U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:28 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times

Advertisements

yes, those mexican indians! dont they know, martha says redish peach, or peachish red is sooooooo 2004!

you never seem to suprise me with these royal proclamations.

anyhow i too read an article talking about the disparity in foreclosures. but it seems that they noted this inbalance in US born latinos. the rate of foreclosre was increasing at a fast rate for native born latinos.

i will find that article...

a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Quite a few houses here in the Phx area that were foreclosed upon were probably owned by illegal aliens from Mexico...............why I say that is the garish paint jobs inside of many of said homes are indicative of Mexican Indians.

In fact: a friend of mine is waiting for escrow to close so she can have her house repainted back to normal colors-------------the interior walls were painted a peach Red color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:46 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
The Central Valley in California (my home area) had one of the highest foreclosure rates in the Nation during the housing bust in 2008, but also saw one of the biggest Real Estate "BOOMS" during 2005 - 2006..

There were many illegal aliens building the new mini-mansions, suburban divisions and based on what I had seen, living in them too.. I thought to myself "How can they afford to live in a brand new home?".. I received my answer during the bust when it was discovered that Easy credit and lending practices to people that had no business owning homes to begin with began to collapse AND Those same homes were now vacant and had giant "Foreclosure" signs on the now Yellow and Browning grass (that is the homes in which the grass wasn't dug up just to put plain dirt and cactusses).
That’s the crux of the problem. They were approving $500,000 loans to people making less than $10/hr.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:49 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
yes, those mexican indians! dont they know, martha says redish peach, or peachish red is sooooooo 2004!

you never seem to suprise me with these royal proclamations.

anyhow i too read an article talking about the disparity in foreclosures. but it seems that they noted this inbalance in US born latinos. the rate of foreclosre was increasing at a fast rate for native born latinos.

i will find that article...
According to the NY Post:

Quote:
Regional reports across the country have decried the subprime meltdown's impact on illegal-immigrant "victims." A July report showed that in seven of the 10 metro areas with the highest foreclosure rates, Hispanics were at least one-third of the population; in two of those areas - Merced and Salinas-Monterey, Calif. - Hispanics comprised half the population. The National Council of La Raza and its Development Fund have received millions in federal funds to "counsel" their constituents on obtaining mortgages with little to no money down; the group almost succeeded in attaching a $10 million earmark for itself in one of the housing bills passed this spring.
ILLEGAL ALIENS & THE MORTGAGE MESS - New York Post

Old 05-18-2009, 06:54 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Regional reports across the country have decried the subprime meltdown's impact on illegal-immigrant "victims."
Funny, illegal aliens are always the “victim.” I’m sorry, but if you’re only making $8.50/hr, and you don’t realize you can’t afford a $500,000 mortgage loan, something is seriously wrong in the brain matter department.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:16 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
this talks about hispanics, it doesnt say legal. the article i read was recent and it cited the pew research.

still looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
According to the NY Post:

Old 05-18-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Funny, illegal aliens are always the “victim.” I’m sorry, but if you’re only making $8.50/hr, and you don’t realize you can’t afford a $500,000 mortgage loan, something is seriously wrong in the brain matter department.
Bingo. This is nothing less than one of many examples of their lack of personal responsibility for the messes they make of their lives and the lives of American taxpayers and our future generations. I have yet to see a legitimate reason why we should gleefully embrace all 20 million of them as fellow Americans.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM

62 posts, read 121,727 times
Default Another one bites the dust!

Last month the illegal on our street (bought in 2005) moved out bag and baggage. His list of bills: a $12,000 property tax bill; gas bill, electric bill, water bill, etc. The front yard was a mess and neighbors got together and cleaned it up. He also left with his ten cars, thank God! It will be a while before it is put up for auction. It took four years of Code Enforcement and finally a court date was set and he would have been fined heavily for the vehicles and other infractions. His atty advised him to move as he was going to be evicted anyway. In California if the emergency propositions don't pass the MediCal payments will be terminated for many of these illegals.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this talks about hispanics, it doesnt say legal. The article i read was recent and it cited the pew research.

Still looking.
I doubt that the New York Post would risk being sued for publication of false articles. What you claim to have read recently does not give credibility to your proclamation, nor does it negate what was written by the NY Post:
Quote:

Fraudsters also have engaged in house-flipping rings using illegal aliens as straw buyers. Among many examples the fbi cites: A conspiracy in las vegas involving a former nevada first residential mortgage company branch manager who directed loan officers and processors in the origination of 233 fraudulent federal housing authority loans valued at over $25 million. the defrauders made and submitted false employment and income documentation for borrowers; most were illegal immigrants from mexico. to date, the fbi reported, "fifty-eight loans with a total value of $6.2 million have gone into default, with a loss to the housing and urban development department of over $1.9 million."

in an interview about rampant illegal-alien home-loan fraud, a spokeswoman for the us general accounting office told me five years ago: "considering the size of los angeles, new york, chicago, houston and other large cities throughout the united states known to be inundated with illegal aliens, i don't think the federal government is willing to expose this problem for financial reasons as well as for fear of political repercussions."

illegal aliens & the mortgage mess - new york post

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-18-2009 at 08:01 PM..

Old 05-18-2009, 08:50 PM

807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddana View Post
Last month the illegal on our street (bought in 2005) moved out bag and baggage. His list of bills: a $12,000 property tax bill; gas bill, electric bill, water bill, etc. The front yard was a mess and neighbors got together and cleaned it up. He also left with his ten cars, thank God! It will be a while before it is put up for auction. It took four years of Code Enforcement and finally a court date was set and he would have been fined heavily for the vehicles and other infractions. His atty advised him to move as he was going to be evicted anyway. In California if the emergency propositions don't pass the MediCal payments will be terminated for many of these illegals.

It's NOT looking pretty for those "Emergency" Propositions either despite Schwarzenegger and the legislature's scare tactics and doomsday scenerios.. I mailed in my ballot a couple of weeks ago..

Old 05-19-2009, 12:47 AM

95 posts, read 111,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I doubt that the New York Post would risk being sued for publication of false articles. What you claim to have read recently does not give credibility to your proclamation, nor does it negate what was written by the NY Post:
That link you provided is an opinion piece by the right-wing blogger Michelle Malkin.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09242008...ess_130482.htm

In regards to this statement:

"In an interview about rampant illegal-alien home-loan fraud, a spokeswoman for the US General Accounting Office told me five years ago: "Considering the size of Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Houston and other large cities throughout the United States known to be inundated with illegal aliens, I don't think the federal government is willing to expose this problem for financial reasons as well as for fear of political repercussions."

A spokeswoman told Michelle Malkin this information, but I guess there are no statistics to back it up.
And who is this "spokeswoman for the US General Accounting Office"? why no name?

I don't doubt greedy banks approved loans for illegals, but I'd like to see statistics from reliable sources, not from right-wing "columnists".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration