U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,748,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
It's a dog-eat-dog world, I guess.
I've always been the type to root for the underdog, though.
It's just my nature.
You're trying to get the best possible life for yourself; so are they.
You were born with undeserved advantages, though.
They were born with undeserved disadvantages.
You were born in America, where even the poorest can afford to be fat.
They were born in impoverished circumstances.

I want everybody to be happy.

But I think you can be happy even with them living in your country.
And I'm not sure they can be happy, if they can't afford adequate food and medical care for their families no matter how hard they work, merely because of the location in which they were born.
I don't begrudge them the opportunity to change this.
Therein lies the problem. It is NOT MY PROBLEM that they are stupid enough to have children they cannot adequately feed, clothe, educate and support. This reckless and mindless breeding (and perpetuation of their poverty) is NOT a consequence of their birthplace or their dire circumstances. This is a consequence of their foolishness and selfishness.

I am NOT going to pity women who continue to get pregnant and bare children they cannot afford. I am NOT going to condone using MY hard-earned money to pay for their recklessness.

If it's between them and me, then I'll fight to the bitter end. I did not have children, and I'll be damned if I'll support Mexico's poor and stupid as they continue to breed foolishly and recklessly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 10:04 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
It's a dog-eat-dog world, I guess.
I've always been the type to root for the underdog, though.
It's just my nature.
You're trying to get the best possible life for yourself; so are they.
You were born with undeserved advantages, though.
They were born with undeserved disadvantages.
You were born in America, where even the poorest can afford to be fat.
They were born in impoverished circumstances.

I want everybody to be happy.

But I think you can be happy even with them living in your country.
And I'm not sure they can be happy, if they can't afford adequate food and medical care for their families no matter how hard they work, merely because of the location in which they were born.
I don't begrudge them the opportunity to change this.
So?

Who are you to judge whether a person is deserving or not?

Frankly: till Mexico (our biggest source of illegals) grows up and takes personal responsibility for its poorest AKA usually Indian citizens----------why should us Americans do so?

As it is; starvation is no longer a problem SoB.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,235,704 times
These responses do not make me proud to be an American.
Frankly, they reinforce the global stereotype of America as a nation of graceless bullies and bumbling short-bus riders.
Have a bit of compassion.
We all came from the same place, and we're all going to the same place, too.
Wherever that may be.
A border is nothing but an arbitrary line on a map, drawn by rich old men in suits, sitting in a board room somewhere.
Humanity knows no borders, and neither does the human condition.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:14 PM

24 posts, read 65,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Therein lies the problem. It is NOT MY PROBLEM that they are stupid enough to have children they cannot adequately feed, clothe, educate and support. This reckless and mindless breeding (and perpetuation of their poverty) is NOT a consequence of their birthplace or their dire circumstances. This is a consequence of their foolishness and selfishness.

I am NOT going to pity women who continue to get pregnant and bare children they cannot afford. I am NOT going to condone using MY hard-earned money to pay for their recklessness.

If it's between them and me, then I'll fight to the bitter end. I did not have children, and I'll be damned if I'll support Mexico's poor and stupid as they continue to breed foolishly and recklessly.
That is sooooooooooo selfish of you. Because you have a job, and bring home a little paycheck every two weeks, you have the right to have a family and those poorer than don't. Check yourself. Unlike you, with your dictator tones, people have the God Given Right to have children. And Latins are very conservative and religous and DO NOT BELIEVE IN CONDOMS AND ABORTIONS (Vast majority are Catholics). Unlike you who may not even believe in God.

Last edited by John C H; 05-19-2009 at 10:23 PM..

Old 05-19-2009, 10:17 PM

2,088 posts, read 2,188,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C H View Post
That is sooooooooooo selfish of you. Because you have a job, and bring home a little paycheck every two weeks, you have the right to have a family and those poorer than don't. Check yourself.
Well, in the real world (not the imaginary one you live in) someone has to pay the bills. If its not going to be you or the illegal aliens and their anchor children, then it will be FormerCaliforniaGirl. It is her tax dollars, she has a right to demand that it be spent on American citizens and not illegal aliens. You should "check" yourself and maybe try growing up.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,585 times
Quote:
These responses do not make me proud to be an American.
Frankly, they reinforce the global stereotype of America as a nation of graceless bullies and bumbling short-bus riders.
How is it graceless, bullying, bumbling, etc. to believe that illegal aliens should follow the laws of this country and, should they want a visa or citizenship, apply for it like the hundreds of thousands of legal immigrants do so every year?

Quote:
Have a bit of compassion.
Compassion? What kind of compassion? The kind of compassion that believes that all poor illegals should be able to trespass and get what they demand despite breaking the laws of the US?

Fine, we'll show some compassion BUT first I'd like to demand compassion from the following countries and what they should do:

- Iran (because it's richer & safer) should never seek the detention or deportation of illegal Afghans or stem the flow of illegal Afghan migrants

- Mexico (because it's richer & safer) should never seek the detention or deportation of illegal Cubans, Salvadorans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans & Guatemalans or stop the flow of said illegal nationals.

- Venezuela & Ecuador (because they're richer & safer) should never seek the detention & deportation of any illegal Colombians or stem the flow of illegal Colombians.

- Chile (because it's richer & safer) should never seek the detention or deportation of illegal Bolivians and Peruvians or stem the flow of illegal Bolivians & Peruvians.

- The Dominican Republic (because it's richer & safer) should never seek the detention or deportation of illegal Haitians or stem the flow of illegal Haitians.

- South Africa (because it's richer & safer) should never seek the detention or deportation of illegal Zimbabweans or stem the flow of illegal Zimbabweans.

Quote:
A border is nothing but an arbitrary line on a map, drawn by rich old men in suits, sitting in a board room somewhere.
Humanity knows no borders, and neither does the human condition.
Iran, Mexico, Venezuela, Ecuador, Chile, The Dominican Republic, South Africa and the uncompassionate United States think otherwise.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Unlike you who may not even believe in God.
Because God should be important to us? The poor illegals can believe in whatever God they want and interpret the Bible however they want but I'm certain that the majority of us would choose the base our laws & morals on secular purposes.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Well, in the real world (not the imaginary one you live in) someone has to pay the bills. If its not going to be you or the illegal aliens and their anchor children, then it will be FormerCaliforniaGirl. It is her tax dollars, she has a right to demand that it be spent on American citizens and not illegal aliens. You should "check" yourself and maybe try growing up.
Then vote. But don't play God and tell who can and can't have children. Fix the borders. Don't talk like you are high and mighty. Her tax dollars...how much is that....If you work at Burger King part time...its not much. You don't like what the Government is doing with you precious tax dollars...vote them out. But don't give personal attacks like we care. GROW UP...this is not the elementary school yard.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Because God should be important to us? The poor illegals can believe in whatever God they want and interpret the Bible however they want but I'm certain that the majority of us would choose the base our laws & morals on secular purposes.
Yeah right...I call this one hypocrite. We all know all the Righties are the ones wound up on this issue...and always throw God around....just when it's kosher for them. OK...Whatever.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah right...I call this one hypocrite. We all know all the Righties are the ones wound up on this issue...and always throw God around....just when it's kosher for them. OK...Whatever.
Huh? When you mentioned that the 'Righties' are throwing god around when it's 'kosher' for us did you imply us anti-illegals?

I have almost NEVER read someone use any of words of 'God' or the 'Bible' in justifying their opposition to illegal aliens.

If you believe otherwise then please provide some evidence instead of making baseless accusations. Evidence please...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration