U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 12:31 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,798,792 times

Advertisements

There are many other unfortunate side effects to this as well. FAA certified service stations who ONLY hire competent, certified mechanics are now suffering as well. Instead of going to these businesses, which pay their employees well and provide benefits, Jet owners are going to these sleazy shops to get work done for cheaper. This takes jobs and work away from the responsible companies. Basically, the responsible companies are being punished for being reputable, legal companies.

It's a bummer in this industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 01:31 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Here you go, let me put a spin on this, then you can point fingers and scream racist all you want. I don't mind calling these illegals from Mexico "loathesome
creatures" right out of the chute. Thats exactly what they are. They should be deported and the employers Shot at dawn.

Exploited my a-s. Do you want 747s falling out of the sky?? Just how well do you think these SOBs (and you can take that any way you want) could maintain jet engines even if they could read & write english? Ever been in a taxi in cuidad Juarez? Bailing wire & bubble gum on wheels. Just where the hell is the FAA. Air Frames ?? They can't possibly have the engineering skills to get within 20miles of that licence. About all they would be any good at is spray painting graffiti or gang tags (if there was a hardware store near by) on the tail of the plane. Maybe paint a giant taco on the fuselage, huh ?

Where is the outrage on this? Do you think these "people" care who they kill ? They come here with the intention of stealing American jobs. Personally I am sick of hearing about the plight of the "poor Mexican" that just came here to feed his family back in donkey town Mexico, and just happened to "have 4 anchor" babies. At this point I just need to say "my I don't give a damn" is busted. Wake up , we are the ones being exploited.
Absolutely. That needed to be said!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:35 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,087,007 times
airplane mechanics are requuired to be certified. We may need to step up enforcement, but the laws are on the books for this.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There are many other unfortunate side effects to this as well. FAA certified service stations who ONLY hire competent, certified mechanics are now suffering as well. Instead of going to these businesses, which pay their employees well and provide benefits, Jet owners are going to these sleazy shops to get work done for cheaper. This takes jobs and work away from the responsible companies. Basically, the responsible companies are being punished for being reputable, legal companies.

It's a bummer in this industry.
Scumbag employers who hire illegals create a ripple effect in whatever industry they're hiring illegals in. The scumbag employer's competition, at a big labor disadvantage, gradually succumbs and start hiring illegals too or faces going out of business. The end result: at some point everyone is hiring illegals and therefore no one then has any labor advantage anymore. Every employer is back to square one. However the effects are devastating on America. Shoddy illegal alien work, millions of displaced American workers, millions of illegal aliens ruining America and being subsidized by our %&$#@(% bought off corrupt fed gov. This is the truth that you won't hear from the IA Chamber of Commerce or La Racist.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:02 PM

804 posts, read 1,175,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Scumbag employers who hire illegals create a ripple effect in whatever industry they're hiring illegals in. The scumbag employer's competition, at a big labor disadvantage, gradually succumbs and start hiring illegals too or faces going out of business. The end result: at some point everyone is hiring illegals and therefore no one then has any labor advantage anymore. Every employer is back to square one. However the effects are devastating on America. Shoddy illegal alien work, millions of displaced American workers, millions of illegal aliens ruining America and being subsidized by our %&$#@(% bought off corrupt fed gov. This is the truth that you won't hear from the IA Chamber of Commerce or La Racist.
But, why do you stop at the employers? If they are hiring illegal labor then they are illegal businesses. If you hire their services or buy their products, then doesn't it make you an accomplice as well.

I would think that if you were any serious at removing illegal aliens from the business food chain then you would stop buying the cheaper products they produce and opt for the higher priced alternatives. That is, if you think having a U.S. citizen do the work is worthed the premium.

Or starting businesses that do the same as the ones that hire illegals and hire U.S. citizens. And market to people who are willing to support it.

I think if people were willing to make the sacrifice and not just talk then businesses would change their habits. But I don't think thats the case, It's really easy to complain and do nothing and I think that is what's going to happen. On the mean time I'll enjoy the cheap produce, wal-mart's low prices, and between many other things, hopefully soon, a live-in maid.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:20 PM

32,807 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
But, why do you stop at the employers? If they are hiring illegal labor then they are illegal businesses. If you hire their services or buy their products, then doesn't it make you an accomplice as well.

I would think that if you were any serious at removing illegal aliens from the business food chain then you would stop buying the cheaper products they produce and opt for the higher priced alternatives. That is, if you think having a U.S. citizen do the work is worthed the premium.

Or starting businesses that do the same as the ones that hire illegals and hire U.S. citizens. And market to people who are willing to support it.

I think if people were willing to make the sacrifice and not just talk then businesses would change their habits. But I don't think thats the case, It's really easy to complain and do nothing and I think that is what's going to happen. On the mean time I'll enjoy the cheap produce, wal-mart's low prices, and between many other things, hopefully soon, a live-in maid.
If I was buying an airplane and knew this was happening I wouldn't touch it , no way. My Dad is a pilot and I've already informed him that this is happening. Scary stuff.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 05-19-2009 at 06:37 PM..

Old 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If I was buying an airplane and knew this was happening I wouldn't touch it , no way.
But you do flight using airlines, How much more are you willing to pay to make sure no illegals worked on your plane, mechanics, food service, cleaning service?

Would you be willing to stop flying if they all employed illegals? Or fly charter and make sure everything is done to the law?

How much of a personal sacrifice are you willing to do in order to ensure that you do not support a business that employs illegals? The only reason these business use them and thrive, is because they count on you to support them.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 PM

32,807 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
But you do flight using airlines, How much more are you willing to pay to make sure no illegals worked on your plane, mechanics, food service, cleaning service?

Would you be willing to stop flying if they all employed illegals? Or fly charter and make sure everything is done to the law?

How much of a personal sacrifice are you willing to do in order to ensure that you do not support a business that employs illegals? The only reason these business use them and thrive, is because they count on you to support them.
If I knew one airline used them I'd fly another. If I knew all used them I'd take a bus. Seriously.

You can break down in a boat and be fine, you break down in a plane you are screwed.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:50 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:

WRONG!

Using such reasoning would make you culpable for dealing with any business that is committing a Felony.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
WRONG!

Using such reasoning would make you culpable for dealing with any business that is committing a Felony.
Right, If you benefit a business that is benefiting from a crime, then you are benefiting from the crime as well. I think a related term would be blood money. If confronted I guess you can plead ignorance, but again if you really care about the problem then you would go out of your way to be well informed and to inform others.

It's like "environmentalist" who drive a Hybrid and choose to ignore the carbon footprint of the battery and it's replacement 3 years later, and another components.

In this case, I would consider myself culpable from profiting from illegal aliens labor. It's just convenient. It's that simple. I even hold stocks of some of them, even more directly incriminating them. The fact that prosecuting you for shopping at Wal-mart would be unreasonable and logistically impossible, doesn't make it any less of a crime.

If you were to buy a blood diamond from an X company and you think suspect or know it's a blood diamond then by your actions you are supporting the regimes that exports such diamonds, looking the other way and pretending that you are a law abiding citizen because noone caught you does not make it any less of a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration