U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If the Law is black and white, there would no need for Judges.
Translation: You can’t refute my post.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 05:56 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Everyone has a right to beleive what they will. Im not here to instruct anyone on law and the constitution. If people believe that there are two sets of laws in this country, how can I refute their belief. If people believe that it is constitutonal, or practical, or logical to call ICE everytime someone has a common sense feeling that someone is an "illegal", what am I going to write to dissuade that person from their beliefs.

I write to point out facts not covered for those that message me, those that still have questions...not for those whose minds are already set.

Here is something for you that are still thinking about this case to think about. We know Featherling gathered the information on the workers to pass onto sheriff Jones, but how did Featherling choose the cases he passed onto Jones? Of all the cases Featherling was to investagate for Workmens compensation fraud, what was the critiria Featherling used for those special cases of Identity Fraud? Since Immigration status wasnt checked in that office, was the special files passed onto Jones for Verifcation of Immigration status.

Just because a person is a state worker and trying to do a good deed, doesnt give him the right to conduct unreasonable searches without probable cause.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
You are evading the issue. Allow me to refresh your memory.

You stated. . . .

Quote:
When did the SC ever sanction the theft of identity by anyone?
To which I replied. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, I said sanction, because that’s precisely what it is. Due to the ridiculous ruling by the Supreme Court, illegal aliens are now able to commit ID theft with impunity simply by claiming they didn’t know the ID they were using belonged to an actual person. If I’m wrong, prove it.
You then stated. . . .

Quote:
If the Law is black and white, there would no need for Judges.
To which I replied. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Translation: You can’t refute my post.
Quote:
Everyone has a right to beleive what they will. Im not here to instruct anyone on law and the constitution. If people believe that there are two sets of laws in this country, how can I refute their belief. If people believe that it is constitutonal, or practical, or logical to call ICE everytime someone has a common sense feeling that someone is an "illegal", what am I going to write to dissuade that person from their beliefs.

I write to point out facts not covered for those that message me, those that still have questions...not for those whose minds are already set.

Here is something for you that are still thinking about this case to think about. We know Featherling gathered the information on the workers to pass onto sheriff Jones, but how did Featherling choose the cases he passed onto Jones? Of all the cases Featherling was to investagate for Workmens compensation fraud, what was the critiria Featherling used for those special cases of Identity Fraud? Since Immigration status wasnt checked in that office, was the special files passed onto Jones for Verifcation of Immigration status.

Just because a person is a state worker and trying to do a good deed, doesnt give him the right to conduct unreasonable searches without probable cause.
I didn’t ask you to refute the beliefs of posters on this forum. I asked you to refute my comments pertaining to the Supreme Court ruling on illegal alien ID theft. My “beliefs” have no bearing on the legal rulings of the court.

If as you stated, your responses are for the benefit of those who DM you for answers, why not simply respond to them via a DM? It makes no sense to simply post comments which have no relevance to the thread discussion.

Again, I ask, did the Supreme Court rule that illegal aliens who "claim" they did not realize they were using the ID of a “real” person, will not be charged with ID theft, because one must “know” they have stolen an actual ID? Can you simply answer this question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration