U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Los Angeles, Ventura and San Diego will become the first counties in California to begin checking the immigration status of all inmates booked into jail as part of a national effort to identify and deport more illegal immigrants with criminal records.

Law enforcement officials in the three counties will begin running inmates' fingerprints through federal databases this month to see if they have had any contact with the immigration system. Immigration officials will place holds on those believed to be in the country illegally. Once the inmates have finished serving their sentences, they will be transferred to immigration custody for possible deportation.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...tory?track=rss

Nice planning. Perhaps it could've have been better if it was implemented before the death of Jamiel Shaw Jr.

Considering that all inmates will be screened the ACLU, La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF, etc. won't be able to claim that it's racially discriminative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
3 California counties will check immigration status as inmates enter jail - Los Angeles Times

Nice planning. Perhaps it could've have been better if it was implemented before the death of Jamiel Shaw Jr.

Considering that all inmates will be screened the ACLU, La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF, etc. won't be able to claim that it's racially discriminative.
Oh but they will when the numbers caught indicate that more hispanics than any other group are nailed.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Guys: that is very significant----------especially LA and SD counties starting to borrow a page from Sheriff Joe's handbook.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Oh but they will when the numbers caught indicate that more hispanics than any other group are nailed.
LULAC et al can go jump into a lake------------the party is now over and it is high time to take out the trash.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:17 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,078,551 times
you guys beat me to the punch. i was ready to start a thread.

i guess the pilot program worked.

im actually for this.

the problem i forsee is that many more people will try to evade police because they know that they will be questioned about immigration status. i wish they would have been more stealth about this. kept it a secret for a while. conversely, i hope this makes people be on their best behaviour.

it will be interesting to see the results.

and this begs the question... does the lawsuit brought against the LASD byt the shaws hold water? it can very well be argued that the county was in the process of instituting these policies. did the LASD really have the tools to identify illegals? what was the hold up? would the guilty party then be federal govt?

hmmmmmmmmm

Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 PM

oh and they need to make sure to check all inmates for HIV and other communicable diseases...

Old 05-13-2009, 11:04 PM

807 posts, read 1,117,599 times
Wow! Common Sense surfacing in California? San Diego, Ventura, and Los Angeles County.. Hopefully others in California will soon follow suit..

Old 05-14-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Wow! Common Sense surfacing in California? San Diego, Ventura, and Los Angeles County.. Hopefully others in California will soon follow suit..
Remember; I still keep having the feeling that when California turns against the illegal aliens and their enablers, it will be sudden and very harsh.

The breaking point is fast approaching; probably the 'last straw' will be a bunch of la raza types demonstrating for amnesty and triggering a riot.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:08 PM

well i think all these streps will actually enable selling amnesty.

i think that might be the master plan.

verify permission to work. force those jobless fence sitters (and others) out. secure the borders. impose fines and punishments. search for the the bad apples.

it leaves us with mostly honest, hard working people.

that equals amnesty.

its a strategy that might work.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:59 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,091,418 times
They'll still have to clamp down social services OR change the second so the magnet isn't still there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or