Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 04:47 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times

Advertisements

Guys, please, stop with personal remarks. Stop trolling. Discuss the topic not each other.
Yac.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:42 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
It would be terrific if that were possible. For some reason there seems to be persons on this forum who cannot discuss a topic without making it into personal attack. I know that I myself am guilty of biting back, but I find it difficult to just sit back and allow someone to disparage me personally, without some sort of counteraction.

If you disagree with someone, so be it. Great! One of the ideals that this country is built upon is the premise that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, it doesn't give someone the right to insult and denigrate those whose viewpoint differs from theirs. From that point on, rational discussion becomes moot. It just evolves into one big mud-slinging match.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:30 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh no!!!!!!!!!! no Taco Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look closely, the "big box" stores are built into the foundation.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:21 PM

19 posts, read 16,803 times
Quote:
So your saying that America deserves to have our country ruined? Greatbasinguide, that is "sick", really, that is.
I find the inability of some people to understand simple English quite bizarre. It is apparent that Greatbasinguide said, simply and clearly, if one cannot hold the country one deserves to lose it, not the first without the last.

Apparently his Roman analogy was too complex. Let us make it a simpler one.

The Slobbovians have a country. The Barbarians begin infiltrating through their borders. Instead of uniting, forming an armed force and tossing the barbarians out, they sit around their sports bars and complain, but do not act.

Do they deserve their country?

Old 04-07-2007, 06:38 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
What I said, I will say it in a different way, if Americans cannot protect America it is a declining culture.

Conversely, if America can protect America then it is probably not a declining culture.

Remember when the Barbarians, those nasty Arian Christian Vandals and Goths and Franks came across the Rhine? They only did it because Rome could not stop them, being in decline. They did not come across while Rome was strong.

I happen to think that America is in decline because of the expense of maintaining what is essentially an Empire. Like the Romans, Like the Brits, the cost of maintaining hegemony eventually becomes to steep.

America can reverse this given the will, but if America and Americans do not have the will to secure their own borders, I put little faith in the future of this once great republic

Oh, and by the way, this sentence makes a strong case that NEA (National Education Association?) is not very well educated and could actually be considered similar to the Nazi division of Europeans into Aryans, Alpines, and Mediterranians, mediterranians being a small step above the Untermensch:
In a few comments above, including others on KKK, anthropology, hang-up on term 'white'; these posts do not sound scientific and this is scary.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:19 PM

Love the way gbg takes one sentence from a post and attempts to make the poster look like a bigot.

I would venture that this is because you cannot refute or argue with the rest of the post and as you have some sort of vendetta against me because I dared to publically disagree with something you had stated as fact, you have to try to discredit me in some fashion.

I believe that most of the folks reading this forum are intelligent enough to look at the entire post.

Because Mexican is a political rather than a racial designation, it is no more possible for it as such, to have a color than it is to pin one certain color on the American. I have to say gbg, you certainly seem to be hung up on racial identity.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:54 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guide View Post
I find the inability of some people to understand simple English quite bizarre. It is apparent that Greatbasinguide said, simply and clearly, if one cannot hold the country one deserves to lose it, not the first without the last.

Apparently his Roman analogy was too complex. Let us make it a simpler one.

The Slobbovians have a country. The Barbarians begin infiltrating through their borders. Instead of uniting, forming an armed force and tossing the barbarians out, they sit around their sports bars and complain, but do not act.

Do they deserve their country?
And I propose that greatbasinguide and you are one in the same

Old 04-08-2007, 10:15 AM

19 posts, read 16,803 times
GBG did a great job of delineating the three main racial groups in Mexico, guess you slept through that lecture which would refute this:
Quote:
I believe that most of the folks reading this forum are intelligent enough to look at the entire post.
Quote:
In a few comments above, including others on KKK, anthropology, hang-up on term 'white'; these posts do not sound scientific and this is scary.
not scientific is scary? So religion is scary.. Post hoc ergo propter hoc?

Spunky, GBG got banned,, so your flash of brilliance is like the green flash that often occurs in the tropics, just before the sun sets.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:35 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,436 times
how do you know he got banned pray tell?

If he did I'm surprised he has gotten away with a lot for a long time.

But like someone said, if he really wants to Im sure he will find a way "back in". If he hasn't done so already. . . Someone on here sure has been complimenting him alot!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 11:28 AM

Well at least he seems to have a BIG fan in guide. I suppose he/she (don't want to be gender specific--way too politically incorrect) should have at least one person who will fall in line with his/her ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration