U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! That’s another organization that makes my skin crawl. Nothing is more abhorrent than the molestation of children. I really don’t understand how NAMBLA is allowed to exist.
What you stated makes me wonder as well.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 10:09 AM

17,449 posts, read 22,965,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What you stated makes me wonder as well.................
I bet if NAMBLA had the same positions that they have but also were opposed to immigration, especially illegal immigration, in addition to the positions they have, there would be people on this board defending them.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:13 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I bet if NAMBLA had the same positions that they have but also were opposed to immigration, especially illegal immigration, in addition to the positions they have, there would be people on this board defending them.
I doubt that.
However the ACLU is more than happy to defend them just as they do illegals.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:43 AM

17,449 posts, read 22,965,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I doubt that.
However the ACLU is more than happy to defend them just as they do illegals.
The ACLU will defend anyone, even Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage. They would assuredly defend the Minutemen's right to be heard in court just as they defended NAMBLA's right to a fair treatment in court.

That's part of their mission - to defend even the most hated groups and individuals in society.

While we're talking about hated organizations, Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church seems to feel the same way about Mexican culture as many of the people on this board do. I will not give a link to a Phelps site but if you want to know google "God Hates Mexico". Phelps' view of Mexican culture (as opposed to merely talking about immigration issues) as "inferior" and "subhuman" is similar to some people on these boards

Old 05-15-2009, 10:52 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,681 times
Quote:
Phelps' view of Mexican culture (as opposed to merely talking about immigration issues) as "inferior" and "subhuman" is similar to some people on these boards
Some people have criticized some (though not all) aspects of Mexican culture but when has ANYONE referred to it as 'subhuman'?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:01 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
The ACLU will defend anyone, even Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage. They would assuredly defend the Minutemen's right to be heard in court just as they defended NAMBLA's right to a fair treatment in court.

That's part of their mission - to defend even the most hated groups and individuals in society.

While we're talking about hated organizations, Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church seems to feel the same way about Mexican culture as many of the people on this board do. I will not give a link to a Phelps site but if you want to know google "God Hates Mexico". Phelps' view of Mexican culture (as opposed to merely talking about immigration issues) as "inferior" and "subhuman" is similar to some people on these boards
Admittedly, I haven’t read every post on this board. However, I have yet to read a comment other than from an occasional troll, in which Mexicans were referred to as “inferior” or “subhuman.” Can you post the comments you have referenced?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:18 AM

45 posts, read 53,306 times
Quote:
Admittedly, I haven’t read every post on this board. However, I have yet to read a comment other than from an occasional troll, in which Mexicans were referred to as “inferior” or “subhuman.” Can you post the comments you have referenced?
It's all about suggestion and insinuation, one doesn't have to be hit over the head with it.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
It's all about suggestion and insinuation, one doesn't have to be hit over the head with it.
Unless someone uses the words “inferior” or “subhuman” they have not referred to Mexicans or anyone else by those terms. Occasionally, we all have our intentions misinterpreted by others. If someone is being accused of denigrating Mexicans, at least provide explicit evidence. Innuendo is open for interpretation.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
Let me put it this way:

I do feel that Mexican culture is inferior in the sense that said nation is not willing to take care of its poorest, most vulnerable people hence the latter coming to the USA illegally.

It is especially disgusting that the per capita income SoB is over $14K a year.

Yes: I just said it-----------Mexico is not a poor nation. Its income is the same as Argentina---------which seems to have a relatively decent Middle Class.

Bottom line: we owe Mexico nothing----------that nation needs to grow up.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:57 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
oh c'mon now. you know JDM is always bashing mexicans and mexico and their culture of criminality, corruption and cesspoolness.

there is no denying that.

and yikes was on here not too long ago.

but i guess the argument can be made that both yikes and JDM are trolls...

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or