Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 12:46 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,525,324 times

Advertisements

They always fail to mention the fact that this “immigrant” is an illegal alien. He is also a member of the barbaric MS-13 gang, which proved to be an important factor during jury selection. Apparently, many were afraid they would be murdered if they returned a guilty verdict.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CBS/AP) After deliberating over parts of four days, the jury in the Chandra Levy murder trial found Ingmar Guandiqu of guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Washington intern Chandra Levy nearly a decade ago.
Chandra Levy Murder Verdict: Immigrant Found Guilty in 2001 Death of Federal Intern - Crimesider - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 12:52 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,465,570 times
Of course it was an illegal immigrant. I am not surprised.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,352,134 times
I actually did read an article that referred to his illegal status.

This is the sort of thing that really irks me about the people who throw up the statute of liberty's "give me your tired, poor, etc." saying, and think we should just open the door wide open because, oh, don't we just feel so sorry for these people?

Illegal immigration is a problem because we have a right to decide who does and does not get allowed into the country. Period. Enforcement of our laws means we can background check "migrants" and make sure they are the kind of people we WANT to live here. The REAL hardworking ones. Not the opportunistic criminals and gang members.

We have enough murderes, whackos and criminals of our own, that we don't need to be importing "migrants" to do the crimes that Americans won't do. So many illegal immigrant apologists (so many with ethnic affinity for illegal immigrants in their own communities) just don't seem to care about the real, tangible toll on American lives. It is unacceptable.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:32 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,525,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I actually did read an article that referred to his illegal status.

This is the sort of thing that really irks me about the people who throw up the statute of liberty's "give me your tired, poor, etc." saying, and think we should just open the door wide open because, oh, don't we just feel so sorry for these people?

Illegal immigration is a problem because we have a right to decide who does and does not get allowed into the country. Period. Enforcement of our laws means we can background check "migrants" and make sure they are the kind of people we WANT to live here. The REAL hardworking ones. Not the opportunistic criminals and gang members.

We have enough murderes, whackos and criminals of our own, that we don't need to be importing "migrants" to do the crimes that Americans won't do. So many illegal immigrant apologists (so many with ethnic affinity for illegal immigrants in their own communities) just don't seem to care about the real, tangible toll on American lives. It is unacceptable.
Rather than acknowledging the fact that “some” illegal aliens are a menace, pro-illegals continue to defend their criminal behavior by comparing the crime stats of citizens, as if that mitigates the problem. It’s sad that shared ethnicity has blinded so many. They simply refuse to condemn “their own,” even when they are guilty of committing heinous crimes. That’s a pathology I will never comprehend

Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 AM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Rather than acknowledging the fact that “some” illegal aliens are a menace, pro-illegals continue to defend their criminal behavior by comparing the crime stats of citizens, as if that mitigates the problem. It’s sad that shared ethnicity has blinded so many. They simply refuse to condemn “their own,” even when they are guilty of committing heinous crimes. That’s a pathology I will never comprehend
I'm with ya. Your skin color should not sway your beliefs one way or another nor should religion.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:26 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,290,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is a tribal/cultural thing. That is why it just doesn't fit with American culture where nationality comes before ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration