U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:36 PM

33,138 posts, read 30,388,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
No and I live in SoCal. Actually had far worse happen to me from people who were anti-illegal ($200 stolen from me, playstation remote, my side view mirrors bashed in twice, my brother's car was stolen only to be set on fire, a KKK guy pulled a shotgun on me, the list sadly goes on...).

The point is that the sad reality is that there are bad people in every group. I chalk up these incidents to just that...individual incidents. Yes, there are underlying sociological influences that tie them all together (for the first 3, more ubermench type crimes...feeling above the law, since a bunch of college kids did these. The last two were more due to poverty, since the guy who pulled a gun on me was the poorest person on the block BY FAR!!! While most in my neighborhood made between 60-100k a year, his family was making 30k for a family of 4).

Was I mad? Yeah. However, understanding why these things happen from their perspective is critical to understanding how to prevent crime.
Yep, it's called a thorny, hard to cross border
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 05:17 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,778,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yep, it's called a thorny, hard to cross border
Be careful: someone will call you a White supremacist racist.............never mind you are Apache.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:20 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,851,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Be careful: someone will call you a White supremacist racist.............never mind you are Apache.
I suppose anyone who isn't best buds with the criminal aliens is a racist. Damn!

Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,939,815 times
They have directly affected all of our lives. Not long ago there was no reason to press 2 for English in order to talk to a customer service rep in America. Additionally, there was a time when you could walk downtown Chicago comfortably and there was an unspoken courtesy amongst those of us walking down the street. If you were headed north you walked on the outer perimeters if you were headed south you walked inward. Now, it resembles all of the negative things you see on tv with regard to 3rd world countries. It's overcrowded and chaotic 24-7. People are rude and ignorant and the list of foreign languages spoken loudly and rudely is limitless. Illegals spray graffiti everywhere and Chicago is now known for being the worlds greatest graffiti busters. Additionally, the streets are filled with illegals chattering in spanish, with one in the oven and 3 to 4 toddlers fighting over who is going to push the stroller to the welfare office. It's disgusting to say the least.

There was also a time that when you entered a fast food restaurant or simply went through the drive through, you were pretty much guaranteed to eat a meal without catching some food borne illness. Most importantly, people could communicate with one another no matter where you went, because, despite the fact that we were many races, from many backgrounds and cultures the one common factor was the English language.

That being said:

Approximately 4 years ago I sold my home. At the time I didn't think it was strange that the buyers' broker handled all of their transactions. We negotiated, the contract was signed and I was reassured that they would have no problem getting financed. The day of the closing my movers arrived and started putting my belongings on the truck. In the midst of the move, I received a phone call informing me that the buyers' had to seek financing from another party because their loan officer was only licensed to do business in Mexico. The closing was postponed and rescheduled. At that point I knew something wasn't right but my broker was not informed by the buyers' (hispanic) broker that the buyers were illegal aliens.

So long story short I diverted the movers to storage and moved in with a friend. Three canceled closings and 2 months later we finally closed. Needless to say I was furious, that these idiots had uprooted my entire life for two months. In the interim I signed leases and lost 3 townhomes that I wanted to rent. Fortunately, I was able to get my deposit back each time. However, in the interim their dysfunctional chaos became an unwanted part of my life. The day of the closing we ended up signing our documents in separate rooms. That was for the best because when I walked past their room it took all that I had in me not to go in and rip all three of these idiots a new butthole.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-10-2009 at 06:09 PM..

Old 05-10-2009, 05:27 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,102,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Really? Was that really needed? Did that bring any utility to the conversation? Was it more to stir up some tangent point that is out of topic and frankly aimed to incite some reaction then to only claim that your viewpoint is somehow valid since a minority brought up the same viewpoint?

You can be a minority and still be insensitive. Race is not one of those things that bars people from having a certain opinion. That's the great thing about this nation, you don't have to be of a certain race or creed to be insensitive or inflammatory (not saying that AngeryTaxPayers was, but other people have been).

Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
They have directly affected all of our lives. Not long ago there was no reason to press 2 for English in order to talk to a customer service rep in America. Additionally, there was a time when you could walk downtown Chicago comfortably and there was an unspoken courtesy amongst those of us walking down the street. If you were headed north you walked on the outer perimeters if you were headed south you walked inward. Now, it resembles all of the negative things you see on tv with regard to 3rd world countries. Illegals spray graffiti everywhere and Chicago is now known for being the worlds greatest graffiti busters. Additionally, the streets are filled with illegals chattering in spanish, with one in the oven and 3 to 4 toddlers fighting over who is going to push the stroller to the welfare office. It's disgusting to say the least.

When you entered a fast food restaurant or simply went through the drive through, you were pretty much guaranteed to eat a meal without catching some food borne illness. Most importantly, people could communicate with one another no matter where you went because despite the fact that we were many races, from many backgrounds and cultures the one common factor was the English language.

That being said:

Approximately 4 years ago I sold my home. At the time I didn't think it was strange that the buyers' broker handled all of their transactions. We negotiated, the contract was signed and I was reassured that they would have no problem getting financed. The day of the closing my movers arrived and started putting my belongings on the truck. In the midst of the move, I received a phone call informing me that the buyers' had to seek financing from another party because their loan officer was only licensed to do business in Mexico. The closing was postponed and rescheduled. At that point I knew something wasn't right but my broker was not informed by the buyers' (hispanic) broker that the buyers were illegal aliens. So long story short I diverted the movers to storage and moved in with a friend. Three canceled closings and 2 months later we finally closed. Needless to say I was furious, that these idiots had uprooted my entire life for two months. The day of the closing we ended up signing our documents in separate rooms. That was for the best because when I walked past their room it took all that I had in me not to go in and rip all three of these idiots a new butthole.
Odd seeing how Chicago went from being pretty much the next Detroit to being named 2008 city of the year from GQ. Northwestern University rose quickly in the ranks as well as University of Chicago. If anything, Chicago is MUCH better than before. I remember seeing pics of my dad in downtown and noticing how much graffitti. Got a pic from a friend who moved out there...same spot as where my dad took his pic...and remarked at how little vandalism there was.

As for food borne illness, the reason for the recalls are more political than practical. Food regulations are more stringent now than ever before.

Nostalgia is a drug. Most ardent, hardcore, anti-illegal, anti-immigrant (there are people like that on here...not specifically anyone) are more likely to look fondly at the past. People in general rate past events as more favorable. It's not all doom and gloom.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:54 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,939,815 times
Quote:
Odd seeing how Chicago went from being pretty much the next Detroit to being named 2008 city of the year from GQ. Northwestern University rose quickly in the ranks as well as University of Chicago. If anything, Chicago is MUCH better than before. I remember seeing pics of my dad in downtown and noticing how much graffitti. Got a pic from a friend who moved out there...same spot as where my dad took his pic...and remarked at how little vandalism there was.
You obviously have never been to Chicago prior to or since it has become an illegal alien sanctuary. Seeing pictures and dealing with the reality of what it has become since it's declaration of sanctuary city are two different worlds. Americans are fleeing Chicago in record numbers because the anchor baby filled city council is taxing them to death to keep up with financing their sanctuary policies. Additionally Chicago has the highest sales tax in the nation @10.25%. Children are being gunned down in the streets daily. Does this sound like a wonderful place to raise your children?
Quote:

27 Chicago Public School Students Killed This Year, Already Tops Last Year's Total

The overlooked student was Clemente High School 9th grader Devour Robinson. The 17-year-old died Nov. 14, days after being found shot in his Humboldt Park Home, according to the Tribune.
Quote:
CPS student found burned in gangway was shot in head: autopsy
SOUTHWEST SIDE | Cops stunned by vicious deadly attack -- teen with no record of trouble found beaten, shot, burned

Alex Arellano was found burned Saturday.

Yet, he was killed in an attack so vicious it gave some police officers pause.
He was beaten and shot and his body was found burned Saturday in a gangway in the 3000 block of West 54th Street, miles from his home in the 8900 block of South Escanaba. With about three months left in the current school year, the number of Chicago Public School students slain has reached 26, matching the total for all of last school year.

Most of the killings have taken place on neighborhood streets and not during school hours.
This is just the tip of the iceburg. The illegal alien mexican gangs are killing the black gang members and innocent bystanders every single day.

Quote:
As for food borne illness, the reason for the recalls are more political than practical. Food regulations are more stringent now than ever before.
REALLY?

Quote:
FDA finds contaminated serrano peppers in Mexico

July 30th, 2008, 6:59 pm · 9 Comments · posted by Nancy Luna, Staff Writer

http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/graphics/serranopepper1.jpg (broken link)Can this salmonella situation get any more confusing?
First, the feds fingered tomatoes. Then, various peppers and cilantro were suspect. Then, it was narrowed to just jalapeño peppers from Mexico. And, now the latest target is serrano peppers in Mexico.
New lab tests released today by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration “confirmed that both a sample of serrano pepper and a sample of irrigation water” collected from a farm in *Tamaulipas, Mexico Nuevo Leon, Mexico, contain Salmonella Saintpaul with the same genetic fingerprint as the strain of bacteria that is causing the current outbreak in the United States, the agency reported.
(*July 31 update: FDA corrected location on Thursday. The positive strain came from a farm in Tamaulipas, Mexico not Nuevo Leon, Mexico. See full FDA statement in comments.)
“As a result, until further notice, the FDA is advising consumers to avoid raw serrano peppers from Mexico, in addition to raw jalapeño peppers from Mexico, and any foods that contain them,” the agency announced today.
Quote:
Nostalgia is a drug. Most ardent, hardcore, anti-illegal, anti-immigrant (there are people like that on here...not specifically anyone) are more likely to look fondly at the past. People in general rate past events as more favorable. It's not all doom and gloom.
Nostalgia is not a drug. It's a rational longing for the normalcy, humanity, sanity and the lawful humane existence that America once was, prior to the illegal alien invasion.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-10-2009 at 06:57 PM..

Old 05-10-2009, 07:49 PM

25,378 posts, read 37,777,479 times
No they haven't but I wish they were all gone...all illegals should be send away and enter in a legal way...I have been affected by criminal Americans and maybe they can be send away and non criminal legals can stay here for ever in their place....

Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You obviously have never been to Chicago prior to or since it has become an illegal alien sanctuary. Seeing pictures and dealing with the reality of what it has become since it's declaration of sanctuary city are two different worlds. Americans are fleeing Chicago in record numbers because the anchor baby filled city council is taxing them to death to keep up with financing their sanctuary policies. Additionally Chicago has the highest sales tax in the nation @10.25%. Children are being gunned down in the streets daily. Does this sound like a wonderful place to raise your children?This is just the tip of the iceburg. The illegal alien mexican gangs are killing the black gang members and innocent bystanders every single day.

REALLY?

Nostalgia is not a drug. It's a rational longing for the normalcy, humanity, sanity and the lawful humane existence that America once was, prior to the illegal alien invasion.
I've been to Chicago after the "sanctuary city enactment" and it seems nice.

Weird noting that "Americans are fleeing" Chicago when it's experienced significant Gentrification. A LOT of my White California friends have moved to Chicago since it is the new "it" place. The Mercer group ranked it the 44th best city in the world.

As for the whole stringent food regulation thing...yeah. A lot things are more political and hyped. The swine flu epidemic is a great example. Was it a threat? Yeah. However, the way that they determined it was swine flu was with the old method of illness determination, prior to genetic testing.
On the surface of all cells are glycolipid markers. Tons of these markers. So at site N1 and H1 were markers. However, this virus was a hybrid of other flus and did not produce the same proteins and thus did not have the same effect as the 1918 epidemic. Me and a genetics buddy realized this at the height of the hysteria. With increased media comes, well, increased information.

Nostalgia makes people believe that their current situation is worse. In actuality, more times than not, the situation is the same. Psychologists have noted that nostalgia is VERY strong in tainting even recent events. Nostalgia is a very strong thing, which should not dictate our decisions. Instead, cold hard facts...simply numbers (not stories of an "illegal crime wave" that occurred at the safest point in our nation's history, not stories of poor immigrants with kids...have to be fair at times, right?). The facts point out that we are doing okay, as compared to previous points in our nation's history.

There is a differenc between nostalgia and history. History's aim is more objective, nostalgia is purely subjective.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:29 PM

807 posts, read 1,121,859 times
Quote:
I've been to Chicago after the "sanctuary city enactment" and it seems nice.

Weird noting that "Americans are fleeing" Chicago when it's experienced significant Gentrification. A LOT of my White California friends have moved to Chicago since it is the new "it" place. The Mercer group ranked it the 44th best city in the world.

As for the whole stringent food regulation thing...yeah. A lot things are more political and hyped. The swine flu epidemic is a great example. Was it a threat? Yeah. However, the way that they determined it was swine flu was with the old method of illness determination, prior to genetic testing.
On the surface of all cells are glycolipid markers. Tons of these markers. So at site N1 and H1 were markers. However, this virus was a hybrid of other flus and did not produce the same proteins and thus did not have the same effect as the 1918 epidemic. Me and a genetics buddy realized this at the height of the hysteria. With increased media comes, well, increased information.

Nostalgia makes people believe that their current situation is worse. In actuality, more times than not, the situation is the same. Psychologists have noted that nostalgia is VERY strong in tainting even recent events. Nostalgia is a very strong thing, which should not dictate our decisions. Instead, cold hard facts...simply numbers (not stories of an "illegal crime wave" that occurred at the safest point in our nation's history, not stories of poor immigrants with kids...have to be fair at times, right?). The facts point out that we are doing okay, as compared to previous points in our nation's history.

There is a differenc between nostalgia and history. History's aim is more objective, nostalgia is purely subjective.
Oh really, "The facts" like many of the Food Recalls due to the Spinich Scare, the Green Onion scare, etc.. The rise in these new illnesses..

The "Facts" like the HIGHER crime rates in Border States.. The "Facts" like the reports released that Mexican Drug Cartels were spotted in many U.S. States..

Wanting to live in a Safe Place where one can walk the streets without seeing Norteno and Soreno Graffiti, Wanting to be able to go into a restaurant and not have to worry about getting food poisoned because the workers follow appropriate sanitation techniques (I Won't even go into incidents of co-workers from Mexico who felt that used Toilet paper belonged in the Garbage can and not flushed down the toilet because that's the way it was in Mexico), Wanting to not have your pockets picked for higher taxes so that some illegal alien came come and drop 3 kids, Wanting to be able to communicate with in the language that YOUR country is in without it being EXPECTED that you communicate in Spanish in YOUR country IS NOT some "psychological quest for nostalga" but real life issues affecting real life people brought upon Americans by criminals who should NOT have entered this country to begin with..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration