Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joghurta View Post
Immigrants = Rapist

I got 3 proposals of my own for you:
1) Every Americans gets fingerprinted, his picture taken and his bank records canned as soon as he even tries to travel to another country.

2) We set up desert detention camps in the Sierra's of Spain or the backwoods of Germany where Americans can be held indefinitely w/o access to legal resources or even to their own embassy.

3) Any time an American works overseas and opens up his mouth (like you do), the employer get to threaten him with immediate deportation and forfeiture of all pay, lest he learns to shut up, bend over and take it like a b*tch.

You think my suggestions oure outrageous?
Immigrants (legal, illegal or schmelegal) are exposed to such treatments every day of the year in the US.

And with every extra step down that nasty road you turn this country more into a caricature of what it was meant to be.

And if you are ever in doubt about what the US was meant to be, then check out the founding fathers' motto stamped on the Great Seal of our country:
E Pluribus Unum -> Out of the many, ONE!

Every reasonable person is against illegal immigration, but what you folks r engaging in here is a damn witch hunt.
Maybe fewer six packs and more brain food would help you regain your proper bearings.
Guess what: if I am in another nation illegally and get caught----------oh well.

It would have been my bad choice that got me in trouble.

Again: quit dragging legal immigrants into the same cesspool as illegal aliens------------that is a slap in my father's face who came to the USA legally many years ago.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:43 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joghurta View Post
Immigrants = Rapist

I got 3 proposals of my own for you:
1) Every Americans gets fingerprinted, his picture taken and his bank records canned as soon as he even tries to travel to another country.

2) We set up desert detention camps in the Sierra's of Spain or the backwoods of Germany where Americans can be held indefinitely w/o access to legal resources or even to their own embassy.

3) Any time an American works overseas and opens up his mouth (like you do), the employer get to threaten him with immediate deportation and forfeiture of all pay, lest he learns to shut up, bend over and take it like a b*tch.

You think my suggestions oure outrageous?
Immigrants (legal, illegal or schmelegal) are exposed to such treatments every day of the year in the US.

And with every extra step down that nasty road you turn this country more into a caricature of what it was meant to be.

And if you are ever in doubt about what the US was meant to be, then check out the founding fathers' motto stamped on the Great Seal of our country:
E Pluribus Unum -> Out of the many, ONE!

Every reasonable person is against illegal immigration, but what you folks r engaging in here is a damn witch hunt.
Maybe fewer six packs and more brain food would help you regain your proper bearings.
I don't believe that anyone on this forum is advocating a "Witch Hunt" as you put it.. Wanting the laws to be enforced, and NOT wanting a group of people that have commited a criminal act by coming into this country to begin with to be able to commit identity theft and other crimes, is NOT some reactionary "Witch hunt"..

This forum is about ILLEGAL Immigrants, I love how you Pro-Amnesty folks like to mold it into "Immigrants".. Phlease! My Grandma and Mother were Immigrants who came to this country LEGALLY from Japan at a time when Americans weren't particularly friendly to Asian people, but you know what they and millions of other Immigrants from Asia did? They worked hard, learned ENGLISH, took the citizenship test and became AMERICAN Citizens!!!

Other immigrants from millions of other countries do the same EVERY year yet I don't hear them complaining about how horrible America is.. It seems that Illegal aliens and the Pro-Amnesty groups make it seem as though they speak for ALL Immigrants and talk about how "horrible America is" to them.. When this is definitely not the case.. Maybe these people should try returning to their homeland and pressing their governments to do more for them instead of being upset when Americans point out that they are getting their pocket picked, or that when it is pointed out that they have commited a criminal act by entering this country ILLEGALLY!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I don't believe that anyone on this forum is advocating a "Witch Hunt" as you put it.. Wanting the laws to be enforced, and NOT wanting a group of people that have commited a criminal act by coming into this country to begin with to be able to commit identity theft and other crimes, is NOT some reactionary "Witch hunt"..

This forum is about ILLEGAL Immigrants, I love how you Pro-Amnesty folks like to mold it into "Immigrants".. Phlease! My Grandma and Mother were Immigrants who came to this country LEGALLY from Japan at a time when Americans weren't particularly friendly to Asian people, but you know what they and millions of other Immigrants from Asia did? They worked hard, learned ENGLISH, took the citizenship test and became AMERICAN Citizens!!!

Other immigrants from millions of other countries do the same EVERY year yet I don't hear them complaining about how horrible America is.. It seems that Illegal aliens and the Pro-Amnesty groups make it seem as though they speak for ALL Immigrants and talk about how "horrible America is" to them.. When this is definitely not the case.. Maybe these people should try returning to their homeland and pressing their governments to do more for them instead of being upset when Americans point out that they are getting their pocket picked, or that when it is pointed out that they have commited a criminal act by entering this country ILLEGALLY!
You especially being 'mixed' race can indeed go toe to toe in a verbal sparring contest with the (mostly) Mestizo illegals/friends---------and, you would win.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
We wouldn't be saving any money. We'd pay $ to have either an agency set up or pay for cops to determine legal status.

We already pay the schools, no difference there, auto rate won't go down, if anything hospital costs will either remain the same or increase in many areas. Our prisons, mirror the same percentage of Hispanics relative to CA's population. The majority of those are legal. US born residents are three times more likely to be in prison. With our overcrowded prisons and a high legal population in them...things will still not look too great.

Taking away many town's tax bases in which a significant amount of people make over 40k a year as a family (true not a whole lot, but tech. middle class) will do more harm than good.

See, you fail to realize that government hardly spends less. With that in mind, a decrease in revenue only means more debt. Also, you fail to realize the costs it will take for deportation. You again fail to see the demographics of the prisons in CA. So yeah, burdening our already maxed out resources doesn't seem like a great idea. Creating jobs, which in turn creates revenue, does seem a like a decent idea.
As for schools, yes if there are fewer students there is considerably less cost. Some schools could be closed. Fewer Spanish speaking teachers would have to be brought in from foreign nations to educate the foreign students.

Hospitals costs would not go up with illegals back in their own country. That's ridiculous.

I don't see how any of those arguments justify making everyone who illegally steps foot over the border a citizen. Even if we don't round them all up, go door to door to find them, doesn't require they all be legalized or handed US citizen on a silver platter.

Leave them illegal. That was the choice they made and if any ever want to change that, nothing is stopping them from going home and starting over the right way -- unless they have a criminal record in which case they shouldn't be given legal status period.

Being here illegally shouldn't get them any "cuts in line" ahead of those people around the world that are already making the effort to come here legally. Many illegals originally intended to return home some day and there's no reason at all to try to change their minds.

Another reason to leave them illegal is that when and if they misbehave, they can be sent back home.

So no drama. No need to do door-to-door searches, no blockades on highways or checkpoints. Just add some more workplace crackdowns, eliminate the anchor baby citizenship since the 14th amendment was never meant to be a free pass around the immigration laws. Deport them as they make themselves known -- caught driving without insurance, loitering, committing other crimes, being public nuisances and so on. Leave them illegal and many will eventually decide they would rather go back home.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 AM

45 posts, read 61,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post

, but you know what they and millions of other Immigrants from Asia did? They worked hard, learned ENGLISH, took the citizenship test and became AMERICAN Citizens!!!

You could've fooled me the last times I've been through Asian enclaves.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 AM

45 posts, read 61,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You especially being 'mixed' race can indeed go toe to toe in a verbal sparring contest with the (mostly) Mestizo illegals/friends---------and, you would win.
Again, showing your fascination with racial battles. It seems to amuse you to see minorities battling it out.

Weird. I think the majority of people on either side of the issue reads gems like this one, and goes, "huh?"

Old 05-16-2009, 12:19 PM

147 posts, read 212,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Do you think that some of what is said on here is needlessly dramatic at times? Many threads are over generalized, dramatic, and doesn't aim at creating a viable solution. Instead they tend to polarize and incite an emotional reaction. What do you think? Also, do you think that ultimately the way to solve illegal immigration is not via some sort of comprimise (be it with illegal immigrants and/or those for illegal immigrant/immigrant rights).
I don't think that what is said on this forum is meant to be dramatic. You have to understand the animal. A lot of people are getting tired of the conditions that have come about and they have the right to express that (whether you're for or against the issue at hand). It IS a heated subject, and it is hitting closer and closer to home. IMO, there is no compromise for breaking laws. There has never been a crime that is known of where courts and judges have compromised with criminals and it should not be allowed, EVER!

Old 05-16-2009, 12:24 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
Wow! A Racist comment!! I am not surprised though considering some of the other ethnocentric comments that you have made on this board..

Old 05-16-2009, 12:48 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
Do you mean the Asian enclaves like Harvard, Stanford and MIT?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:51 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
It is funny to see how so called "anti-illegals" are so quick to defend other minorities who are not latino/hispanic from generalizations and other nasty comments. Let someone say one nasty generalization about hispanics and you get a bunch of Amens and IOU rep comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration