U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 PM

6,745 posts, read 8,072,356 times

Advertisements

Are there people still associate them selves with the KKK? In MN we would crush them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 07:28 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Are there people still associate them selves with the KKK? In MN we would crush them!
What would really give the KKK a shot in the arm would be if they dropped their racist rhetoric and opened their membership to any American---------irrespective of actual race/ethnicity.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:08 AM

17,449 posts, read 22,948,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What would really give the KKK a shot in the arm would be if they dropped their racist rhetoric and opened their membership to any American---------irrespective of actual race/ethnicity.
Why would Americans flock to join the Klan if they opened their membership up to anyone? That's like saying Americans would flock to join Hezbollah if they opened up their membership to non-Shiites. You do realize the KKK is the world's oldest terrorist group even though they don't do too much violence anymore, mainly because it took YEARS of law enforcement pressure and court pressure to break the Klan. If the KKK was as strong as they were pre-WW2 they'd be violent as all hell just like back then.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:14 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Why would Americans flock to join the Klan if they opened their membership up to anyone? That's like saying Americans would flock to join Hezbollah if they opened up their membership to non-Shiites. You do realize the KKK is the world's oldest terrorist group even though they don't do too much violence anymore, mainly because it took YEARS of law enforcement pressure and court pressure to break the Klan. If the KKK was as strong as they were pre-WW2 they'd be violent as all hell just like back then.

Now we have new terrorist groups like the Suerenos and Nortenos and like Mecha and La Raza..

Old 05-15-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Now we have new terrorist groups like the Suerenos and Nortenos and like Mecha and La Raza..
National Council of La Raza are pretty moderate. La Raza Unida are pretty radical, though. I'm not sure which group you're talking about. La Raza Unida are extreme, but they're not violent.

Mecha used to have some pretty weird ideas which they've toned down to an extent, but they're not a terrorist group nor a gang. They still are somewhat radical but not as radical as they used to be, and not a violent organization.

La Eme seems to be turning into more of an actual organized crime group, same goes for Nuestra Familia.

OTOH Mara Salvatrucha are truly international terrorists who have killed far more people on US soil than some groups that are on the international terror list. When's the last time that 17 November or ETA killed anyone on US soil? (The answer, in case you wondered, is "never"). That isn't defending those groups - they deserve to be on the terrorist list - but MS13 should also be on the terrorist list.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:27 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The vile reputation of the KKK is impervious to any form of redemption. As a black person, I would NEVER even entertain the thought of affiliating with this repugnant group of bigots. Count me OUT!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The vile reputation of the KKK is impervious to any form of redemption. As a black person, I would NEVER even entertain the thought of affiliating with this repugnant group of bigots. Count me OUT!
The KKK are more hated than any other organization in America for a reason, namely, their history and ideology.

ArizonaBear might as well have been urging people to join NAMBLA if they decided to open up their organization to non-pedophiles.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
The KKK are more hated than any other organization in America for a reason, namely, their history and ideology.

ArizonaBear might as well have been urging people to join NAMBLA if they decided to open up their organization to non-pedophiles.
Absolutely! Thatís another organization that makes my skin crawl. Nothing is more abhorrent than the molestation of children. I really donít understand how NAMBLA is allowed to exist.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! Thatís another organization that makes my skin crawl. Nothing is more abhorrent than the molestation of children. I really donít understand how NAMBLA is allowed to exist.
Although I'm opposed to illegal immigration, I'd rather have illegal immigrants who aren't involved in violence or extremism in the US than NAMBLA.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:59 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,578 times
Quote:
Although I'm opposed to illegal immigration, I'd rather have illegal immigrants who aren't involved in violence or extremism in the US than NAMBLA.
I say Deport 'Em Both (Nambla and the Illegals)..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or