U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 05:16 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,031,707 times

Advertisements

A simple way to get rid of illegal immigrants...cut off ALL their lifelines. No deportations necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 05:24 PM

235 posts, read 251,014 times
Default it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Legal immigration is better than illegal immigration for alot of reasons. I'll give you one.
I'm sure you can imagine the nightmare of getting hit by somebody who is uninsured and totally getting screwed. This would undoubtedly happen less if more people were allowed to legally allowed protect themselves and other drivers on the road. Also, more people going through the process of passing a written and driving exams will result in more better drivers on the road. That's why I say hey, if they are going to be here anyway they might as well be legal to prevent this kind of thing from happening as much as possible. We'd all be safer as a result.

5 years ago i was a victim of an illegal with a md. drivers license.. We are a sanctuary state for illegals.. he had a phony id when he obtained license.. i suffered permanent damage and in pain 24/7, while this yo yo illegal moves on..States attorney said he's probably using another md. drivers license with a phony id.. thats why i am now an activist against illegals.. they use and abuse our system to the fullest in scams and welfare fraud.. they use many different id's to get multiple welfare checks/food stamps and emergency cash assistance.. In 2007 maryland found 52000 who obtained these funds using phony id's..a homeowner was paid $2000 for use of their address and found more than 800 welfare checks/food stamps etc going there every month.. this is happening all over the united states.. its more beneficial to use the get rich quick scheme to be illegal.. I have hundreds of links to back up my words..

Old 05-24-2009, 06:46 PM

470 posts, read 508,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
5 years ago i was a victim of an illegal with a md. drivers license.. We are a sanctuary state for illegals.. he had a phony id when he obtained license.. i suffered permanent damage and in pain 24/7, while this yo yo illegal moves on..States attorney said he's probably using another md. drivers license with a phony id.. thats why i am now an activist against illegals.. they use and abuse our system to the fullest in scams and welfare fraud.. they use many different id's to get multiple welfare checks/food stamps and emergency cash assistance.. In 2007 maryland found 52000 who obtained these funds using phony id's..a homeowner was paid $2000 for use of their address and found more than 800 welfare checks/food stamps etc going there every month.. this is happening all over the united states.. its more beneficial to use the get rich quick scheme to be illegal.. I have hundreds of links to back up my words..
Good lord. Feel free to post any of those links. I would love to read them. I hate to hear about your situation, but you are far from alone. We are all fighting to. Educate one person a day. That's what I am doing and it is beginning to help some. Good luck to you.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:11 PM

5,891 posts, read 12,249,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
You have yet to say anything here other than what you THINK MIGHT help. My numbers are the real world tho.
You can throw cost numbers at me all day but unless you look at an unbiased comparison between the benefits and the costs it just doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I'm still waiting for you to read the article I posted a link to. I believe there are some facts thrown in on there.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:10 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
You can throw cost numbers at me all day but unless you look at an unbiased comparison between the benefits and the costs it just doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I'm still waiting for you to read the article I posted a link to. I believe there are some facts thrown in on there.
Facts? Facts we can see every day like people harassing citizens in the parking lots of Home Depot, ten cars to an apartment in what used to be decent hoods, Er's closing, hit and runs and other crime in the daily news section, schools jam packed with kids whose parents can't speak English. There is a lot "not to like" besides a cost benefit analysis and just on the fact that they are not supposed to be here it's hard to fathom why anyone would need facts to back up any claim.

We don't need two separate sets of laws for this Country. You are either a legal citizen or not, if you are not we'll help you pack it out.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:32 AM

1,720 posts, read 3,930,790 times
I always say dont hate the player hate the game. It is the US Government that is taking a crap on this whole situation. why not cut all these free benefits crap, or do a background check before they hand out welfare, food stamps or pay for your baby's delivery. CA is the stupidest state in the nation for giving so many things at taxpayers expense, I thank god I had a chance to move out of that state.

There so many people who abuse the system and yet they do nothing.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
No, these “slaves” are not shackled and forced to be here -- they come of their own volition, and in violation of our laws. However, due to the fact that they are generally paid below minimum wage; are forced to work long hours without the benefit of overtime pay, often under deplorable conditions; and are exploited by greedy employers who do not comply with DOL regulations, and profit from paying cheap wages, no taxes, insurance, or benefits. They are the next best thing to free labor. How can you support this?

I don't support it, but a study does need to be done to see what are the average working conditions of illegals. I don't know. Not too many people do.

They are “benefactors” because they circumvent our laws, enabling them to send billions in remittances back to their countries of origin. As a matter of fact, remittances from illegal aliens living in the U.S. account for the #2 source of revenue for Mexico.

If they make such low wages, then they can't be benefactors. You can't be both. You can exploit because you are being exploited. So there is a huge disconnect. Again, I would have to do research to find out where that is.

So yes, they are both slaves and benefactors.

Yes, and there are some differences within the illegals.

You've got the guy who is sleeping in some run down shed behind some barn working like a dog, his employer doesn't provide decent wages, nor decent living conditions, no overtime pay. And there are the women working as dirt-paid illegal live-in nannies, available day and night and also no overtime pay, no health insurance plan.

Then you've got those who made a run for the border just in time for the birth of a child and they never will work for a living here.

You've got relatives just smuggled in by some guy who was working hard, but they'll never work hard.

And there are the criminal types, the drug traffickers and drug dealers, all kinds of shiftless types who may come to join relatives here but they're not coming to work hard.

And there are the mixed families, those who were amnestied in the late 80's who smuggle in relatives they don't wish to sponsor or who can't pass a background check and so can't be brought in legally.

Family sponsorship can be worse than illegals in some ways because in very many cases, the families never intend to obtain a health insurance plan or pay the costs of their immigrants. Often they bring in elderly that will never work for a living here, and their sponsors don't provide their financial support, especially not their health care costs.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:40 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Legal immigration is better than illegal immigration for alot of reasons. I'll give you one. Documented immigrants can legally obtain a driver's license and subsequently can purchase car insurance. I'm sure you can imagine the nightmare of getting hit by somebody who is uninsured and totally getting screwed. This would undoubtedly happen less if more people were allowed to legally allowed protect themselves and other drivers on the road. Also, more people going through the process of passing a written and driving exams will result in more better drivers on the road. That's why I say hey, if they are going to be here anyway they might as well be legal to prevent this kind of thing from happening as much as possible. We'd all be safer as a result.
Nothing stops an illegal from getting liability insurance. They could get it if they wanted to.

It's better to leave the illegals illegal. Many of them at some point intended to return home some day, and there's no good reason to try to change their minds.

Driving without insurance is just another law they figure they don't have to respect, just like the immigration laws. The reason they don't buy insurance is they figure why should the, no one bothers them for it, they're allowed to drive without insurance and also they don't wish to pay for it. Being handed amnesty won't change that attitude.

Many will become unemployed because those who hire illegals do so precisely because they don't want to hire Americans and legal immigrants because they save a lot of money going the illegal route. So if there is any truth at all in that "we need them to do the cheap lowly jobs that Americans and legal immigrants won't do" then we accomplish nothing by making these people legal. That would defeat the whole purpose in them being here in the first place, they would qualify for more welfare and never have to work those lowly unskilled jobs again.

Also, since amnesty will not provide any background checks of any kind, once handed their citizenship papers, when it's found they were murderers, rapists or whatever back home, we'd be stuck with them. By leaving them illegal, they can always be deported.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:30 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Well, the reason I ask that is because you stated that the "owners" benefit, not the "slaves". I pointed out that many say that illegal immigrants are both "slaves" and the people who benefit out of the situation. However, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too...(White Stripes Song).
Not true. Plenty of illegals have been 'dispatched' out to seasonal agricultural jobs by "suppliers" of such labor...('brokers'?....'crimps'?) who are, themselves, illegal immigrants....illegals who make their living off the 'sweat' of others, their job made possible by the fact of their 'product's' illegal status......

Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 PM

235 posts, read 251,014 times
Default hiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Good lord. Feel free to post any of those links. I would love to read them. I hate to hear about your situation, but you are far from alone. We are all fighting to. Educate one person a day. That's what I am doing and it is beginning to help some. Good luck to you.

Good luck to you too..I also have a great signature line i use on some of my emails..the ones that goes out to our dear politicians. I belong to several great organizations that are against illegals using tax dollars etc.. i speak during council meetings and also senate/house and delegate hearings..it helps to have a signature line with the backing of some nice organizations.. when you email any politician and see this, they are more apt to pay attention.. They do not want to be blackballed by any of these clubs. it took me some time, but i compiled a list of all politicians that are gungho on supporting illegals. From Obama on down the line. When i have something important to say, i click on 1 folder and they all go out together.. hundreds of emails to these a.h.. here are just a few links that you might like and feel free to forward to all in your email contacts and ask them to forward also to their politicians demanding action.. enough of using "OUR TAX DOLLARS TO SUPPORT THESE ILLEGALS AND THEIR ANCHOR BABIES"..
ITS OUR MONEY AND NOT THEIRS..
They come here and get pregnant to get free tax dollars welfare etc and we have to support their babies through college. The babies supporting the parents.. NICE HUH!!!!

BS..Enough already.

illegals using phony id's to collect income tax

Illegal Immigrant Tax Probe Expanding-Phony SS#'s collect tax refunds

illegals using phony id's to collect other services

I-Team: Fake IDs Easy To Get For Immigrants - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore (http://www.wbaltv.com/news/13784640/detail.html - broken link)

eisenhower deported illegals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_*******

[SIZE=2]$6 billion a year for anchor babies[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]$6 Billion a Year for Mexican "Anchor Babies? :: Immigration and Border Issues :: Hyscience [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Family Security Matters Archive[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]illegals living in taxpayer paid public housing.. they also get sec 8, food stamps and medicaid in some instances with the help of anchor babies..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]http://www.elpasotimes.com/nationworld/ci_11350240 (broken link) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thousands of Illegal Immigrants Live in Public Housing | NBC San Diego[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

52000 last year received state aid using phony id's

Audit: 52K receiving aid lack valid SSN's - Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/a-1097830~Audit__52K_receiving_aid_lack_valid_SSN_s. html - broken link)

The dark side of illegal immigration..a good read..

The Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration: Facts, Figures and Data Show A Disturbing Truth

these are a few employers that hire them..What I do if i see illegals working anywhere in a group.. You might wonder how I know they are illegal, and i look at it this way.. i researched and found out that only about 8-9% of the ones coming into america become citizens.. the rest are illegals and most don't want to be citizens because its more beneficial to them to be illegals because of their phony id scams and others..
when i see a group of hispanics, i call the employer who i suspect are hiring them, and tell them i'm calling ICE.. i have ICE # in my car at all times.. then i call ice several times.. i put these employers on my list and when i call ice, i call on all of them often.. the more you call the better..almost always, the next day or 2, no more hispanics working there.. *sorry hispanics, if you're citizens and don't work for cash and don't abuse the system and don't take my tax dollars, this is not for you*!! the system works.. i recently had an apartment complex near me have at least 20 hispanics on roof tearing out the old shingles. i got out of my car and took pictures.. an man got out of his pick up truck and asked what i was doing.. I told him i was calling ICE. He tried to assure me that they were not illegals.. I told him, "great, then you have nothing to worry about. They'll check their id's and move on".. The very next day all illegals gone.. only 2 men working on the roof.. it happens all the time.. they are taking jobs away from our families and this country is bankrupt because of them. sorry if i'm taking too much time..

annapolis painting company & others found guilty of hiring illegals

Firm owner guilty of hiring illegal immigrants • Top Stories (www.HometownAnnapolis.com - The Capital) (http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/top/2009/04/24-32/Firm-owner-guilty-of-hiring-illegal-immigrants.html - broken link)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30383176/ (broken link)

McDonalds fined $1million for hiring illegals
Nevada McDonald's franchisee fined $1 million over illegal aliens (flashback to supporters)

$5 million dollar fine for hiring illegals - Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum

__________________________________________________ __________

[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or