U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:17 PM

928 posts, read 1,205,737 times

Advertisements

[quote=Al Marotta;8762636][quote=Digital_Duck;8760752]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Marotta View Post

As far as a white way of thinking - NOOOO! Wrong direction!

American way of thinking is what we need - when it gets hyphenated (white American or Italian - American or African - American) - it is another version of the same mess. That starts cutting people out.

{ABOVE IS QUOTE FROM DIGITAL DUCK---I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO EDIT OUT PARTS OF QUOTES WITHOUT MAKING IT LOOK LIKE THE QUOTED TEXT IS MINE}

Don't you feel whites are perfectly entitled to have some say in the demographic future of America as it is affected --quite directly, if we'll be honest--by immigration? What mess are you talking about (I sincerely don't get you)? How are people getting cut out if a white interest group stands up to a Latino interest group like La Raza? Are your feelings
similar to those who have been conditioned to automatically react to
the words "white" and "Christian" as if they are code words
for hatred?
I don't think white, black, Irish, Italian, Hispanic, Indian, Jewish or any other label fit ...

If you talk EQUAL rights for all ... thats right to me. I don't think one group is entitled to more than the other.

I lost out on a job because I wasn't black
but in New Orleans I got a job because I wasn't from that state.

Point is that when it makes one feel special it takes away from the EQUAL rights of another. The key word is EQUAL.

Quote:
Are your feelings
similar to those who have been conditioned to automatically react to
the words "white" and "Christian"
  1. FATHER: German born to a German woman and Italian man. His first and middle name was Holger Wolfgang
  2. MOTHER: Her father was French/German and her mother was French/Indian
... and I was originally Baptized a Roman Catholic

yup yup I am the exact type to react to the words "white" and "Christian"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 05:54 PM

16 posts, read 20,403 times
{quote-} BAMBAM
I am not terribly PC on any subject, not out of malice, but out of a desire to get down to the meat of everything and the FACTS. The fact is, is that for every La Raza we already have a KKK they don't necessarily cancel each other out but they to offset one another in their attempt at becoming valid. {/quote}

I'm not sure we should be comparing La Raza to the Klan. From what little I know about La Raza, it's a fairly well respected (or at least tolerated--at
least by the P.C. liberals who are our concern in this matter) activist/pimp
organization trying to further Mexican immigration. The Klan is universally
discredited.Saying that American whites do not need an organization to
directly look out for their immigration concerns ---specifically the Hispani-
cization of America without their direct approval--just because the Klan
exists seems to me like saying blacks don't need the N.A.A.C.P because
Black Panthers exist. Such an argument, it seems to me, FURTHERS
disunity among whites---because many if not most whites in a P.C. age
are cowed to begin with regarding the topic of immigration. All they hear
from the Open Borders liberals and Hispanic pressure groups is that one
is racist and xenophobe if he favors immigration controls and favors them
on a race/ethinicity basis. It doesn't do their urge to come out of the closet and face immigration issues head-on any good when they hear people otherwise sympathetic to their views saying things similar to what pro-reconquesta advocates are saying: any white person in favor of having a direct say in the demographic make-up of America is a racist whose career in public life should be destroyed.

BTW, thanks loads for the info on how to quote. I'll see if I got it right when I submit this.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:16 PM

32,911 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Marotta View Post
{quote-} BAMBAM
I am not terribly PC on any subject, not out of malice, but out of a desire to get down to the meat of everything and the FACTS. The fact is, is that for every La Raza we already have a KKK they don't necessarily cancel each other out but they to offset one another in their attempt at becoming valid. {/quote}

I'm not sure we should be comparing La Raza to the Klan. From what little I know about La Raza, it's a fairly well respected (or at least tolerated--at
least by the P.C. liberals who are our concern in this matter) activist/pimp
organization trying to further Mexican immigration. The Klan is universally
discredited.Saying that American whites do not need an organization to
directly look out for their immigration concerns ---specifically the Hispani-
cization of America without their direct approval--just because the Klan
exists seems to me like saying blacks don't need the N.A.A.C.P because
Black Panthers exist. Such an argument, it seems to me, FURTHERS
disunity among whites---because many if not most whites in a P.C. age
are cowed to begin with regarding the topic of immigration. All they hear
from the Open Borders liberals and Hispanic pressure groups is that one
is racist and xenophobe if he favors immigration controls and favors them
on a race/ethinicity basis. It doesn't do their urge to come out of the closet and face immigration issues head-on any good when they hear people otherwise sympathetic to their views saying things similar to what pro-reconquesta advocates are saying: any white person in favor of having a direct say in the demographic make-up of America is a racist whose career in public life should be destroyed.

BTW, thanks loads for the info on how to quote. I'll see if I got it right when I submit this.
Pro-illegals have used the terms racist and xenophobe so much it has the same effect as 'um' and 'you know' or 'like' in a paragraph. One simply skims over it as it's just a pause.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,086,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Pro-illegals have used the terms racist and xenophobe so much it has the same effect as 'um' and 'you know' or 'like' in a paragraph. One simply skims over it as it's just a pause.
I think a subtle distinction between racist and super nationalist is needed.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:14 PM

32,911 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I think a subtle distinction between racist and super nationalist is needed.
na·tiv·ism (nt-vzm) n. 1. A sociopolitical policy, especially in the United States in the 19th century, favoring the interests of established inhabitants over those of immigrants.
2. The reestablishment or perpetuation of native cultural traits, especially in opposition to acculturation.

Especially Illegal Immigrants and their acculturation they bring with them while refusing assimilation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration