U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:31 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times
Reputation: 822

Advertisements

Do you think that some of what is said on here is needlessly dramatic at times? Many threads are over generalized, dramatic, and doesn't aim at creating a viable solution. Instead they tend to polarize and incite an emotional reaction. What do you think? Also, do you think that ultimately the way to solve illegal immigration is not via some sort of comprimise (be it with illegal immigrants and/or those for illegal immigrant/immigrant rights).

 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
It's like compromising with a rapist. No compromises. These people are criminals.

Some solutions I have:

1) Impose huge fines on anyone who hires or rents to criminal aliens.

2) Set up a hotline people can call to report criminal aliens or those hiring them. If information leads to convictions of employers or to deporations of criminal aliens, a reward can be provided. The money can be raised from the fines.

3) Any time a person is pulled over by the police or accused of committing a crime, citizenship or legal status will be verified. If it is determined the person is a criminal alien, he/she will be deported. If the crime is a felony, he/she will go through the regular trial process and imprisonment and will then be deported immediately.
 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17688
Illegal Immigrant rights? That in itself is an Oxymoron. If tax payers have to keep shoveling money towards programs that support people that aren't supposed to be here there is going to be drama and reactions. I don't work every day just to subsidize someone good at sneaking across our border. It's all financial for most taxpayers. We don't hire them and we are being fleeced.

Change that and we'll have something to talk about.
 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
It's like compromising with a rapist. No compromises. These people are criminals.

Some solutions I have:

1) Impose huge fines on anyone who hires or rents to criminal aliens.

2) Set up a hotline people can call to report criminal aliens or those hiring them. If information leads to convictions of employers or to deporations of criminal aliens, a reward can be provided. The money can be raised from the fines.

3) Any time a person is pulled over by the police or accused of committing a crime, citizenship or legal status will be verified. If it is determined the person is a criminal alien, he/she will be deported. If the crime is a felony, he/she will go through the regular trial process and imprisonment and will then be deported immediately.
Illegal immigrants and rapists? That's an odd comparison. They are people here trying to work cheaply to provide for their family. Not pyschologically and physically destroying people. That's what I'm talking about.

I guess to me some of your ideas seem like an overreaction. I can do with the fines (as a deterance...I do think that a viable deterant is needed). I guess coupled with an easier method of entry so that there will be no need to enter illegaly.
 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:48 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Illegal Immigrant rights? That in itself is an Oxymoron. If tax payers have to keep shoveling money towards programs that support people that aren't supposed to be here there is going to be drama and reactions. I don't work every day just to subsidize someone good at sneaking across our border. It's all financial for most taxpayers. We don't hire them and we are being fleeced.

Change that and we'll have something to talk about.
Think about it in more "Human Rights" terms...
 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:49 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Illegal immigrants and rapists? That's an odd comparison. They are people here trying to work cheaply to provide for their family. Not pyschologically and physically destroying people. That's what I'm talking about.

I guess to me some of your ideas seem like an overreaction. I can do with the fines (as a deterance...I do think that a viable deterant is needed). I guess coupled with an easier method of entry so that there will be no need to enter illegaly.
Half a million people a year entering legally is MORE than enough. We don't have natural resources to host every Countries poor. It's really quite simple. We are importing poverty we cannot afford and standing there like a deer in the head lights while it happens.
 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Think about it in more "Human Rights" terms...
Every person has the right to demand HUMANE TREATMENT in their own Country. PERIOD.
If you want out come here legally, don't extort or steal my money like a parasite.
 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:52 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Every person has the right to demand HUMANE TREATMENT in their own Country. PERIOD.
If you want out come here legally, don't extort or steal my money like a parasite.
What about those here already?
 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,681 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy
Think about it in more "Human Rights" terms...
What about the rights of citizens to demand that criminals face penalties for crimes that were committed intentionally?
 
Old 05-12-2009, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Illegal immigrants and rapists? That's an odd comparison. They are people here trying to work cheaply to provide for their family. Not pyschologically and physically destroying people. That's what I'm talking about.

I guess to me some of your ideas seem like an overreaction. I can do with the fines (as a deterance...I do think that a viable deterant is needed). I guess coupled with an easier method of entry so that there will be no need to enter illegaly.
Actually they are psychologically and physically destroying us. They're raping us of our tax money by entering the country and demanding it without our consent. Their kids are taking away from our kids' education in schools. I could go on and on.

They commit crimes (in addition to the crime of being in the country illegally) at much higher rates when compared to Americans. They commit identity theft on a regular basis, many other offenses as well.

One more thing - your use of the term "immigrant" is incorrect. They are not immigrants AT ALL. The proper term is alien.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top