U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-23-2009, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
See what I don't understand is how illegal immigrants can be both viewed as slaves and benefactors at the same time...
No, these “slaves” are not shackled and forced to be here -- they come of their own volition, and in violation of our laws. However, due to the fact that they are generally paid below minimum wage; are forced to work long hours without the benefit of overtime pay, often under deplorable conditions; and are exploited by greedy employers who do not comply with DOL regulations, and profit from paying cheap wages, no taxes, insurance, or benefits. They are the next best thing to free labor. How can you support this?

They are “benefactors” because they circumvent our laws, enabling them to send billions in remittances back to their countries of origin. As a matter of fact, remittances from illegal aliens living in the U.S. account for the #2 source of revenue for Mexico.

So yes, they are both slaves and benefactors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2009, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Texas
470 posts, read 508,277 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
There you go again with your line of BS reducing American's desire to rid itself of the financial, emotional, criminal destruction and drain of illegal aliens to nostalgia. Why is it so hard for you and your ilk to comprehend that we have no desire to be an extension of everything that is wrong with Mexico? If those of you squatting in this country illegally have done nothing else, you have clearly fingered yourselves as being the source of all that is wrong with mexico. Thus, making it more than obvious that the decent mexicans have stayed behind hoping to improve mexico.

Whatever meager taxes those of you who have stolen identities pay is a mere pittance in comparison to the billions that the millions here rape American taxpayers for annually. Whatever sales tax you pay won't even put a dent in what your ilk costs America annually. You don't love America. What you love is what America has to offer at free and reduced rates to illegal aliens at the expense of America's sovereignty and tax dollars.

I would love to see a link that clearly states that illegal aliens pay enough taxes to offset the cost of their lawless, burdensome presence in this country. Even if amnesty were passed tomorrow we are talking about a lifetime of subsidizing millions of illiterate low wage earners with a multitude of kids whose EIC at the end of each tax year would cost America billions of tax dollars. Thus, they would be to the US what they are to mexico, a net value of zero.

There is not enough money in the world that would justify Americans sitting back in silence, legalizing drugs and spending more money to finance the current invasion and destruction of America. If that's what you are anticipating will happen, I promise you it ain't gonna happen. We owe you and mexico nothing.

Sorry dude, you invaded the wrong country.
Easy now. The good ole' facts, common sense, and reason never quite sit well with this type.

Just as your prior post, and a some of mine, have clearly laid out the cost and pain caused by immigration from the south, legal and illegal, this post too will fall by the way side. Its not about facts. Its an ideology of happy times, hope, love, Utopian Paradise. These type of post that you just made are never addressed on the facts and solid grounds. He may find a typo to ridicule or claim you are a racist, or say you are narrow minded, but never really address what you have stated. It drives me nuts.

There is no need to back up anything said, outside of the occasional left slant poll, to justify what some of these people say. This part was price less;
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post

What we should do is engage with Meixco to form a cohesive plan that increases controlled immigration and decreases illegal immigration. This is a win-win. How? I really don't know...I doubt anyone really knows on this forum.
How do you even respond to this garbage?????!!!!

You cant, its based on nothing. It just sounded good in his/her head right before it hit the keyboard. THIS is what we battle now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 10:32 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Easy now. The good ole' facts, common sense, and reason never quite sit well with this type.

Just as your prior post, and a some of mine, have clearly laid out the cost and pain caused by immigration from the south, legal and illegal, this post too will fall by the way side. Its not about facts. Its an ideology of happy times, hope, love, Utopian Paradise. These type of post that you just made are never addressed on the facts and solid grounds. He may find a typo to ridicule or claim you are a racist, or say you are narrow minded, but never really address what you have stated. It drives me nuts.

There is no need to back up anything said, outside of the occasional left slant poll, to justify what some of these people say. This part was price less;


How do you even respond to this garbage?????!!!!

You cant, its based on nothing. It just sounded good in his/her head right before it hit the keyboard. THIS is what we battle now.
As usual we are on the same page. It is my honor to rep you bam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 12:08 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,891 posts, read 12,254,394 times
Reputation: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
How do you even respond to this garbage?????!!!!

You cant, its based on nothing. It just sounded good in his/her head right before it hit the keyboard. THIS is what we battle now.
Legal immigration is better than illegal immigration for alot of reasons. I'll give you one. Documented immigrants can legally obtain a driver's license and subsequently can purchase car insurance. I'm sure you can imagine the nightmare of getting hit by somebody who is uninsured and totally getting screwed. This would undoubtedly happen less if more people were allowed to legally allowed protect themselves and other drivers on the road. Also, more people going through the process of passing a written and driving exams will result in more better drivers on the road. That's why I say hey, if they are going to be here anyway they might as well be legal to prevent this kind of thing from happening as much as possible. We'd all be safer as a result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 06:24 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Legal immigration is better than illegal immigration for alot of reasons. I'll give you one. Documented immigrants can legally obtain a driver's license and subsequently can purchase car insurance. I'm sure you can imagine the nightmare of getting hit by somebody who is uninsured and totally getting screwed. This would undoubtedly happen less if more people were allowed to legally allowed protect themselves and other drivers on the road. Also, more people going through the process of passing a written and driving exams will result in more better drivers on the road. That's why I say hey, if they are going to be here anyway they might as well be legal to prevent this kind of thing from happening as much as possible. We'd all be safer as a result.
Not in this recession/depression; all the more reason to 'humiliate' illegal aliens so they slither back home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Texas
470 posts, read 508,277 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Legal immigration is better than illegal immigration for alot of reasons. I'll give you one. Documented immigrants can legally obtain a driver's license and subsequently can purchase car insurance. I'm sure you can imagine the nightmare of getting hit by somebody who is uninsured and totally getting screwed. This would undoubtedly happen less if more people were allowed to legally allowed protect themselves and other drivers on the road. Also, more people going through the process of passing a written and driving exams will result in more better drivers on the road. That's why I say hey, if they are going to be here anyway they might as well be legal to prevent this kind of thing from happening as much as possible. We'd all be safer as a result.
I will continue to carry full coverage, which covers uninsured motorist, so that I can continue my fight to rid this country of these people. You want me to spend more money on them? I will, on my insurance.

I'm not going to feel compassion for these leaches. They are a burden to me and every other tax payer. They are destroying our way of life in Americas border states. I have listed fact after fact. I have given you SOLID, rock solid, immigration numbers and their cost to us. You continue to ignore them or some how think that they don't matter. Maybe you just don't want to believe them?

Either way, I am right to feel the way I do, not based solely on emotion, but on the REAL FACTS. You have yet to say anything here other than what you THINK MIGHT help. My numbers are the real world tho.

The immigration flood from the south, legal and illegal, is hurting us. One more so than the other, illegal of course. Chain migration has also changed the landscape of our immigration and has helped to begin the destruction the south west.

So there will be no "aww shucks just giv'm a shot, they're good fellas," from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 03:09 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times
Reputation: 822
No, these “slaves” are not shackled and forced to be here -- they come of their own volition, and in violation of our laws. However, due to the fact that they are generally paid below minimum wage; are forced to work long hours without the benefit of overtime pay, often under deplorable conditions; and are exploited by greedy employers who do not comply with DOL regulations, and profit from paying cheap wages, no taxes, insurance, or benefits. They are the next best thing to free labor. How can you support this?

I don't support it, but a study does need to be done to see what are the average working conditions of illegals. I don't know. Not too many people do.

They are “benefactors” because they circumvent our laws, enabling them to send billions in remittances back to their countries of origin. As a matter of fact, remittances from illegal aliens living in the U.S. account for the #2 source of revenue for Mexico.

If they make such low wages, then they can't be benefactors. You can't be both. You can exploit because you are being exploited. So there is a huge disconnect. Again, I would have to do research to find out where that is.

So yes, they are both slaves and benefactors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I don't support it, but a study does need to be done to see what are the average working conditions of illegals. I don't know. Not too many people do.

If they make such low wages, then they can't be benefactors. You can't be both. You can exploit because you are being exploited. So there is a huge disconnect. Again, I would have to do research to find out where that is.
If sending billions in remittances to their countries of origin doesn’t qualify them as being benefactors, I certainly don’t know what does. Again; you absolutely will NOT agree with anything said by those you oppose.

Why do you respond within the quotes of others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 04:52 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times
Reputation: 822
If sending billions in remittances to their countries of origin doesn’t qualify them as being benefactors, I certainly don’t know what does. Again; you absolutely will NOT agree with anything said by those you oppose.

Living in poverty does not constitute being a benefactor.
You absolutely WILL not even consider another viewpoint. You won't agree as well. Don't throw rocks in a glass house. So what is your point? I disagree with you that you can be slave and a benefactor?

Why do you respond within the quotes of others?

I feel like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 05:15 PM
 
235 posts, read 251,110 times
Reputation: 106
Default absolutely

yes it was.. i can post hundreds of articles on illegals costing taxpayers billions every year.. This country is broke because of them.. sad for the ones doing it right, but lots come here and use and abuse the system and they print up their own phony id's to scam us.. here in md. they use it to obtain a md. drivers license.. they get minimum insurance also. I was involved in a head on accident and sustained permanent injuries why this ah just moved on.. phony id and all. states attorney said he's probably driving with a md. license using another phony id..This is when i became an activist against illegals.. i'm fed up with them..Sorry that the good honest ones coming here may have to suffer for the ones that don't.. Another gripe i have is that they come here with the shirts off their back and have babies for welfare.. the more babies, the more money they get..They also found a homeowner in md. receiving more than 800 welfare checks a month.. they were paid $2000 for the use of their address to obtain welfare checks using phony id's. Many of these checks were going to 1 individual.. You should see what their driving here.. all new cars.. their scamming America and its taking its toll..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Wow!!! Awesome Post!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top