U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-13-2009, 10:15 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,117,357 times
Reputation: 302

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You know something? No matter how you spin it, the bottom line concerning illegal aliens is always the same- the American citizen get screwed.

You are talking about millions of people who are not supposed to be here, who have neither education nor job skills coupled with a real attitude problem. In all the time I have been on this forum, I have yet to see one pro-illegal present good reasons as to why we should allow them to stay. Whining that they have been here a long time, they only want a better life, we stole their land, you would do the same thing, etc. does not constitute giving good reasons. The illegals knew damn right well that what they were doing was illegal when they sneaked across the border or chose to overstay their visa. When you stick it to the US like that, eventually the time comes when you have to pay the piper, except that now they expect us to move the goalposts in order to accommodate them. They think that if they jump up and down, screaming and throwing a temper tantrum for long enough we will give in and grant them citizenship (don't waste your time telling me about the 'fine' they will pay). They are here for what they can get, irrespective of the fact that it is always at somebody else's expense. American schoolchildren suffer when funds that should have been used for their education are diverted to pay for ESL for illegals. Homeowners suffer when their property taxes are increased to pay for it. A community suffers when the local ER closes and the nearest one is now 10 miles away. A neighborhood suffers when clown houses open up. Illegals deserve nothing except a ticket back to their homeland.
Awesome Post!!! I Can't rep you (it won't let me)..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-07-2009, 06:54 PM
 
54 posts, read 102,855 times
Reputation: 25
I mentioned Plyler v Doe in another post. Please look into it. It is the interpretation of the law that requires that public school employees ignore the fact that students are here illegally.

I work in a school district that has a HIGH percentage of illegals from Mexico. We are required to look the other way as these kids and their parents take from the system and DO NOT PAY INTO the system. They DO NOT PAY TAXES! They send most of their money back to Mexico. They get a free breakfast and a free lunch and free tutoring and free books and free classrooms and on and on and they do not pay taxes. And I know it sounds cliche, but many of them DON'T speak English. They don't need to. I'M the odd man out because I DO speak English.

In New Mexico, we are required to say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning. I wish those who are pro-illegal immigration could see some of these kids during the pledge and their hatred for the flag, their disrespect for their host country, and their attitude of entitlement for the blessings they enjoy from a country they feel NO LOYALTY toward.

In NM, we are facing a huge budget crisis. We are looking at cutting teachers' jobs even more than they have been cut. That means EVEN MORE kids in your legal child's classroom. That means even fewer teachers, teachers' aides, and resources, because we are required by law to share with those who are not following the law by being here. I may lose my job this year because the state has gone broke paying for services that it can't afford.

Before anyone jumps on me, I'm not racist, and I don't hate. I just think that those who are trying to follow the law (including LEGAL immigrants) should recieve the benefits before those who knowingly break the law. I know that there are many MANY immigrants, legal and illegal, who love this country and want a better life and are willing to work and sacrifice for it. But until we address the FACT that there are also MANY who are here for the simple purpose of taking advantage of our generosity and lax law enforcement, this problem will continue to grow. Unless you live in one of those communities that is being overrun with illegal immigrants, you just don't know.

Many of my students drive nicer cars than I do, and wear nicer clothes. They work for coyotes or cartels, smuggling other illegal immigrants, drugs, weapons, alcohol, etc. across the border. They do not see a need to do well in school because they make a very good living, and they simply do not see anything wrong with what they do. When children are raised with the assumption that the law is meant to be broken, what do you expect?

I am considering relocating to another state because of the illegal situation here. When you have this many illegal people in one area, you end up with a lot of below-the-radar crime that goes unreported. Slavery, drugs, weapons, abuse, all of it goes on but among people who officially "don't exist." It's not safe here anymore, but the stats won't reflect it. It's only what we see going on around us, not what is reported or prosecuted.

If anyone truly thinks this doesn't affect them, they are wrong. This is a huge problem, and it is affecting all of us in ways many of us don't even realize yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 07:32 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,467,125 times
Reputation: 540
Poor Aamericans who use to have the advantage f clinics when sck, now they are full of illegals, mostly pregnant or TB with sick kids spreading their TB around . We have been in 2 wrecks, both illegals one left the scene after hitting 5 cars at red light . The other one just grinned and walked away after hitting us while we made a turn . No license, no insurence , no problem said cops .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,793,608 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Poor Aamericans who use to have the advantage f clinics when sck, now they are full of illegals, mostly pregnant or TB with sick kids spreading their TB around . We have been in 2 wrecks, both illegals one left the scene after hitting 5 cars at red light . The other one just grinned and walked away after hitting us while we made a turn . No license, no insurence , no problem said cops .
I really find that hard to believe. I'll bet a thousand bucks that you are making that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2009, 11:08 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,449,593 times
Reputation: 1619
Yes sure have. every time I use the ER I pay 10 times more than whats fair so the hospital will have money to treat the illegals.....yea sure have..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2009, 01:28 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 318,916 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
well sit back and read what americans for law and order have to say...I dont care where an illegal comes from. Not my fault that MOST illegals are hispanics....it ant about race essay its about breaking the law . We got rules.
Essay? What doe that mean or imply? Wow...we have a bunch of really educated folks on here it seems. Can't take what you say seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2009, 01:42 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 318,916 times
Reputation: 91
It's funny ths thread. I have been a victim of crime by whites and blacks more than "illegal aliens". Actually, never been a victim of crime from an "illegal". Yesterday I caught this white blonde kid opening up Blu-Rays at Bestbuy and putting them in is pockets. Was a pleasure telling security on him. And a couple of months ago, another white kid, college aged, pretty clean cut, trying to break into my new car. So I am more scared of white thugs in Houston than anyone else based on my experience in Houston. Go figure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 AM
 
13 posts, read 27,182 times
Reputation: 49
It was back in the early 90's and I was just about to go to my CLEET Training in Law Enforcement. I was working for several cities at the time doing different projects as needed. On night a couple of illegal
aliens made a pass at me as I was fininshing up for the evening and to make a very long story short, they ended up trying to purchase me while I was talking(doing my briefing ) on a pay phone , they, thinking I was a working gal decided not to take no for an answer tried again and so my supervisor ended up making an arrest or at least attempting to, they jumped him, beat him terribly in a Marriott parking lot, took his gun fired it directly at me, shot him, (he lived) stole police dept truck,it was a drug deal we had walked into. The biggest problem is the biggest difference in their belief in value of life and quality,value on, of life for children and woman who are treated like objects. This destroyed a good mans life , career and family not because the department didn't back him, they did and he received a medal of honor, he could never believe in himself again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2009, 06:46 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
It's funny ths thread. I have been a victim of crime by whites and blacks more than "illegal aliens". Actually, never been a victim of crime from an "illegal". Yesterday I caught this white blonde kid opening up Blu-Rays at Bestbuy and putting them in is pockets. Was a pleasure telling security on him. And a couple of months ago, another white kid, college aged, pretty clean cut, trying to break into my new car. So I am more scared of white thugs in Houston than anyone else based on my experience in Houston. Go figure...
And I am sure there are just as many American citizens who have been victims of illegal aliens but never were a victim of a crime committed by a white, black or hispanic citizen either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,075,346 times
Reputation: 2244
in my rational mind i would think... dammmm these johns/drug dealers are ruthless.

i think the fact that they were vioent criminals resonates more than the coincidence that they happen to allegedly be illegal.

but im confused. were they looking for a prostitute or were they in the middle of a drug deal?
i dont know any drug dealers who would bother with some p*ssy while handlng business.

i bit suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
It was back in the early 90's and I was just about to go to my CLEET Training in Law Enforcement. I was working for several cities at the time doing different projects as needed. On night a couple of illegal
aliens made a pass at me as I was fininshing up for the evening and to make a very long story short, they ended up trying to purchase me while I was talking(doing my briefing ) on a pay phone , they, thinking I was a working gal decided not to take no for an answer tried again and so my supervisor ended up making an arrest or at least attempting to, they jumped him, beat him terribly in a Marriott parking lot, took his gun fired it directly at me, shot him, (he lived) stole police dept truck,it was a drug deal we had walked into. The biggest problem is the biggest difference in their belief in value of life and quality,value on, of life for children and woman who are treated like objects. This destroyed a good mans life , career and family not because the department didn't back him, they did and he received a medal of honor, he could never believe in himself again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top