Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:27 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,861 times

Advertisements

there is no need to debate when others have taken care of it.

and who says im pro illegal?

im just not affected by it.

saying you lost a debate is not a personal attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Yawn! I've read your posts and ALL it seems you can do is personally attack others when you cannot debate the facts.. It is thankful that you have not been victimized by an illegal alien.. However, you fail to be tolerant or sympathetic to those that have.. It's funny how you pro-illegal folks post about "tolerance" and "sympathy" when it comes to people that break our country's laws by entering illegally but when the shoe is on the other foot, you types seem to go into attack mode..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
there is no need to debate when others have taken care of it.

and who says im pro illegal?

im just not affected by it.

saying you lost a debate is not a personal attack.

Phlease..

All of the posts talking about Illegal Immigration and it's impact, you are one of the people that is first to attack others and imply that they are racists for expressing an opinion.. You are one of the ones that comes out swinging when negative things are said about Illegal Aliens..

Of course the other "party" won the debate in your eyes, given your personal bias towards people that share your views..

Old 05-11-2009, 05:52 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,861 times
sorry buddy i dont throw the race card. i dont accuse people of racism. maybe ignorance, but i dont go around calling posters racists. this time i am NOT the one.

and posters like beni, mac and tin have won debates in my eyes.

but think what you will...

and stick around. im still trying to figure out what former poster you are. you seem to think you know about me when you only been here a couple weeks...

Quote:
Phlease..

All of the posts talking about Illegal Immigration and it's impact, you are one of the people that is first to attack others and imply that they are racists for expressing an opinion.. You are one of the ones that comes out swinging when negative things are said about Illegal Aliens..

Of course the other "party" won the debate in your eyes, given your personal bias towards people that share your views..

Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
Quote:
Obviously, you are still young and living in some sort of multicultural "dream world" where everything is rainbows, flowers, and lollipops..

The Salinas Spinach scare occured in 2006.. here is an article from SF Gate (A Liberal leaning newspaper) :
Spinach scare hits Salinas Valley hard / Crops being plowed under; some workers already being laid off

Where are the "FACTS" that point out that Illegal Aliens only make up 3% of the overall population? The Pew research center pointed out that 11 to 12 MILLION lived in this country a couple of years back.. Here's an article from the Christian Science Monitor in 2006..
Illegal immigrants in the US: How many are there? | csmonitor.com

Also it looks like the Illegals are having more children in the U.S...
Report: Illegal immigrants having more kids in US - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/community/moms/articles/2009/04/14/study_illegal_immigrants_having_more_kids_in_us/ - broken link)

Here's an interesting article about Drug Cartel Violence spilling over from the Mexican Border:
US fears violent drug crime beginning to bleed over Mexico border | WORLD

And... San Diego.. Although their crime rate may have reported a slight drop in 2008, that should be attributed to better enforcement along the U.S. Border with Mexico as they had increased crime stats in many years prior to that..

The overall issue is Not Immigrants, but Illegal Aliens that commit crimes..

People in this thread have been victimized by people who should NOT be in this country to begin with..
I'm 23 turning 24. I've traveled the world, I lived in different parts of the world, and I've seen (and lived in) both extreme poverty and wealth. I explained this in another post to another person.

Spinach scare 2006? Really? There have been three other ones. I mentioned the most recent. This is a testament of stringent health regulations. With that said, it is also a testament of how media influences perception.

A general number is 11 million illegal immigrants. Some post more, some post less...but 11 million seems to be the number that most agree on.

Yes, first generation immigrants have more kids. Second generation still have more than the average American, by third generation they are on par typically. This happened with the Irish and Italians.

These are fears of what MAY happen due to drug cartel violence. People are afraid that we will see THAT level of violence and not the random fits we have seen.

Violent crimes in San Diego County were, in 2007, actually was lower than 2006, which was lower than 2005 so on and so forth. See the high point in violent crime was in 1991. Here is a link: http://www.nctimes.com/pdf/crimestat0409.pdf (broken link)

People shouldn't be victimized in general. However, the thread depicts that illegal immigrants are the main culprit of crimes. If this were the case, why did the 2000s have the lowest crime rates and highest illegal immigration rates?

Old 05-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ding ding ding. we have a winner.

sorry bipolar. if all you could do is question the posters age, or partying habits, then its not only an l, but a BIG L

he adresses your points well. you get mad and bring in other topics like birth rates.

as for being a victim of crime.

NO i have not. and i live in the hood. the folks that i know that have been victims, and a perp was caught, have all suffered at the hands of legals (the majority were black).

but that happens. if you live in a large urban setting that suffers socio-economically and has lots of black folk then the perp might be black. if i lived in similar area, but with a large pop of asians, then the perp might be asian. if i lived in east LA, then the perp might be brown. pretty simple.
Thanks. But in the end, it's not about winning...it hopefully is about understand both sides. That's what I personally beleive the ultimate goal of internet forums are; to create a place in which ideas are freely expressed to create understanding. Maybe not an agreement, but just understanding. (sorry a little tired).

Old 05-12-2009, 03:22 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,725,665 times
This is an interesting topic and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see a serious discussion here.
So please, leave your egos out of this and talk about facts.
Yac.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:54 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I'm 23 turning 24. I've traveled the world, I lived in different parts of the world, and I've seen (and lived in) both extreme poverty and wealth. I explained this in another post to another person.

Spinach scare 2006? Really? There have been three other ones. I mentioned the most recent. This is a testament of stringent health regulations. With that said, it is also a testament of how media influences perception.

A general number is 11 million illegal immigrants. Some post more, some post less...but 11 million seems to be the number that most agree on.

Yes, first generation immigrants have more kids. Second generation still have more than the average American, by third generation they are on par typically. This happened with the Irish and Italians.

These are fears of what MAY happen due to drug cartel violence. People are afraid that we will see THAT level of violence and not the random fits we have seen.

Violent crimes in San Diego County were, in 2007, actually was lower than 2006, which was lower than 2005 so on and so forth. See the high point in violent crime was in 1991. Here is a link: http://www.nctimes.com/pdf/crimestat0409.pdf (broken link)

People shouldn't be victimized in general. However, the thread depicts that illegal immigrants are the main culprit of crimes. If this were the case, why did the 2000s have the lowest crime rates and highest illegal immigration rates?
The Spinach Scare of 2006, as stated in the article that I linked actually affected many that were food poisoned as a result..

Actually, the Drug Cartel violence is MORE than a perceived fear.. Here's an article from the March 23rd edition of the New York Times about the Drug Cartel Violence that is spilling over from Mexico into the U.S.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/23/us/23border.html

The Crime statistics for San Diego may have gone down but arguably that can be attributed to increased enforcement along the Southern Border.. There has been increased crime rates in OTHER border cities such as Phoenix and Texas along the U.S./Mexican border..

The purpose of this thread was for people to discuss how illegal immigration has affected them personally.. The mere act of entering this country illegally is a crime although some would argue that it is as serious as "jaywalking" (on which I disagree) , but once the illegals enter this country, the myriad of crimes typically increase ranging from Identity Theft, Social Security Fraud, to more serious offenses like Burglary, Murder, and Rape.. Many of the posters have shared how illegal immigration has personally affected their lives.. No one has stated that Illegal Immigration is the "sole cause of crime" in the U.S., but the issue is that Illegal Aliens should NOT have been in the country to begin with..

Old 05-12-2009, 03:59 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
What? You mostly post tales of woe on this entire website...so not really the most unbiased source.

Nostalgia has a lot to do with a lack of reform that acknowleges both sides.

Geez take a chill pill...smoke a little weed...drink a little wine...
I'm sure the victims in the stories posted on this forum that you consider "tales of woe" whose lives were ended by an illegal alien would beg to differ if they were still alive.

Quote:
Deportation will affect me sine MY generation will pay for the $$$. And frankly $$$ that aids people (Americans and non alike) will be better spent. See, you'll be dead when me and my generation will be in the middle of sending our kids to college and paying off wars. So I'd rather see MY $$ (again anyone over 40 will not have to pay...or will pay less) be spent on schools and hospitals. We have a finite amount of resources. Let's spend it on the poor.
Really? So in your world the billions that my generation is CURRENTLY wasting on education, ESL, hospitals, interpreters, jailing and deportation of your illegal alien friends, family members and their offspring doesn't matter? You talk a good game, but I seriously doubt that you pay any taxes. Talk is really cheap especially when you're the recipient of the tax dollars of others.

As for my departure date, as long as I don't do drugs and drink myself into a continual stuper (which appears to be your solution to avoiding reality) and continue to avoid neighborhoods being taken over and destroyed by illegal aliens, the odds are that I will outlive you.

Quote:
Also the websites you provide typically are biased, unreliable and frankly a farce. A few are okay...but the most part it's really pandering and almost insulting to those that agree with you.

Think of "Passion of the Christ". There was a reason why the "passion plays" were not popular during the modern era. It's because they were too emotional in their appeal. Same with a lot of your arguments. They are too emotional and lack credibility. Have you ever wondered why only the same people have applauded your efforts? Have you ever wondered why the same people posted the same views? Have you ever wondered why the lack of variance in this forum? Have you ever wondered why those "against" typically never have a united front and also change from time to time?

The answer is not because only you guys have the answer. But anyways...instead of working against each other...why not find an actual solution...let's work with each other.
Working against one another? We provide tens of billions of dollars in aid to foreign countries annually, specifically mexico the primary source of this invasion. Yet, you would like to pretend that the thousands of stories on this website that repeatedly document the destruction of illegal aliens are fiction and that this is simply a matter of Americans not wanting to help our fellow man? Somewhere between the alcohol and the weed, I'm beginning to believe that the best advice I can give you is dream on.

"Anyways" (FYI, BTW is not a word) contrary to what you may believe, ignorance is not blissful and ignoring reality does not make it disappear.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-12-2009 at 05:01 AM..

Old 05-12-2009, 05:25 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'm sure the victims in the stories posted on this forum that you consider "tales of woe" whose lives were ended by an illegal alien would beg to differ if they were still alive.

Really? So in your world the billions that my generation is CURRENTLY wasting on education, ESL, hospitals, interpreters, jailing and deportation of your illegal alien friends, family members and their offspring doesn't matter? You talk a good game, but I seriously doubt that you pay any taxes. Talk is really cheap especially when you're the recipient of the tax dollars of others.

As for my departure date, as long as I don't do drugs and drink myself into a continual stuper (which appears to be your solution to avoiding reality) and continue to avoid neighborhoods being taken over and destroyed by illegal aliens, the odds are that I will outlive you.

Working against one another? We provide tens of billions of dollars in aid to foreign countries annually, specifically mexico the primary source of this invasion. Yet, you would like to pretend that the thousands of stories on this website that repeatedly document the destruction of illegal aliens are fiction and that this is simply a matter of Americans not wanting to help our fellow man? Somewhere between the alcohol and the weed, I'm beginning to believe that the best advice I can give you is dream on.

"Anyways" (FYI, BTW is not a word) contrary to what you may believe, ignorance is not blissful and ignoring reality does not make it disappear.
I don't need to talk that much about the future when the reality is I'm being affected today, every day, by the Illegal Horde.
IMO pro-illegals should not get a free pass in the future and they should feel every bit the financial burden that my generation has and is. Once someone has been violated or ripped off and it's proven it was by an Illegal Alien it will give them a dose of reality and make them wonder why we let it happen. Not only let it happen but for years encouraged it with an open border.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

I'm sure that people killed by blonde haired people would claim that people with blonde hair are "bad". So your initial point it moot. Adding a sarcastic smiley to a situation that clearly is not sarcastic really doesn't add to your point. Actually in a way, it detracts. However, the point is that again, your postings are like crack. The addict sees them and needs more to the point that logic and reason are thrown out the window. Instead, you see begin to see all illegal immigrants as violent criminals. You are addicted to these tales.

BTW... I do pay taxes (BTW is not a word...it's three). A good amount of taxes. And well, our nation currently spends the most per capita on healthcare than any other nation. With that said, we don't have universal healthcare (or any variation of). So, the billions we spend is WASTED. Our education system is also based publically (hence why we have good and poor school districts). There is waste is the school system. The LA city unified spent $300 million on Belmont High School due to improper ventillation (it had been formerly an industrial site). A light bulb at San Bernardino City Unified costs roughly $20 per bulb (higher than the average cost). Again, there is waste in our public schools. Education and Hospistals benefit more people than illegal immigrants. An increased priority will HELP citizens as well. With that said, we do need to trim on how we spend the money.

Deportation will cost billions and severly disrupt our fragile economy. If you don't believe removing 11 million people en masse will not disrupt our economy, then frankly I don't think you don't understand economics. Deportation will also create another entity that will again perpetuate wasteful spending (think the border wall).

So I don't want MY tax dollars to be used in that fashion. You seem to like to point out the irrelevant, but here it goes. I think that the 20s demographic needs to decide more of the future of budgets since YOU WILL BE DEAD and we will have to pay. Plus was a personal attack really needed. Continual stupor? I drink only the weekends recently. I had fun in college yes. With that said I have about 6% body fat can run a quarter mile in about 50 secs. and workout about 4 times a week. Pretty healthy guy. The way you seem to stress, well your cotrisol levels are through the roof. Which inhibits your metabolism as well as increases your heart rate. Epinephrine and norepinephrine is coarsing through you, which initially is good for you, yet can do serious harm. Enough of biology.

Avoiding neighborhoods where illegals live? See interesting thing about that is well some of the trendiest areas of LA are considered "illegal neighborhoods" Mid Wilshire, Echo Park, hell even Hollywood, Silver Lake...These are safe mixed income areas. What's wrong with mixed income neighborhoods? Studies show that mixed income areas are good, schools in mixed income areas tend to do better than schools in dire poverty. Also, high income students benefit by putting a face on poverty and being more wellrounded. I went to a mixed income school and graduated with a 4.45 gpa...I sat next to a kid who inherited a Lambo on one side and another kid who was going to be the first to go to college in her family.

Well, yeah it is counter productive creating hype. You simply instill fear. Again, your posting is like crack to some (possibly you). So no, you don't do drugs, but you post the equivilent. Neurologically speaking, all a drug is, is a substance that alters you chemically. You get a vertiable "High" off of your postings. Not at all a bad thing. However, I see it in your posts that you tend to over generalize entire groups and get defensive once you get called out on it. (Africans, people from WI, both illegal and legal Mexicans, people from the third world). You are set in your views that frankly, people like you do more harm than good. Our previous adminstration is a testament to that. A narrow view of what is deemed American and right has lead us to elect Bush.

Also seeing how your really have no grasp of neurology, you wouldn't even understand how toxicity levels of marijuana are so benign that the dopaminergic system is largely less affected by marijuana than other substances. Its effects on the hippocampal region (which if you don't know what or where that is located, then no ad hominen attacks. PS. its located near the amygdala in the anterior medial part of the brain. It is largely considered part of memory) are to be determined really. Again I digress. However, wouldn't it be great if we didn't give pay increases to university officials and actually were able to lessen college expenses? Maybe a way to legalize illegals upon graduation of a 4 year degree (or even other immigrants as well)? A thought...

Our billions sent abroad are filled with stupid earmarks and strings. We sent TONS of money for ONLY the war on drugs. We sent tons via the IMF (which great job they did in Jamaica and Argentina).

Look, good try trying to paint me as some poor, no know nothing type person. BTW, FYI is not a word as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration