U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:16 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Illegal Aliens in Maintenance Raise Safety Questions
Illegal immigrants take care of our children, pick our strawberries, drive our taxis, and play a vital, if not underground, role in the U.S. economy. So it was no surprise this past March when the federal government uncovered 27 illegal aliens working at aircraft maintainer TIMCO at Piedmont/Triad Airport in Greensboro, North Carolina and then arrested 14 more working as janitors at Boston Logan Airport. A raid on paint company Leading Edge Aviation in Amarillo, Texas early this year also netted 39 illegal aliens working in the hangar.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents have arrested 1,000 illegal aliens working in various U.S. aviation businesses in the last year.
ICE, part of the Department of Homeland Security, has conducted investigations at 196 airports and audited more than 5,800 businesses under what it calls Operation Tarmac. The ongoing sting targets employers and unauthorized workers who have access to sensitive areas at airports. More than 5,800 unauthorized airport workers have been identified, and in addition to the 1,000 arrests, ICE has issued 775 criminal indictments.
It's clear that the system has broken down when illegal workers numbering in the hundreds and thousands are using fraudulent driver's licenses, social security numbers, and counterfeit immigration residence cards to obtain employment at airports, maintenance companies, defense contractors, and aerospace manufacturers.

Aviation Maintenance Magazine :: News
Apparently, despite being the recipient of a $499,950 grant which was awarded by the National Science Foundation to Texas Tarrant County College (TCC) and four partner institutions, this continues to be an ongoing problem from as far back as 2005. Apparently, the grant money that they received in order to eliminate this problem was used to put more illegals on the payroll.

I wonder how many of these greedy executives allow their loved ones to book flights on their illegal alien "maintained" aircraft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 10:19 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Apparently, despite being the $499,950 grant that was awarded by a National Science Foundation to Texas's Tarrant County College (TCC) and four partner institutions this continues to be an ongoing problem since it's discovery as early as 2005. Apparently, the grant money that they received in order to eliminate this problem was used to put more illegals on the payroll.

I wonder how many of these greedy executives allow their loved ones to book flights on their illegal alien "maintained" aircraft.
I think it’s safe to assume the answer to that is ZERO.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think it’s safe to assume the answer to that is ZERO.
As usual, I'm sure you are correct. Of course you do know that rest of our lives aren't nearly as valuable as theirs or their loved ones.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
As usual, I'm sure you are correct. Of course you do know that rest of our lives aren't nearly as valuable as theirs or their loved ones.
Clearly, we mean nothing to these loathsome creatures.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:56 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
This is serious, greed dehumanizes everything, people stop being people or meaning anything

"Only after the last tree has been cut down.
Only after the last river has been poisoned.
Only after the last fish has been caught.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."

- Cree Indian Prophecy

Old 05-17-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
This is serious, greed dehumanizes everything, people stop being people or meaning anything

"Only after the last tree has been cut down.
Only after the last river has been poisoned.
Only after the last fish has been caught.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."

- Cree Indian Prophecy
It is indeed serious greed. Unfortunately, those who profit from it have assigned a less than minimum wage dollar value to the lives of those who will unwillingly become victims of their greed.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:51 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
IMO, the f'ing greedy employers are the heart of this problem. I'm not giving a free ticket to people who come here illegally, but if the carrot wasn't dangled in front of them constantly by these aholes it would not be as much of a problem.

And you're dang right these greedy corporate CEOs aren't letting their families fly on aircraft maintained by unqualified/underpaid workers.

You want to know where my real hatred lies in this whole mess? With the greedy corporate enabling b*stards.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
IMO, the f'ing greedy employers are the heart of this problem. I'm not giving a free ticket to people who come here illegally, but if the carrot wasn't dangled in front of them constantly by these aholes it would not be as much of a problem.

And you're dang right these greedy corporate CEOs aren't letting their families fly on aircraft maintained by unqualified/underpaid workers.

You want to know where my real hatred lies in this whole mess? With the greedy corporate enabling b*stards.
I wholeheartedly agree. They are the fuel that runs the illegal immigration machine. As you stated, if not for these greedy dogs hiring illegals, they could not work in this country. They all need to forfeit all assets, and rot in jail.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:46 PM

45 posts, read 53,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Clearly, we mean nothing to these loathsome creatures.
And clearly, these "loathsome creatures"(all illegal immigrants?) don't mean much to you either.
I don't know how them working has anything to do with how much they care about you personally..

You guys should boycott airplanes, since they have been infected with the illegal virus.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
And clearly, these "loathsome creatures"(all illegal immigrants?) don't mean much to you either.
I don't know how them working has anything to do with how much they care about you personally..

You guys should boycott airplanes, since they have been infected with the illegal virus.
Had you actually read the post I was responding to, you would realize the “loathsome creatures” are the greedy employers of illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration