Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:49 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times

Advertisements

moutainboomer said: "It's not about the ILLEGALS, it about Human compassion, understanding, loving thy neighbor. Not PRO-ILLEGAL or ANTI-ILLEGAL..."

Human compassion? What entitles Mexico's people to our compassion over the rest of the world's poor? It's proximity to our southern border?

I have a real problem with those who state that this is all about human compassion, loving thy neighbor, blah diddy blah diddy blah. Today in Africa, approximately 2,500 children died. Tomorrow another 2,500 will die. The day after that another 2,500 children will die. Every day of every week of every year. They will from starvation and from a lack of clean water, and from the diseases which are brought on by both.

There is no doubt that many of Mexico's people are poor. But there is poor and there is abject, without hope, destined to die, poverty. If human compassion is indeed the motivation behind illegal immigration (which we all know that it is not--it is the enslavement of an entire geo-political class of people for corporate benefit) then surely there must be a yardstick by which we measure need.

Why should the United States continue to receive unchecked, all of Mexico's poor and uneducated? If poor and uneducated people are what you are looking to import into the United States in the name of human compassion, then I suggest that we begin importing our illegal aliens from the following fifty poorest countries in the world. Please note that Mexico doesn't even make the top 50:

Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, East Timor, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.

Only then can America truly earn its reputation for saving the world. If human compassion is the ideal, then people from these fifty countries should be priority. I guarantee that they will be much more grateful for the opportunity to "improve" their lives than our current crop of illegals, and I'm sure that they will be just as easy to exploit for slave wages as Mexico's people are, so no loss to big business there.

Uh-huh...thought so.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:56 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,605,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
So you would:
...break Federal statutes of another country just because it wasn't your original country to provide for your family?
...break any and all laws to provide for your family?
...clobber another human being over the head to steal something for your family?
...rob a bank to provide for your family?
...murder another human being to provide for your family?

Have you already done these things "for your family?" Why not? You could be a far richer provider as a total career-criminal with no thought to any other human being outside your family!! Where is it supposed to stop, once you've started rationalizing U.S. laws away to suit your own selfish needs, even if you've stated it's for your family? If you're inventing "compassion" as an excuse, when does it start for anyone outside of your family? This is 2007, not the Dark Ages where you plunder anyone around you as your only recourse.

Illegals "rob Peter to pay Paul," with themselves being Paul, insofar as poor and working poor American citizens are taxed to provide for their services, services that we ourselves will never ever get. Illegals depress wages, and incubate violent gangs as part of the "laws don't apply to us" mentality. In real (read low income to middle class) non-rich areas, illegals' attitude towards us citizens here, both born and naturalized, spans resenting to despising. Face the truth, illegals have zero compassion for anyone else in the United States, only their own. I live with them and I know.
You say you're "annoyed with illegals." "Annoyed" doesn't exactly cover it for low to moderate income American citizens. You obviously don't live with them, lose jobs to them, have zero in common with people who think everyone should learn their foreign language instead of ever making even the slightest attempt to learn the lingua franca of the United States, English, people who literally spit on me, a middle-aged American female, as I walk by them.

I live with them, clean off their graffiti, pick up their endless littering, hear their cacophony, know them to be self-centered with zero interest in anyone who is not from "their home country." I pay taxes that are then allocated to these mean-spirited freeloaders, services which I will never be allowed to have myself, and have had cancer-stricken friends shunted aside in county hospitals from the endless line of 8 1/2 month pregnant females fresh from foreign countries. I live with people whose "I can get away with breaking the Laws here!" mentality incubates gang members from their offspring. I've had them destroy my property, and shoot through the fence at our dogs! I've seen them shoot at neighbors' nice dogs who were being walked on leashes! Illegals who lied to the police about their identity yet were driving without licenses have totalled my cars. They routinely drive though stopsigns here honking, as they would in "their home country." One of othe other state forums here claims they really, really are opposed to our drunk driving restrictions because that was "okay in their home country." Their lawlessness literally knows no bounds.

They have zero compassion for us Americans. And apparently it's just lip service to their families, or else they would spend that $3,000.00 they give to the coyote illegal haulers and invest it back in their own family in their own country, for the betterment of all of them, every family member and every fellow Mexican countryman there.

Last edited by fastfilm; 04-09-2007 at 07:30 PM..

Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
I'd give you more rep for that one fastfilm, but unfortunately I have to "spread it around." Thank you for articulating this So Cal girl's frustration and anger so eloquently.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:12 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
moutainboomer said: "It's not about the ILLEGALS, it about Human compassion, understanding, loving thy neighbor. Not PRO-ILLEGAL or ANTI-ILLEGAL..."

Human compassion? What entitles Mexico's people to our compassion over the rest of the world's poor? It's proximity to our southern border?

I have a real problem with those who state that this is all about human compassion, loving thy neighbor, blah diddy blah diddy blah. Today in Africa, approximately 2,500 children died. Tomorrow another 2,500 will die. The day after that another 2,500 children will die. Every day of every week of every year. They will from starvation and from a lack of clean water, and from the diseases which are brought on by both.

There is no doubt that many of Mexico's people are poor. But there is poor and there is abject, without hope, destined to die, poverty. If human compassion is indeed the motivation behind illegal immigration (which we all know that it is not--it is the enslavement of an entire geo-political class of people for corporate benefit) then surely there must be a yardstick by which we measure need.

Why should the United States continue to receive unchecked, all of Mexico's poor and uneducated? If poor and uneducated people are what you are looking to import into the United States in the name of human compassion, then I suggest that we begin importing our illegal aliens from the following fifty poorest countries in the world. Please note that Mexico doesn't even make the top 50:

Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, East Timor, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.

Only then can America truly earn its reputation for saving the world. If human compassion is the ideal, then people from these fifty countries should be priority. I guarantee that they will be much more grateful for the opportunity to "improve" their lives than our current crop of illegals, and I'm sure that they will be just as easy to exploit for slave wages as Mexico's people are, so no loss to big business there.

Uh-huh...thought so.
Impoverished people from any of these 50 countries would probably be very grateful for the chance to move to the US (or any other first world country for that matter). And you can be D*A*M*N sure they wouldn't be marching in our streets burning the American flag.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:16 AM

185 posts, read 355,311 times
"Regarding the deceiving Mexicans who will say "yes" to anything you ask them, I've got to say I've never seen any illegal performing any job beyond a restaurant or a construction site. Do we really believe that a Mexican says "si" and he's offered a position as a university professor, or as a pilot or else? Where did we get this? Mexicans work mostly on the lowest, and for the most part stay there and don't go up the ladder."

I was exaggerating to make a point, I suppose I should use the *sarcasm* warning for those who it might escape.

Framing, wiring and plumbing a house used to be a trade that took training. Even though an illegal may have no skills they have no compunction about claiming they do, often resulting in inferior construction that has to be redone later. Not to mention jobs lost to qualified American citizens, some of which who have spent a lot of time and money building their skills.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
"Regarding the deceiving Mexicans who will say "yes" to anything you ask them, I've got to say I've never seen any illegal performing any job beyond a restaurant or a construction site. Do we really believe that a Mexican says "si" and he's offered a position as a university professor, or as a pilot or else? Where did we get this? Mexicans work mostly on the lowest, and for the most part stay there and don't go up the ladder."

I was exaggerating to make a point, I suppose I should use the *sarcasm* warning for those who it might escape.

Framing, wiring and plumbing a house used to be a trade that took training. Even though an illegal may have no skills they have no compunction about claiming they do, often resulting in inferior construction that has to be redone later. Not to mention jobs lost to qualified American citizens, some of which who have spent a lot of time and money building their skills.

Yep you got that one right!!! We are in construction and have seen the completely shoddy work they do. My husband who hasnt had to wear his bags in a few years, now has to put them on almost daily to get it fixed. He is a framer by trade and has seen the whole industry go to crap, so builders can save a few bucks.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:47 PM

238 posts, read 179,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Impoverished people from any of these 50 countries would probably be very grateful for the chance to move to the US (or any other first world country for that matter). And you can be D*A*M*N sure they wouldn't be marching in our streets burning the American flag.
duh...of course - what part of Human do I need to explain? and I believe you will be d***, not me.

Thump your chest all you want, matters little; the variables that were in your control (along with the other chest thumpers) went unchecked and now, the inevitable - life as you know it will be no more!

I'm flexible...will pursue happiness regardless of bigots, mescans, racists, illegals, hypocrites, politicians, radio host, potty mouthed kids, flag burners, etc...

Old 04-10-2007, 12:50 PM

238 posts, read 179,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yep you got that one right!!! We are in construction and have seen the completely shoddy work they do. My husband who hasnt had to wear his bags in a few years, now has to put them on almost daily to get it fixed. He is a framer by trade and has seen the whole industry go to crap, so builders can save a few bucks.

Are you really an expert on everything? Texas/US/Southwest History, Housing industry, Human Analyst, Mexicans, Illegals, legals, immigration laws, politics, black people, what have I missed?

Old 04-10-2007, 01:07 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
duh...of course - what part of Human do I need to explain? and I believe you will be d***, not me.

Thump your chest all you want, matters little; the variables that were in your control (along with the other chest thumpers) went unchecked and now, the inevitable - life as you know it will be no more!

I'm flexible...will pursue happiness regardless of bigots, mescans, racists, illegals, hypocrites, politicians, radio host, potty mouthed kids, flag burners, etc...
How nice for you that you welcome the Reconquista of Aztlan with open arms! I bet you can hardly wait until Irving, TX looks like this!

Old 04-10-2007, 02:02 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Are you really an expert on everything? Texas/US/Southwest History, Housing industry, Human Analyst, Mexicans, Illegals, legals, immigration laws, politics, black people, what have I missed?
Well lets see, I have never commented on black people other than I have black friends, so I dont know what that is about.Yes I have been in Construction for 20 years so yes I know something about the housing industry, I have worked with plenty of Hispanics and illegals, havent commented on immigration laws, SW history, yes minored in history, dont do much on politics, just my views. Expert No, experienced in life, yes. What people cant have their own experiences? Or is that all you can actually comment on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration