U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 09:43 AM

451 posts, read 1,015,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Frosty Wooldridge
April 4, 2007
As a nation, culture, language and people, the United States is in trouble. We’ve got Muslim terrorists trying to blow us up. We’ve got Mexicans colonizing us. We’ve got millions of the world’s poorest immigrating to our shores legally and illegally.
Excerpt

Quote:
In other words, I would not allow corporations to govern America.

3. I would enforce our immigration laws by locking up and prosecuting employers of illegal aliens. I’d do it slowly and methodically. I’d use my presidential power to create the greatest exodus of illegal aliens out of this country since Ike in 1954.

For those jobs requiring farm work, I would create the ‘pink card’ that lasts for three months. It would feature a finger print, picture ID and tax number. If you break the law by forging it, you instantly go to prison and you will never be allowed to come back as a seasonal worker again. If an employer doesn’t check it for authenticity, the employers is fined and locked up.

I would not allow guest workers to bring their kids. It’s not up to us to educate foreign children whatsoever. It’s up to their countries of origin.

I would create a ten year moratorium on all immigration. I understand that when the rate of immigration exceeds the rate of assimilation, it is a recipe for disintegration of our society. At the end of five years, I would allow a maximum of 100,000 annually and only if that maintains a stable population. They must speak English and no dual citizenship allowed. No more diversity visas and chain migration.

No amnesty now or ever for anyone breaking into America illegally. Go back home and come in the legal way, the American way. After all, it’s our country and it is the most successful country in the world.

4. I would mandate English as our national language. Knowing that a single language is the most cohesive aspect of a country, I would require all TV, radio, newspapers and government documents to be in English. If immigrants didn’t like this 230 year ‘aspect’ of America, they would be free to return to their own countries of origin. There would be no, “Push ‘1’ for Spanish and ‘2’ for English and ‘3’ for Arabic.”
Excerpt

Story Continues,
http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=23282

Thats what I'm talking about, I agree 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 11:37 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Frosty Rocks!

Old 04-07-2007, 02:22 AM

7,731 posts, read 11,942,361 times
They should deport every last one of them.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:16 PM

11,425 posts, read 16,657,386 times
If only it would come true

Old 04-09-2007, 01:23 AM

606 posts, read 503,836 times
and make Bush only the second worst president in the history.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:25 AM

newly immigrants want to learn english but they can't find the way,they need help.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:58 AM

592 posts, read 2,531,386 times
Default Did I read this right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
newly immigrants want to learn english but they can't find the way,they need help.
I'm curious about this...that is an argument I've never heard..

Old 04-09-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
I'm curious about this...that is an argument I've never heard..
Once upon a time...I've read some articles about it.Most of the details have escaped my memory.Anyway,it mentioned that a lot of people want to learn english but find no way.
Nearly all the newly immigrants want to be a part of the country,otherwise,why come?And nearly all the immigrants want to learn english.But it's not easy to learn a new language,especially for adults.If nobody teaches them,they will never learn how to speak.

By the way,I really think the government should deport illegal immigrants and give more opportunities to educated(at least college level)legal immigrants. Educated immigrants usually have skills to survive and know some english at least,and therefore,contribute to the community instead of damaging something.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
Really? Here in Southern California, adult schools which offer English as a second language, along with high school equivalency, are plentiful and free. Many high schools offer night time English classes for no charge as well.

It isn't a case of people not being able to find the help. It's a case of people not wanting to find the help.

It never ceases to amaze me how millions of LEGAL immigrants find the resources they need to learn English and American history in order to become new citizens of this country. Do you think American citizenship just might actually mean something to those who come here LEGALLY other than a free ride at the expense of the American taxpayer?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:53 AM

1,247 posts, read 658,885 times
There are also free English classes available in Florida, both private and public. Failure to learn English is no excuse. Resources are readily available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or