U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 AM
 
4,272 posts, read 7,887,141 times
Reputation: 1552

Advertisements

So, you know for certain members of the first were illegal after they got arrested, yes?

And the second - how do you know that they were illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My Condo and then my house have been broken into by them. Once by a recently fired lawn care group and another by some Canyon dwellers. Some in the first were caught in the second the Police chased them off but did recover some stolen property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Before things really heat up, I'd like to ask everyone to take a step back and relax.
Being civil sure beats the hell out of getting restricted from posting
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Actually no, that was in 2007 that the recall hit CA...so umm...it has not been confirmed in CA, but on the midwest (out of WI, not CA).

Well considering the fact that San Diego is the 6th safest large city in the union and consistently ranked as one of the most liveable cities, well, that's mighty fine. San Antonio was 8th, and El Paso was 2nd. San Jose (not on the border, but in CA was 1st). Ain't that somethin'?
City Crime Rankings by Population Group

I think it's 2006, but still fairly relevant.

Oh, I actually spoke to Mexicans tonight (I figured what the hell being in LA and all), they laughed at the notion of throwing toliet paper away. Due to the septic system in Mexico, no...but the majority here in America do actually flush...so it's all good. Also it depends on the individual septic tanks and pipes as well in Mexico.

Nostalgia (which I believed I added the "i" maybe not...but who really cares) is again not about victimization or abuse...but rather an inability to change. That's all. It's the inability to see the present circumstances and a yearning for the past. Typically, present situations are seen as "bad" and past situations are seen as ideal. These past situations do not include any unfavorable aspects.

Just realize that facts are still facts.

BTW...
Detroit (which has a small illegal immigrant population) was ranked the least safest large city in America.
Although San Diego with it's over 50 Homicides MAY be considered "Safe", you failed to justify why other border cities are Homicide capitals..

Regarding the Spinach Scare, the Spinach originated in Salinas, CA, ya know, SALINAS, the little town off the Central Coast..

As far as the Septic tank issue goes, the point is that many of the people that come over directly from MEXICO bring over the customs from their homeland and DO NOT want to assimilate into U.S. customs, which are usually the ones that are in the U.S. illegally and refuse to become citizens, learn English, etc.. that work in restaurants preparing our food..

Maybe you should take your own advice and realize that "Facts are Still Facts"..

FACT: We have a large illegal alien population in this country
FACT: The Highest concentration of Illegal Aliens are in Border States, California, Texas, Florida
FACT: Crimes such as Identity Theft, Hit and Run accidents, Gang Violence, and Murders are perpetrated in some cases by Illegal Aliens (they are NOT all "Nice people that come here to work")
FACT: Drug Cartels from Mexco have crossed over into the U.S. bringing crime with them into states like Georgia and Texas
FACT: There is a large population of Illegal Aliens being housed in U.S. Prisons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 08:14 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
So, you know for certain members of the first were illegal after they got arrested, yes?

And the second - how do you know that they were illegal?
The owner of the condo that fired them said they had to because the couldn't come up with documents for tax purposes and that they admitted to the owner they were from Mexico. The prints on the window and doors matched those off the truck they used from the maint company. The second case was straight from the investigator that called me and said to come get my stuff they had found from a trail of stuff from my house to a camp. While later talking to him at the station he said they were being deported after a stay in jail.

So ya, there is probably a small percent of wiggle room but I did walk down into the Canyon afterwords and there were a bunch of "what appeared to be" Illegal Aliens living in the Canyon. I saw them multiple times after walking to and from a nursery where they "appeared" to be going to and from work. Allegedly.

So if you need a court document that they were illegal, no I cannot provide that. These things took place before the age of PC which means late 80s and early 90s. I seriously doubt an Officer could disclose that information now without some rights group coming after his badge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 08:14 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
Yes. Two good friends of mine were murdered by illegals who had been deported multiple times. The murders were about 3-4 years apart. The second friend of mine that was murdered was from Mexico originally and went through the proper channels to become a citizen. He also served in the military.
I'm sorry to hear about your two friends, especially the second friend that you mentioned that served our Country and went through the proper channels to become a citizen.. May God Bless them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As far as I am concerned every legal citizen of this Nation has been directly affected by illegals. From skyrocketing hospital costs to increases in tax debt due to having to pay for non taxed illegals in our public schools. How many know friends who have lost their livelihood due to low balling illegals? How can anyone say illegal immigration does not affect them? Their burden is shared by all.
Awesome Post!!! I absolutely agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Although San Diego with it's over 50 Homicides MAY be considered "Safe", you failed to justify why other border cities are Homicide capitals..

Regarding the Spinach Scare, the Spinach originated in Salinas, CA, ya know, SALINAS, the little town off the Central Coast..

As far as the Septic tank issue goes, the point is that many of the people that come over directly from MEXICO bring over the customs from their homeland and DO NOT want to assimilate into U.S. customs, which are usually the ones that are in the U.S. illegally and refuse to become citizens, learn English, etc.. that work in restaurants preparing our food..

Maybe you should take your own advice and realize that "Facts are Still Facts"..

FACT: We have a large illegal alien population in this country
FACT: The Highest concentration of Illegal Aliens are in Border States, California, Texas, Florida
FACT: Crimes such as Identity Theft, Hit and Run accidents, Gang Violence, and Murders are perpetrated in some cases by Illegal Aliens (they are NOT all "Nice people that come here to work")
FACT: Drug Cartels from Mexco have crossed over into the U.S. bringing crime with them into states like Georgia and Texas
FACT: There is a large population of Illegal Aliens being housed in U.S. Prisons
Okay first off....relax. It's going to be okay. The end of the world is NOT upon us.

Spinach Recall in 3 Midwest States at Circle of Food - Healthy Food Blog

No the Spinach of 2009 origniated from WI. Recalls happen ALL the time now. What's your point?

San Diego is a border city...you said border cities have high crime. I pointed to two that did not. So what's your deal?

Why does Detroit (not a southern border city), St. Louis (not even a border city), and Kansas City (again not a border city) have more homocides than San Antonio and San Diego?

Illegal immigrants comprise 3% of of the population of the entire US (97% legal).

Yes the highest concentration are on the border...with that said Texas and California contain some of the safest cities in the union. Consistently CA has the safest cities in the nation (Thousand Oaks, Santa Clarita, Irvine, Simi Valley). These are cities with populations well over 100,000 so they are large towns.

Actually the majority of second generation people assimilate pretty well. First generation immigrants, from most places, don't assimilate well in general.

Sorry, facts are facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Okay first off....relax. It's going to be okay. The end of the world is NOT upon us.

Spinach Recall in 3 Midwest States at Circle of Food - Healthy Food Blog

No the Spinach of 2009 origniated from WI. Recalls happen ALL the time now. What's your point?

San Diego is a border city...you said border cities have high crime. I pointed to two that did not. So what's your deal?

Why does Detroit (not a southern border city), St. Louis (not even a border city), and Kansas City (again not a border city) have more homocides than San Antonio and San Diego?

Illegal immigrants comprise 3% of of the population of the entire US (97% legal).

Yes the highest concentration are on the border...with that said Texas and California contain some of the safest cities in the union. Consistently CA has the safest cities in the nation (Thousand Oaks, Santa Clarita, Irvine, Simi Valley). These are cities with populations well over 100,000 so they are large towns.

Actually the majority of second generation people assimilate pretty well. First generation immigrants, from most places, don't assimilate well in general.

Sorry, facts are facts.

Obviously, you are still young and living in some sort of multicultural "dream world" where everything is rainbows, flowers, and lollipops..

The Salinas Spinach scare occured in 2006.. here is an article from SF Gate (A Liberal leaning newspaper) :
Spinach scare hits Salinas Valley hard / Crops being plowed under; some workers already being laid off

Where are the "FACTS" that point out that Illegal Aliens only make up 3% of the overall population? The Pew research center pointed out that 11 to 12 MILLION lived in this country a couple of years back.. Here's an article from the Christian Science Monitor in 2006..
Illegal immigrants in the US: How many are there? | csmonitor.com

Also it looks like the Illegals are having more children in the U.S...
Report: Illegal immigrants having more kids in US - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/community/moms/articles/2009/04/14/study_illegal_immigrants_having_more_kids_in_us/ - broken link)

Here's an interesting article about Drug Cartel Violence spilling over from the Mexican Border:
US fears violent drug crime beginning to bleed over Mexico border | WORLD

And... San Diego.. Although their crime rate may have reported a slight drop in 2008, that should be attributed to better enforcement along the U.S. Border with Mexico as they had increased crime stats in many years prior to that..

The overall issue is Not Immigrants, but Illegal Aliens that commit crimes..

People in this thread have been victimized by people who should NOT be in this country to begin with..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 01:08 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244
ding ding ding. we have a winner.

sorry bipolar. if all you could do is question the posters age, or partying habits, then its not only an l, but a BIG L

he adresses your points well. you get mad and bring in other topics like birth rates.



as for being a victim of crime.

NO i have not. and i live in the hood. the folks that i know that have been victims, and a perp was caught, have all suffered at the hands of legals (the majority were black).

but that happens. if you live in a large urban setting that suffers socio-economically and has lots of black folk then the perp might be black. if i lived in similar area, but with a large pop of asians, then the perp might be asian. if i lived in east LA, then the perp might be brown. pretty simple.






Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Okay first off....relax. It's going to be okay. The end of the world is NOT upon us.

Spinach Recall in 3 Midwest States at Circle of Food - Healthy Food Blog

No the Spinach of 2009 origniated from WI. Recalls happen ALL the time now. What's your point?

San Diego is a border city...you said border cities have high crime. I pointed to two that did not. So what's your deal?

Why does Detroit (not a southern border city), St. Louis (not even a border city), and Kansas City (again not a border city) have more homocides than San Antonio and San Diego?

Illegal immigrants comprise 3% of of the population of the entire US (97% legal).

Yes the highest concentration are on the border...with that said Texas and California contain some of the safest cities in the union. Consistently CA has the safest cities in the nation (Thousand Oaks, Santa Clarita, Irvine, Simi Valley). These are cities with populations well over 100,000 so they are large towns.

Actually the majority of second generation people assimilate pretty well. First generation immigrants, from most places, don't assimilate well in general.

Sorry, facts are facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2009, 01:22 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ding ding ding. we have a winner.

sorry bipolar. if all you could do is question the posters age, or partying habits, then its not only an l, but a BIG L

he adresses your points well. you get mad and bring in other topics like birth rates.



as for being a victim of crime.

NO i have not. and i live in the hood. the folks that i know that have been victims, and a perp was caught, have all suffered at the hands of legals (the majority were black).

but that happens. if you live in a large urban setting that suffers socio-economically and has lots of black folk then the perp might be black. if i lived in similar area, but with a large pop of asians, then the perp might be asian. if i lived in east LA, then the perp might be brown. pretty simple.

Yawn! I've read your posts and ALL it seems you can do is personally attack others when you cannot debate the facts.. It is thankful that you have not been victimized by an illegal alien.. However, you fail to be tolerant or sympathetic to those that have.. It's funny how you pro-illegal folks post about "tolerance" and "sympathy" when it comes to people that break our country's laws by entering illegally but when the shoe is on the other foot, you types seem to go into attack mode..

And Please don't flatter yourselves, I never got "angry" regarding That1Guy's posts, I felt that his posts DID display a certain level of naivity regarding the affects of illegal immigration and the illusion that many liberals have of this "multicultural utopia".. I'm all for diversity and legal immigration as many on this board are, but the issue here is illegal aliens that commit crimes and cause harm, pain and suffering to law abiding American citizens and legal immigrants..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top