastic. I meant it appears that some people think they have the right to pick and choose which laws to follow, or to enforce. To me, the illegal alien situation is black and white---If a person is here illegally, they're breaking the law. There is no gray area.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:46 PM

If the Law is black and white, there would no need for Judges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration