U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 11:33 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,587,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
City Councilman Don Anderson said he understands that, but he and his colleagues want to make sure residents’ tax dollars end up in the pockets of people who are allowed to work here.

“I fully realize this might be a lightning-rod issue,” he said. It already has prompted responses from people on both sides of the immigration debate.
Lakewood might check legal status of their city workers | The News Tribune - Local | Seattle-Tacoma News, Weather, Sports, Jobs, Homes and Cars | South Puget Sound's Destination

Both sides of the debate? I fail to realize what the anti-E-Verify side is afraid of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 04:37 PM

33,011 posts, read 30,303,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
They are afraid of not being able to freely use slave type labor.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:32 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,783,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They are afraid of not being able to freely use slave type labor.
Amen to that. The politicans all harp about the fact that its only 96% accurate. LOL Like that 4% will will will hurt big business. Give me a break.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:59 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,928,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Amen to that. The politicans all harp about the fact that its only 96% accurate. LOL Like that 4% will will will hurt big business. Give me a break.
Agreed. Their real fear is the reality that E-Verify works.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,402,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
The pro illegal career Democratic politicians that have been a roadblock to making E-verify universally mandatory are lying through their teeth in using the fact that E-verify is only 96% accurate as their reason for opposing E-verify. You can break that 4% down to the following 3 categories, simple name discrepancies of legal citizens, actual identity theft by an illegal, and for simplicity, other really problematic reasons. The simple name discrepancies of legal citizens need to be resolved anyway and can be done quickly. Might as well be sooner than later. The identity theft of illegals is in that 4% and that's what E-verify was created for. The other that is problematic couldn't be more than about 1%. So it seems to me that E-verify is 99% accurate. And these pro illegal hispandering career Democratic politicians are blocking E-verify over that really only problematic 1%?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 AM

154 posts, read 111,932 times
Folks , I go from Olympia to Lakewood (bridgeport.. CIA.. CIA... Data-mine - CIA...]to do whatever most days of the week. It's a scary crack, meth, [Google it, craigslist ghetto black, white trash, and the other poor are subdivideded into ghettos.. eugenics]....but anyways... New World Order.

Last edited by JoeMama2009; 05-11-2009 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: The CIA are watching City Data - this is data mining Website for intelligence gathering!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration