U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 08:28 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
From a Klan flag-covered podium, about a half-dozen Klan members spoke about illegal immigration, quoted Biblical scripture and criticized presidential politics, international banks, the federal stimulus, residents who are Jewish, black, gay or Hispanic and even the swine flu. A crumpled Mexican flag lay on the ground.

After the speeches and a final round of "white power," Terrence Farris, who is black, yelled, "Y'all a bunch of clowns."
Two Klansmen then set the Mexican flag on fire. One of the Klansmen stomped out the fire with his military boots and kicked the flag.
Klan protests immigration | TimesDaily.com | The Times Daily | Florence, AL (http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20090510/articles/905105041&tc=yahoo - broken link)

I bet it won't be too long before the anti-immigrant posters come in to justify their actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 08:56 AM

807 posts, read 1,117,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Klan protests immigration | TimesDaily.com | The Times Daily | Florence, AL (http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20090510/articles/905105041&tc=yahoo - broken link)

I bet it won't be too long before the anti-immigrant posters come in to justify their actions.
Anti-Immigrant Posters? Where? I haven't seen any "Anti-Immigrant" Posters on these boards, just people that respect the law and wish for it to be enforced..

Old 05-10-2009, 08:59 AM

14,969 posts, read 13,768,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Anti-Immigrant Posters? Where? I haven't seen any "Anti-Immigrant" Posters on these boards, just people that respect the law and wish for it to be enforced..
YES! Thank you!

And I'm not sure why OP called us "anti-immigrant." None of us are, at least not from what I've seen.

Criminal aliens are NOT immigrants at all!

Old 05-10-2009, 09:06 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
YES! Thank you!

And I'm not sure why OP called us "anti-immigrant." None of us are, at least not from what I've seen.

Criminal aliens are NOT immigrants at all!
Certain posters on this board are mental prisoners of Wonderland. They figure if they click their heels together and repeat a delusional phrase a certain number of times, it magically becomes the truth and they get to travel somewhere over the rainbow. In this case that would be illegal aliens who pretend that they are legal "immigrants"

That being said, while I don't condone the existence of the KKK or their racist mantra, since illegal aliens are allowed to march and protest on American soil (when they should be arrested and deported), why should American citizens who happen to be KKK members not be allowed the right to march and voice their opinion regarding illegal immigration in their own country?
Quote:
From a Klan flag-covered podium, about a half-dozen Klan members spoke about illegal immigration, quoted Biblical scripture and criticized presidential politics, international banks, the federal stimulus, residents who are Jewish, black, gay or Hispanic and even the swine flu. A crumpled Mexican flag lay on the ground.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:13 AM

14,969 posts, read 13,768,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That being said, while I don't condone the existence of the KKK or their racist mantra, since illegal aliens are allowed to march and protest on American soil (when they should be arrested and deported), why should American citizens who happen to be KKK members not be allowed the right to march and voice their opinion regarding illegal immigration in their own country?
I certainly don't approve of the KKK either. I'd take it a step further and say this hurts our cause. I actually don't want the KKK marching for the simple fact that American approval of the KKK is so low (as it rightfully should be) and I fear that many will see "KKK" and switch to the opposite side by default.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I certainly don't approve of the KKK either. I'd take it a step further and say this hurts our cause. I actually don't want the KKK marching for the simple fact that American approval of the KKK is so low (as it rightfully should be) and I fear that many will see "KKK" and switch to the opposite side by default.
Agreed. I am a child of the civil rights movement and thus, old enough to remember the horror and devastation the klan brought upon the lives of my people and the White Americans who dared to help us. I in no way, shape, form or fashion support their's or any other group's hatred of people based on the premise of race. But again, (and unfortunately) they are Americans and thus entitled to the same rights and freedoms as the rest of us.

As for some White Americans switching to the opposite side? It didn't happen 50 years ago when they had the opportunity to join us "colored people" who are Americans, you can rest assured, they certainly aren't going to join the ranks of brown foreigners who have illegally invaded "their" country.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-10-2009 at 09:56 AM..

Old 05-10-2009, 09:20 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
The KKK is anti immigrant, especially anti non white/christian immigrant.

There is noone who posts here that fits that description and to pretend that there is is completely fraudalent.

Anyways, I am surprised that someone who holds to the 'la raza' mentality isn't somewhat sympathetic with the Klan...same message just opposite sides of the coin after all.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:21 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,065,165 times
It's no longer stealing.
But an undocumented purchace.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:27 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
minutemen and klan are bout the only ones even saying anything. the rest just hire mexican gardeners and housekeepers. most businesses inc government subcontract grounds and janitor almost always illegals doing the job after a few months of impression management with green card people.
this is a labor issue american government refusing to enforce immigration to assist business with cheap labor. in eurpose the unions fight this behavior but here we hate unions.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
minutemen and klan are bout the only ones even saying anything. the rest just hire mexican gardeners and housekeepers. most businesses inc government subcontract grounds and janitor almost always illegals doing the job after a few months of impression management with green card people.
this is a labor issue american government refusing to enforce immigration to assist business with cheap labor. in eurpose the unions fight this behavior but here we hate unions.
IMHO the Minutemen are a legitimate anti-illegal group who are truly concerned about America and it's sovereignty. Spending time at the borders on a voluntary basis shows their true dedication to their cause. Additionally, the Minutemen are comprised of all races and nationalities. The klan on the other hand, are simply a bunch of ignorant antagonists and racist cowards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or