U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2009, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,585,280 times
Reputation: 267

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Anti-Immigrant Posters? Where? I haven't seen any "Anti-Immigrant" Posters on these boards, just people that respect the law and wish for it to be enforced..
Don't bother trying to reason with people like him/her who refuse to distinguish the differences between pro-law & anti-illegal from anti-immigrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2009, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Texas
470 posts, read 509,238 times
Reputation: 135
I do actually argue that our immigration SYSTEM is flawed, but I'm for immigration. There is a point to be made tho that he KKK does take away a lot from our cause. Just the same as the crazies holding the "Obama is a Muslim/socialist" signs at the tea parties. The media will focus, if they focus on illegal aliens at all, on groups like the KKK. Its just how the media works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 AM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
8,912 posts, read 9,037,869 times
Reputation: 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Anti-Immigrant Posters? Where? I haven't seen any "Anti-Immigrant" Posters on these boards, just people that respect the law and wish for it to be enforced..
I'm an "Anti-Immigrant Poster". Hello; nice to met you.

Regarding the KKK, I am not interested in their opinions, nor am I interested in any other bunch of goofy looking assclowns either. And, this is just another red herring thread. Next...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 03:43 AM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
8,912 posts, read 9,037,869 times
Reputation: 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Don't bother trying to reason with people like him/her who refuse to distinguish the differences between pro-law & anti-illegal from anti-immigrant.
Is it really wrong to want a moratorium on immigration? How many legal immigrants is too many? We accept more people than all other nations on this planet combined. Isn't it enough already? We're not a frontier nation any longer, and given the contempt and hatred a great number of legal immigrants have for our culture, I'd say it's time for a break. The plaque on the base of the Statue of Liberty needs to be changed to:

Give us nobody
Many Americans are tired and poor due to devaluation of U.S. labor
And besides overpopulation is ecologically unsound
Try back next decade
Or Century
Give us a break already
Try Canada instead or something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,941,176 times
Reputation: 6517
The KKK is an extremist group. Not much to like about such as they, in fact nothing...
That said as American citizens and unlike illegals,they are entitled to free speech regardless of how tacky, how hateful and how wrong headed it may be. We have a president who had no problem attending a church led by a hate monger. We have elected reps who seem to take pleasure in bashing our soldiers at every opportunity. All covered by the first amendment.
We have some who seem to think that free speech is only for a select few and including illegals. I detest the KKK and all groups like them. However I will defend their right to make azzes out of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Toledo
3,861 posts, read 7,433,344 times
Reputation: 3646
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Klan protests immigration | TimesDaily.com | The Times Daily | Florence, AL (http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20090510/articles/905105041&tc=yahoo - broken link)

I bet it won't be too long before the anti-immigrant posters come in to justify their actions.
What is your point in posting this? Certainly you don't think the Klan represents most people who are for tighter immigration control. That would be like me saying MS-13 represents the open borders lobby.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 12:40 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,098,000 times
Reputation: 2244
i would not endorse the klan in any way.

anyone not denouncing them is party to them really.

these guys are clowns. they are garbage.

enough said.

regardless of who their target is, gays, blacks, immigrants (illegal or otherwise because they[kkk] barely make that distinction) i would distance myself from them entirely.

boo to the kkk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times
Reputation: 3785
And remember: MEChA=KKK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 02:10 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,098,000 times
Reputation: 2244
really?

wow. thats pretty ignorant.

whatever mecha does, i dont think it has anything to do with killing folk like the kkk have historically done.

wow. thats a real stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And remember: MEChA=KKK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Reputation: 3028
The fact that the Klan opposes illegal immigration doesn’t mean that all ‘decent’ citizens should support it. Few citizens of this country give a flying fig what the Klan thinks; as evidenced by the measly audience (20 or 30 people, including police) in attendance at their rally.

I’m sure there must be a few rapists and murderers who support illegal immigration; not to mention, the vast majority of Hispanic gangbangers. Does that mean those who support illegal immigration coalesce with them? Everyone has a right to their opinion, even vile creatures such as the Klan.

Actually, this isn’t even newsworthy, and wouldn’t have been reported other than as an ad hominem argument or propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top