Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,041 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Haiti for 13 years and then I moved to USA because of the violence and kidnapping there. I was not rich, but I was not living a poor life either. I made friends with people who had a lot of money at my school. One of thing that I disliked about them was the fact that they always tend to criticize other people with no opportunities.
Most rich people in Haiti are selfish. Instead of helping the poor, they just humiliate them. Just like I made friends with rich people, I also had poor friends. The reason why was because my mom would pay school for some of them.
If you are not living the same life as these people, you can never know how hard it is for them. They would wake up having no hope of finding food for the day. Receiving $3 feels like winning the lottery.
Those who come to USA by boat would spend years saving money by starving to pay for the trip. I don't fault them for trying to get a better life, especially those with a family to take care of. It's not that what they're doing is right, but still I don't fault them.
Before coming to the US every Haitians expect here to be paradise because of what they heard from other ignorant people talking.
I understand that it is not US responsibilities to take care of them. Pushing them away is not the solution. These people coming from misery know hard works. They can be useful here and can work.
As much as you find Haitian criminals in Florida, there are also lots of Haitians lawyers, doctors, nurses, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 02:39 PM

103 posts, read 147,988 times
those that come here illegally need to be sent back. sorry your country so bad .

Old 09-15-2009, 03:20 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
Haiti is the poorest country in the world, now put your self in their shows, think of how selfish you are being right now.
This person writes like he is part of the problem...

Old 09-15-2009, 06:20 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
I'm really tired of being the only country trying to bail out the whole world. These other countries and governments need to start taking care of themselves. All the crap and distressed should not be coming to Florida. I for one do not want to pay for it.
We're not the only country; Western Europe, Canada, and Australia are very popular refugee points.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:26 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
psouth: It's a given for areas with immigrant populations to have services in alternate languages; I see no reason why to feel bitterness about it.

In Houston the major alternate languages are Spanish, Vietnamese, and Mandarin Chinese.

Likewise parts of Florida and New York City have Haitian Creole because those places are popular with Haitians.

Psouth, the United States needs political support and does not exist in a vacuum. Relief efforts in other countries are politically required, because what happens over there can hurt us over here. We need to be proactive about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
I guess you don't live in S. Florida because many credit card machines are now in Creole. You hear this gibberish language everywhere you go. We have enough of our own problems. I don't think we need to be rebuilding the poorest stone age country of Haiti. No matter what we do there things would not improve. It would have to be built from the ground up starting with the industrial revolution. It is just too much of a lost society. That is their problem and their government's problem. They are coming here illegally and driving illegally and commiting all kinds of crimes. There are also plenty of Haitian gangs wreaking havoc even on each other. They are taking up plenty of jail cells. Not to mention the AIDS and other diseases they are bringing in for the rest of us. Thank you very much. By the way, half of the Haitians in S. Florida are already here illegally since they come by boat practically every night. They should all be shipped back to Haiti at their own expense. If they can pay the smugglers to come here to begin with then they can pay to go back. I am sick of all the impoverished and criminals and just plain lost coming to America. It is ruining our country and forcing us backward.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,726 times
Default Give us a break

Due to the fact Florida unemployment rate is at over 10% now and I'm having to stay at a job that is a hostile environment. I work for Non-profit help the homeless people now why should I have to keep giving more and more to non-working people? I don't think it's a good IDEA to bring over more unemployable people that we have to use our tax dollars to support..... I'm over this give everything to the poor and homeless. While I bust my butt 6 days a week and can hardly support my own family on what I take home after the government takes what they want. I don't get any help from anyone to support myself and family. Why should my tax dollar be used to help those who are not even American. I don't think working people should have to support others do you?This is a really stupid plan!

Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM

183 posts, read 242,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia9 View Post
I understand that it is not US responsibilities to take care of them. Pushing them away is not the solution. These people coming from misery know hard works. They can be useful here and can work.
As much as you find Haitian criminals in Florida, there are also lots of Haitians lawyers, doctors, nurses, etc....
What people cant seem to grasp and dont understand is this. WE DONT HAVE ANY WORK HERE TO OFFER THEM! Us Americans are fighting for jobs and those that are lucky enough to still have jobs are struggeling to hold them. Illegals have taken them all. We have no work to offer. Were support these illegals with BORROWED MONEY! Money we borrowed to support them instead of helping us get where we need to be. Bring them here ad our issues will only get worse. Im not saying dont help. Im saying help them over there. Dont bring them here. We have no work or money to offer these people. Not to mention we can not take the chance of another outbreaks of disease.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:54 PM

917 posts, read 2,615,281 times
Quote:
More people were jobless in Florida last month than live in the state of Rhode Island.

Florida Unemployment Numbers Increase in December - ABC News

Old 01-28-2010, 06:34 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
What people cant seem to grasp and dont understand is this. WE DONT HAVE ANY WORK HERE TO OFFER THEM! Us Americans are fighting for jobs and those that are lucky enough to still have jobs are struggeling to hold them. Illegals have taken them all. We have no work to offer. Were support these illegals with BORROWED MONEY! Money we borrowed to support them instead of helping us get where we need to be. Bring them here ad our issues will only get worse. Im not saying dont help. Im saying help them over there. Dont bring them here. We have no work or money to offer these people. Not to mention we can not take the chance of another outbreaks of disease.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,186 times
Thumbs down Bs

This Is BS all the way around - we need to start checking them just like AZ.
If you are here illegally you need to go home - all the islands around Haiti export them home if they are not legally working in the country - we need to adapt this same policy - the country is and always had been in ruins and they will never change they look to the US to get the out of another mess like always - they are not self sportive country and never will be based on their history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration