U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2010, 01:18 PM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,098,884 times
Reputation: 479

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
It wasn't the Social Security Administration who came after me when my problem was discovered, it was the IRS who came after me for all that income that didn't appear on my federal return. I had to jump thru many, many hoops to prove it was not me working in Nevada and making that income while declaring on my original tax form so many dependants that I was paying virtually no Federal tax thru payroll deductions. During the time my number was being used illegally I was working in NYC for a city agency that recieved the majority of its funding from the feds and still it was up to me to prove that it wasn't me working in Nevada, thru sworn affidavits from my supervisors and signed payroll sheets etc. In the case of the IRS I guess you are guilty until you yourself can prove you're not the person who is defrauding them. Even paperwork from my supervisors wasn't enough and it took a long time and many sleepless nights to get it straightened out and to save me from having to pay massive fines for trying to defraud, they told me that at the time I reach retirement age it should not surprise me to have it all dredged up again. They do know from employees at the place in Nevada that the person using my number was from south of the border. So to the people who stand up for the illegals may I just say, I hope they do to you what they did to me.
Why was it so difficult to establish where you were actually working? Why is the IRS upset they are receiving tax revenue? They even issue tax payer IDs to make their jobs simpler. How to communicate with the public sector should be a required course before leaving high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2010, 01:23 PM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,098,884 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Market friendly visa? Translation, make sure the greedy employees have access to as much cheap foreign labor as they can get so that Americans can't compete for a liveable wage.

As I have already asked, how would this solve our illegal immigration problem when there are millions across the world that would like to migrate here that we do not have jobs and resources for?
Do we really need minimum wage laws in the US, if a person could apply for unemployment compensation by claiming to be naturally unemployed?

Revenue from foreign labor participating legally and paying the usual and customary taxes could be accomplished by a market friendly work visa. Some of that revenue could be used to fund unemployment compensation on an at-will basis for US labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Do we really need minimum wage laws in the US, if a person could apply for unemployment compensation by claiming to be naturally unemployed?

Revenue from foreign labor participating legally and paying the usual and customary taxes could be accomplished by a market friendly work visa. Some of that revenue could be used to fund unemployment compensation on an at-will basis for US labor.
If tye employers can prove that they cannot find an Americans do to a job at a fair wage then I have no problem with legal foreign workers coming here. So what do you mean by "market friendly" visas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
It wasn't the Social Security Administration who came after me when my problem was discovered, it was the IRS who came after me for all that income that didn't appear on my federal return. I had to jump thru many, many hoops to prove it was not me working in Nevada and making that income while declaring on my original tax form so many dependants that I was paying virtually no Federal tax thru payroll deductions. During the time my number was being used illegally I was working in NYC for a city agency that recieved the majority of its funding from the feds and still it was up to me to prove that it wasn't me working in Nevada, thru sworn affidavits from my supervisors and signed payroll sheets etc. In the case of the IRS I guess you are guilty until you yourself can prove you're not the person who is defrauding them. Even paperwork from my supervisors wasn't enough and it took a long time and many sleepless nights to get it straightened out and to save me from having to pay massive fines for trying to defraud, they told me that at the time I reach retirement age it should not surprise me to have it all dredged up again. They do know from employees at the place in Nevada that the person using my number was from south of the border. So to the people who stand up for the illegals may I just say, I hope they do to you what they did to me.

I'm wondering why you aren't as famous as "Nicky" right now. You really should e mail Fox news and give them your story. People need to hear it.
I'm sorry you had to go through this. It must have been a nightmare!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:34 PM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,098,884 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If tye employers can prove that they cannot find an Americans do to a job at a fair wage then I have no problem with legal foreign workers coming here. So what do you mean by "market friendly" visas?
That is not what I call a market friendly work visa. A work visa would simply be the legal right to participate in US labor markets.

Those visas should simply be sold like tourist visas, but with work authorization. We could be generating revenue from anyone willing to purchase that right, regardless if they obtain a job or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 07:17 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
That is not what I call a market friendly work visa. A work visa would simply be the legal right to participate in US labor markets.

Those visas should simply be sold like tourist visas, but with work authorization. We could be generating revenue from anyone willing to purchase that right, regardless if they obtain a job or not.
It makes no sense to sell our jobs to the highest bidder by pitting foreign workers against our American workers. That is what you are suggesting that a foreinger be allowed to compete against them by obtaining a visa to do so. If we need foreign workers because of a shortage of American workers that is one thing but allowing them to come here and compete against Americans in their own country for jobs is a ridiculous idea. Whose country is this anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:44 PM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,098,884 times
Reputation: 479
Generating revenue from foreign labor wanting to participate in US markets makes fiscally responsible sense.

US labor could opt for unemployment compensation if competing with foreign labor in the US is too difficult. US labor would have the option of going to school, or learning a new and more marketable vocation in order to compete more effectively with foreign labor in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:54 PM
 
1,595 posts, read 2,276,823 times
Reputation: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
How is it not affecting the real SS# owner? They're the ones stuck with the un-declared income and unpaid taxes at the end of the year because some illegal stole their SS# and worked a year using it.

what happens if the illegal tries to draw out the SS $ on the SS number when he/she is old enough to retire and the real SS #owner wants to draw $$ from it? This is assuming there ever really were $$ put into the SS # the illegal used from the employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:58 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Generating revenue from foreign labor wanting to participate in US markets makes fiscally responsible sense.

US labor could opt for unemployment compensation if competing with foreign labor in the US is too difficult. US labor would have the option of going to school, or learning a new and more marketable vocation in order to compete more effectively with foreign labor in the US.
There are so many things wrong with these ideas that I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 04:07 PM
 
1,595 posts, read 2,276,823 times
Reputation: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the states must stand up and defend themselves, the federal government simply refuses to do its basic functions.
Heh, the States will never do that. They don't like it when proven to be conned. I called on scammers once and was told even if what I am reporting is the truth....are you ready?.....It is against the law for me to report them. Yep that's what I was told. See apparently after all the Doctors the so called disabled person goes to and all the verifying to the State that this person is in fact disabled they no longer want to know sh$t about that person. Hand out the checks no matter what. Even when they aren't permanently disabled for life and obviously can do anything they want except shovel snow in public. Oh but they can mow their lawn, walk, drive, shop, go to the pub, fix up around the house. Then spend most of their time just sitting around all day and gain so much weight they become obese on top of the so called disability they had for a few months after surgery or therapy. A majority of people on disability are not disabled for life but the States won't admit to that.


Want to create jobs ...hire inspectors, who won't take a payoff, to catch these people in the act and get them out of the system. Maybe we really do need more street cameras for crimes other than robbery, rape, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top