Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Are U.S. workers now being punished for investigating fraud committed by illegal aliens? Why is it “doing a job” when U.S. citizens are investigated for workers’ comp fraud, but it’s out of the purview of the agency to investigate the same crime when committed by illegal aliens? This is as rancid as the Supreme Court ruling sanctioning identity theft by illegals.

Quote:
Managers of the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation stifled an investigation into possible identity theft by illegal immigrants and demoted an investigator who had been pursuing the issue, the investigator alleges in a discrimination case.

In June, the bureau teamed up with a county sheriff to investigate cases in which injured employees used phony Social Security numbers on their workers' compensation claims.

Months later, however, the bureau soured on the effort and demoted the investigator, Kenneth Featherling, who had been aggressively pursuing the alleged violations, Featherling says in a filing with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.

"I don't have jurisdiction to investigate illegal aliens," said Thomas J. Wersell, the bureau's director of fraud investigations. "It's beyond my authority."

Featherling said he identified a "huge" number of workers' compensation claims that had invalid Social Security numbers in 2007. He said he focused his investigation on Butler, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, working with the Butler County sheriff's office.
The Columbus Dispatch : ID-theft probe led to demotion, state worker says
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 12:30 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are U.S. workers now being punished for investigating fraud committed by illegal aliens? Why is it “doing a job” when U.S. citizens are investigated for workers’ comp fraud, but it’s out of the purview of the agency to investigate the same crime when committed by illegal aliens? This is as rancid as the Supreme Court ruling sanctioning identity theft by illegals.
The Columbus Dispatch : ID-theft probe led to demotion, state worker says
While this is ridiculous, I can't say I'm surprised. There are far too many in power in this country who diligently work at undermining America and its' rule of law. After all, the illegal aliens that they aid and abet aren't even capable of shedding their culturally embedded criminal behavior once they sneak across the border; they definitely are not rocket scientists. If they were courageous or intelligent enough to exact positive change they would still be at home doing so, wouldn't they?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-09-2009 at 12:39 PM..

Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,703 times
Something similar may be happening at UC Berkeley in Berkeley, CA.. Apparently a staff member at the UC reported to ICE that a member of the staff was an illegal alien AND now there are protesters up in arms basically calling for that staff member's head because it violates the city's "Sanctuary" law.. Woo hoo!! More special rights and priviledges for illegal aliens!

Old 05-09-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Something similar may be happening at UC Berkeley in Berkeley, CA.. Apparently a staff member at the UC reported to ICE that a member of the staff was an illegal alien AND now there are protesters up in arms basically calling for that staff member's head because it violates the city's "Sanctuary" law.. Woo hoo!! More special rights and priviledges for illegal aliens!
Disgusting! All of this BS is a prelude to total anarchy.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:32 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
We have become a country with two seperate and distinct legal systems. One for citizens/legal immigrants and one for the illegals. It is wrong, dishonest and well...completely unAmerican.

What I find troubling is that over and over again we hear "thats not my job" when it comes to reporting illegal aliens. The local police can't touch them, the jail and prison systems can't report them to ICE, federal workers are not allowed to report them --- I have to ask why? Why are illegal aliens a protected species? Why are they afforded more rights then american citizens? Why is this never brought up?

Old 05-09-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
We have become a country with two seperate and distinct legal systems. One for citizens/legal immigrants and one for the illegals. It is wrong, dishonest and well...completely unAmerican.

What I find troubling is that over and over again we hear "thats not my job" when it comes to reporting illegal aliens. The local police can't touch them, the jail and prison systems can't report them to ICE, federal workers are not allowed to report them --- I have to ask why? Why are illegal aliens a protected species? Why are they afforded more rights then american citizens? Why is this never brought up?
Excellent questions! I guess they are simply protecting their filthy profits and their ‘slave’ labor, by any means necessary. They have also managed to frighten the PC crowd into acquiescing to their demands by labeling all opposition as racists, xenophobes, nativists, and haters. There are far too many sheeple living in this country.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:30 PM

3 posts, read 5,244 times
Did anyone tried to do anything about the illegal aliens?
Yes just yesterday I did. I contacted ice, employment commission, local sheriff, highway patrol about this obvious problem.
I too, tried to get a job at McDonald’s.
I had worked in McDonald’s in the early eighties.
I had the highest performance review of all my coworkers.
I saved all documents to that affect.
Recently I went to McDonald’s to fill out an application; there was eight Mexicans or Hispanics getting help with their application. I approached a manager ready to fill out an application, the manager informed me that I had to go to the library and apply online (with the assumption that I did not even have computer access at home).
With my references from the eighties when I worked at McDonald’s before and several other ridden references from other jobs as well, I left feeling like a third class citizen.
I realize this does not guarantee me a job, but I feel they should’ve given it a serious look-over.
No such luck. Oh by the way, when I worked at McDonald’s before I was a salary maintenance.
The owner had about 26 stores, and I still had the highest performance review.
I applied at McDonald’s a total of three times recently; no response.
Two attempts online one attempt in person.
That’s not the first time I felt the illegal’s presents.
The last 25 years plus I have been a carpenter.
Times are tough all around. Now is not the time to make big profits by hiring cheap, and illegal labor.
There was a time five years ago when the house and development had strong demands for labor; we could not keep up, so the industry turned to importing labor. In the last three years, the market has slowed down to stop; there are a few projects being done.
I am an independent carpenter and that means I am not eligible for unemployment.
I have not been a burden on our system;
I have been very proud of that, but now I am.
To say that illegal aliens do not cost taxpayers.
I was a taxpayer a homeowner a consumer and I had good credit.
So I’m without a job taxpayers our support me and my family I’m not able to pay my mortgage to pay my insurance to purchase high price items pay my creditors and least of all pay my taxes and illegal aliens are not the problem.
To the comment of aliens are doing work that Americans want. In our present economy situation working Americans will work to keep what they have.
Now back to the question: Did anyone try to do something?
I went out Friday looking for work got into a subdivisions and finding illegal’s working. Through the week I’m thinking and thinking “What can I do? Why are they still here? The industry doesn’t need this and America as a whole does not need this.”
There are plenty skilled taxpaying carpenters, English speaking Americans that are available to do these projects. So I decided to call and see what can be done. I start by contacting ice. The individual I spoke too informed me that without full knowledge, eye witness, or documentation that it would be less likely to be looked at very seriously.
I informed him that I have been in this area and industry for quite a while and that they were indeed illegal through my experience and common sense. He left me with the feeling that if I did not have solid proof there was nothing to be done. Once again I reminded him of common sense and a couple of telltale signs.
So he gave me a number to the employment commission.
Why? I do not know.
The person I spoke to at the employment commission after I explain the same thing I already explain to ice.
He informed me that he had no jurisdiction and that I should call ice. I attempted to explain that I have already spoken to ice.
It left me with the feeling of “Sorry about your situation, but I’ve got a job.”
I pondered on it for hours and decided to go with local assistance.
So I call my local sheriff department and inquired about what can be done. In that conversation I told him one of the common sense things about illegal aliens. It is very simple.
When you have eight guys working on a site and one vehicle and it is a two-seater it is for sure that they are illegal. The state law requires all passengers will have seat belts. They are not taxpaying consumers who purchase vehicles. They are not consumers who purchase auto insurance. They’re not consumers to purchase tax title and license fees.
They’re not even interested in learning English for their own benefit.
A question for American consumers:
When purchasing a major investment like a house, while walking up to inspect your investment would you like to speak to somebody, or leave it to chance or even learn a another language?
The truth about builders and contractors using illegal labor is:
90% of homeowners do not know what goes in a house to be built.
Unfortunately for the consumer, the builder or contractor is rarely there.
So the consumer cannot question the workers regardless how simple the question may be.
The builders and contractors count on that and are in a hurry to get your hard earned money.
To hire qualified American taxpayers would cut in to their profits.
In order to maintain a high profit, it is quicker and cheaper to hire twelve illegal aliens than it would be to hire five qualified English speaking, taxpaying Americans
With the consumer unaware of what needs to be done, they cannot question the work from the workers.
I’ve done hundreds of projects throughout the years and I’ve only met a handful of savvy homeowners.
I have always been a proud, independent, taxpaying American worker who earned my own way.
Now back to the local sheriff department.
Apparently the officer thought I was making a complaint about the seat belts so he gives me the number two the highway patrol. Not knowing that it was the highway patrol I call it. The person on the other end was confused to say the least; sympathetic, but confused. For that is definitely not the highway patrol’s department.
Once again left with the feeling of “Sorry about your situation, but I’ve got a job.”
All in all, the questions to ask yourself are, ‘does it cost tax dollars, does it cost taxpayers’ jobs, or quite frankly is it illegal?’
A comment was made that illegal workers do the job better than Americans.
So the fortunate people who have a job should do their jobs right, such as law enforcement agencies.
Take the extra steps to do your job using common sense even from others, using probable cause, using that ‘can do’ attitude to do the job at hand at which you’re being paid to do.
Remember, there may be a day when an illegal will have your job.
Not funny, I know. Sad but true; five years ago, as a highly skilled carpenter, I thought my job was safe.
The question is not ‘Aren’t we all immigrants?’
Isn’t the law still the law?

Altered by a proud American
P. R. Carnell and edited by his daughter,
D. A. Carnell

Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.Carnell View Post
Did anyone tried to do anything about the illegal aliens?
Yes just yesterday I did. I contacted ice, employment commission, local sheriff, highway patrol about this obvious problem.
I too, tried to get a job at McDonald’s.
I had worked in McDonald’s in the early eighties.
I had the highest performance review of all my coworkers.
I saved all documents to that affect.
Recently I went to McDonald’s to fill out an application; there was eight Mexicans or Hispanics getting help with their application. I approached a manager ready to fill out an application, the manager informed me that I had to go to the library and apply online (with the assumption that I did not even have computer access at home).
With my references from the eighties when I worked at McDonald’s before and several other ridden references from other jobs as well, I left feeling like a third class citizen.
I realize this does not guarantee me a job, but I feel they should’ve given it a serious look-over.
No such luck. Oh by the way, when I worked at McDonald’s before I was a salary maintenance.
The owner had about 26 stores, and I still had the highest performance review.
I applied at McDonald’s a total of three times recently; no response.
Two attempts online one attempt in person.
That’s not the first time I felt the illegal’s presents.
The last 25 years plus I have been a carpenter.
Times are tough all around. Now is not the time to make big profits by hiring cheap, and illegal labor.
There was a time five years ago when the house and development had strong demands for labor; we could not keep up, so the industry turned to importing labor. In the last three years, the market has slowed down to stop; there are a few projects being done.
I am an independent carpenter and that means I am not eligible for unemployment.
I have not been a burden on our system;
I have been very proud of that, but now I am.
To say that illegal aliens do not cost taxpayers.
I was a taxpayer a homeowner a consumer and I had good credit.
So I’m without a job taxpayers our support me and my family I’m not able to pay my mortgage to pay my insurance to purchase high price items pay my creditors and least of all pay my taxes and illegal aliens are not the problem.
To the comment of aliens are doing work that Americans want. In our present economy situation working Americans will work to keep what they have.
Now back to the question: Did anyone try to do something?
I went out Friday looking for work got into a subdivisions and finding illegal’s working. Through the week I’m thinking and thinking “What can I do? Why are they still here? The industry doesn’t need this and America as a whole does not need this.”
There are plenty skilled taxpaying carpenters, English speaking Americans that are available to do these projects. So I decided to call and see what can be done. I start by contacting ice. The individual I spoke too informed me that without full knowledge, eye witness, or documentation that it would be less likely to be looked at very seriously.
I informed him that I have been in this area and industry for quite a while and that they were indeed illegal through my experience and common sense. He left me with the feeling that if I did not have solid proof there was nothing to be done. Once again I reminded him of common sense and a couple of telltale signs.
So he gave me a number to the employment commission.
Why? I do not know.
The person I spoke to at the employment commission after I explain the same thing I already explain to ice.
He informed me that he had no jurisdiction and that I should call ice. I attempted to explain that I have already spoken to ice.
It left me with the feeling of “Sorry about your situation, but I’ve got a job.”
I pondered on it for hours and decided to go with local assistance.
So I call my local sheriff department and inquired about what can be done. In that conversation I told him one of the common sense things about illegal aliens. It is very simple.
When you have eight guys working on a site and one vehicle and it is a two-seater it is for sure that they are illegal. The state law requires all passengers will have seat belts. They are not taxpaying consumers who purchase vehicles. They are not consumers who purchase auto insurance. They’re not consumers to purchase tax title and license fees.
They’re not even interested in learning English for their own benefit.
A question for American consumers:
When purchasing a major investment like a house, while walking up to inspect your investment would you like to speak to somebody, or leave it to chance or even learn a another language?
The truth about builders and contractors using illegal labor is:
90% of homeowners do not know what goes in a house to be built.
Unfortunately for the consumer, the builder or contractor is rarely there.
So the consumer cannot question the workers regardless how simple the question may be.
The builders and contractors count on that and are in a hurry to get your hard earned money.
To hire qualified American taxpayers would cut in to their profits.
In order to maintain a high profit, it is quicker and cheaper to hire twelve illegal aliens than it would be to hire five qualified English speaking, taxpaying Americans
With the consumer unaware of what needs to be done, they cannot question the work from the workers.
I’ve done hundreds of projects throughout the years and I’ve only met a handful of savvy homeowners.
I have always been a proud, independent, taxpaying American worker who earned my own way.
Now back to the local sheriff department.
Apparently the officer thought I was making a complaint about the seat belts so he gives me the number two the highway patrol. Not knowing that it was the highway patrol I call it. The person on the other end was confused to say the least; sympathetic, but confused. For that is definitely not the highway patrol’s department.
Once again left with the feeling of “Sorry about your situation, but I’ve got a job.”
All in all, the questions to ask yourself are, ‘does it cost tax dollars, does it cost taxpayers’ jobs, or quite frankly is it illegal?’
A comment was made that illegal workers do the job better than Americans.
So the fortunate people who have a job should do their jobs right, such as law enforcement agencies.
Take the extra steps to do your job using common sense even from others, using probable cause, using that ‘can do’ attitude to do the job at hand at which you’re being paid to do.
Remember, there may be a day when an illegal will have your job.
Not funny, I know. Sad but true; five years ago, as a highly skilled carpenter, I thought my job was safe.
The question is not ‘Aren’t we all immigrants?’
Isn’t the law still the law?

Altered by a proud American
P. R. Carnell and edited by his daughter,
D. A. Carnell
Thank you for sharing. If it’s any consolation, you are not alone. Your story is echoed throughout this country. Know that many citizens are fighting illegal immigration, and will continue until our government enforces our laws, and illegal immigration is halted. Hang in there.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
I'm surprised anyone thinks it's their job to investigate other crimes committed by illegal aliens, like murder, rape, robbery, drunk driving, etc. I guess it's a case of pick and choose which crimes you want to investigate.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 5,244 times
In response to Jayarcy
It is important for citizens to come together to solve crimes of all types. This is the United States of America! The country was founded on the idea of ‘for the people, by the people.’ If you think it should just be left to the cops, let me ask you this; have they actually been doing anything about this?
No. You can’t just sit in the back seat your entire life; eventually, you have to learn how to drive. Even if you choose to spend your life in the back seat, you shouldn’t put down people for standing up for what they believe in. That’s just wrong.
D.A. Carnell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration