U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:11 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
It's not racist to suggest Hispanics don't learn English or have any desire to assimilate, but when I suggest there are many Asians who also don't speak English(like Hispanics, mostly new arrivals), it becomes racist?

In other words, it's offensive and racist to sully "good minorities" like Asians by comparing them to those Hispanics. Hm.

"Wow!" Oh Geez! Mercy!
Yes.. Many Illegal Aliens REFUSE to assimilate and become Citizens..Many expect others to speak the language of THEIR native countries..

The issue was never intended to be "racial" however you and your Pro-Amnesty compadres like to spin this into a racial issue.. IF we had a huge majority of Illegal Asians sneaking into this country, refusing to learn English and bringing Crime with them, then many including myself would have the same feelings..

By the way, Did Anyone watch "America's Most Wanted" last night? They talked about the hold of the Mexican drug cartels and how they are rapidly spilling over into the U.S. and many "good family men" that entered the U.S. Illegally are involved.. What gets me is that many of the people involved living in U.S. cities are NOT cooperating with the police, yet the lives of American citizens are at risk..

These cartels are nothing short of Terrorist organizations and honestly, we should bring the troops back from Iraq and deploy some to the U.S. Mexico border, also I wouldn't be opposed to utilizing some of those "Harsh Interrogation tactics" on some of those drug runners and drug lords that are infesting our city (and in some cases Small town U.S.A.) streets!

Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Yes.. Many Illegal Aliens REFUSE to assimilate and become Citizens..Many expect others to speak the language of THEIR native countries..

The issue was never intended to be "racial" however you and your Pro-Amnesty compadres like to spin this into a racial issue.. IF we had a huge majority of Illegal Asians sneaking into this country, refusing to learn English and bringing Crime with them, then many including myself would have the same feelings..

By the way, Did Anyone watch "America's Most Wanted" last night? They talked about the hold of the Mexican drug cartels and how they are rapidly spilling over into the U.S. and many "good family men" that entered the U.S. Illegally are involved.. What gets me is that many of the people involved living in U.S. cities are NOT cooperating with the police, yet the lives of American citizens are at risk..

These cartels are nothing short of Terrorist organizations and honestly, we should bring the troops back from Iraq and deploy some to the U.S. Mexico border, also I wouldn't be opposed to utilizing some of those "Harsh Interrogation tactics" on some of those drug runners and drug lords that are infesting our city (and in some cases Small town U.S.A.) streets!
If we (the USA) simply enforced the laws already on the books; using 'extralegal' tactics would not be necessary to intimidate the cartels, etc.

Why I say that is the severity of the punishment is not as critical as the odds of being caught. If one is caught/punished for a less severe crime 80% of the time----------that will lessen the odds of that same miscreant of committing a Felony because they are already spooked.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:55 PM

45 posts, read 53,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post

Actually you made it a racial issue with your shrieking "racism! racism!" when all I did is remark on the generalizations that all Asians come here speaking English and that all Hispanics don't.

And if you think the drug trade came here with illegal IMMIGRANTS, then you must've not gotten out much in high school...

Old 05-17-2009, 01:47 PM

807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
Actually you made it a racial issue with your shrieking "racism! racism!" when all I did is remark on the generalizations that all Asians come here speaking English and that all Hispanics don't.

And if you think the drug trade came here with illegal IMMIGRANTS, then you must've not gotten out much in high school...
More name-calling and no real solutions..

Given your record for race-baiting in these threads, I found it a bit hypocritical that you would make those types of remarks about Asian-Americans..Not shrieking "racism! racism!".. Nobody said that ALL Hispanics do not speak english.. The issue is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION not Hispanic Americans..

The drug trade has been AMPLIFIED with the failure by the Federal Government to secure the Southern Border.. Many of the most dangerous Notorious cartels originate in Mexico and many of the drug runners come into the U.S. Illegally.. It doesn't take a genius to know this..

Old 05-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Enough. There is no constructive discussion here.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration