Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:51 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,507,325 times

Advertisements

Gentlemen, GENTLEMEN----PLEASE !!!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:44 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,456,607 times
I think Hannah Montana might be on.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:06 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,037,003 times
I think the most extraordinay post of all in this thread was the concern that one shouldn't post their answer here because it might get sent to Washington DC, and someone's unsuspecting speaking of their minds might be used against someone's 'cause'........

If that is indicative of the level of paranoia some harbor about their fear of allowing others to speak their minds,

....how much of what is posted, is only crafted for those supposed 'prying eyes'?

I know there's an attempt to have everyone conform to some form of group-think in regards to what's seemingly acceptable to discuss on this forum,

....but is that the level to which that kind of attempted control reaches?

If I state that I'm not forwarding anyone's speaking of their minds, does that ease the fear,

...or does it raise suspicion that I might be the one doing so.

It's mind-boggling to imagine to what lengths some will let their imaginations run.

Washington DC can't keep track of people for gawds sake, does anyone really believe they are capable of monitering and keeping track of every public message board on the internet?

......or is this one the line in the sand, the Maginot Line, so to speak, of immigration message boards on the web?

I'm guessing if anyone did send all this in, ....after about 10 minutes of review, the entire prospect of obtaining any 'actionable intelligence' to use against anyone, or against any 'cause', would be tossed aside, roundfiled and the covert action immediately disbanded.

Carry on.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM

185 posts, read 354,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The Mexican government publishes and distributes pamphlets containing explicit instructions on methods for entering the U.S. illegally without detection. If that isn't encouraging its citizens to 'go to the U.S.' I simply don't know what is.
The Mexican government does indeed encourage illegal immigration;

Mexican Guide for Migrants Gets Criticized North of the Border (http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2005-01/2005-01-28-voa31.cfm?CFID=256129509&CFTOKEN=36238321 - broken link)

Once they get here There are lay-up houses right inside our border, close to 50 Mexican consulates, God knows how many mobile consulates, 100, 200, 300? All driving around handing out bogus documents. Then there's all the La Raza types, MALDEF, LULAC, etc, etc, ETC!

Mexico is not dumping teachers and scientist's on us, they are removing the poorest of the poor and many criminals, an instant welfare state over 30 million strong.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:44 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,679,498 times
The op asked what we would do if we were oppressed. We would do exactly what our forefathers and a handful of farmers did during the revolution...we made a better country right here. I would suggest that the good hard working Mexicans stay home and make a better country instead of stealing ours.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The op asked what we would do if we were oppressed. We would do exactly what our forefathers and a handful of farmers did during the revolution...we made a better country right here. I would suggest that the good hard working Mexicans stay home and make a better country instead of stealing ours.
The trouble with your analogy is that 'we' are not our forefathers and a handful of farmers, when 'we' are oppressed by those who rule this country, we haven't fomented and carried out any revolution.

Suggest what you might for others, but don't you think you ought do so yourself first?

Old 01-14-2008, 11:20 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,119,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
The trouble with your analogy is that 'we' are not our forefathers and a handful of farmers, when 'we' are oppressed by those who rule this country, we haven't fomented and carried out any revolution.
"We" are oppressed? Really?

Wow - that's news to me because, in all honesty, I have never felt oppressed.

Now, I'm depressed though -

Old 01-14-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
"We" are oppressed? Really?

Wow - that's news to me because, in all honesty, I have never felt oppressed.

Now, I'm depressed though -
...the examples which define oppression is the subject most often complained about on this forum every day.

People here, (and I'm pretty sure you're included), have complained about the government treating you unjustly, and depriving you of your rights and benefits, as you see those rights and benefits accruing to you.

Yeah, I'm not missing anything here, ....the 'we' you speak of talks about nothing much more than how badly they are oppressed.

It's a constant whine.....

Old 01-14-2008, 01:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,119,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
...the definition of oppression is complained about on this forum every day.

People here, (and I'm pretty sure you're included), have complained about the government treating you unjustly and depriving you of your rights and benefits as you see those rights and benefits accruing to you.
Nah, I really can't recall ever complaining about being treated unjustly. I do what I want - I don't have any government benefits coming to me so, that is a moot point -

No, life is good

Old 01-14-2008, 01:58 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,794,796 times
Okay boys and girls. This has gotten a little out of hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration